• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Merry Christmas

WVB

Hey next time someone tells you Happy Holidays your reply should be "Happy Holy Day to you too!"

Colin

But what if that person is an agnostic or an athiest? People with a religious belief system (in this case christians), don't have the market cornered on peace, love, good will, etc.

I don't wish to start a debate - certainly not on this thread, but if a person extends a greeting to you, why not just accept it, and don't expect them to see the "big picture" just the way you do.

After all, there aren't really any holy days, they don't exist, no matter what religion, they exist on a man-made calendar only due to the importance that we place on them.

Wednesdays don't really exist in nature, we just call it that because we need a point of reference.

WVB

Colin if you are a Christian (someone who simply believes in God) then you already know the answers to the questions you have asked. In fact the Holy day does exist Colin, it is Jesus' birthday.

But no more discussion on religion I do not wish for this thread to be closed - Thank you.

Bigdawg

Just Me
No matter what your beliefs - we celebrate this holiday season BECAUSE of Christmas - whether it is a point of reference or a holy day it is the reason that we celebrate at this time of the year. I have no problem with someone saying happy holidays and certainly take it at the face value, however I do have problem with wanting to forget why we have the holiday to begin with. 'nuff said.

Steve C.

merrychristmasbanner.jpg

It does not matter what your particular belief is. I am bothered when I hear about stores like Target not allowing employees to wish customers Merry Christmas. I will not be offended if someone wishes me Happy Hanukkah or any thing else. Just say "Thanks, and same to you". Peace on Earth. Christ is Love, so remember the reason for the season. Have a Happy Whateveryourholidayis.

Last edited:

Dave Drane

Well said Steve....and may the blessings of the year past again be upon you and Si and the rest of the members.

K

kevco

I just wanted to tell everyone "Marry Christmas". I hope all of you have a wonderful Christmas and get to spend it with the ones you love. If you are traveling be careful and God bless.

Attachments

• logo7.jpg
    logo7.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 114

Kevin Huffman

Merry Christmas guys, I am not very creative so I decieded to give you a christmas link that made me laugh.

http://members.cox.net/transam57/lights.wmv

This guy actually got shut down by city (grid lock from all the light watchers). But he did have a radio station set up to play this song over and over, the lil sign on the right tells views what station to tune to hear the song.

It is pretty cool.

tiamarie

This guy actually got shut down by city (grid lock from all the light watchers). But he did have a radio station set up to play this song over and over, the lil sign on the right tells views what station to tune to hear the song.

It is pretty cool.

FYI, The band that does the song is Trans-Siberian Orchestra. And they are awesome! They put on one of the best live shows. If you ever have the chance to see them, do it.

Oh and..

Merry Chrismas!!