• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki Jv3 Motherboard

PITCHER55

Hi Everybody...
Does Any Body Could Advice Us Where To Repair... Buy A Refurnisbed Or A New Jv3 Mimaki Motherboard...
All Of You Have A Nice Weekend.. And Thanks
Agustin

APC Tech NE

I have a new never installed JV3 SP mainboard in original box. I will sell for half of the dealer retail. It is not the newer ROHS board and can be firmware downgraded and made chip unaware.
email me at robert@viptechservices.com if you are interested.

bbimage

Main board repair for JV3, in Eastern Europe?

Hi all, my name is Felix, I've got an JV3 250 sp Mimaki and I've fried the main board by changing the ribbons from the slider board to the black head when the machine was powered off. Unfortunatelly the ribbon was not in the right place and those tiny pins just shorted when i powered on the printer. I've read about this kind of mistakes here, I've tried to disconnect all the ribons and power up the machine, nothing moved so I'm 99% sure that my main board is faulty. Do anybody know if there is a company in Europe, like Macmedia in US, who can repair main boards? I'm from Romania btw and now another 2000 EUR for a new main board is out of my financial reach...Thx guys!

k.a.s.

I can't help you with a supplier over there, but don't send it to MacMedia he's a crook.

Kevin

MikePro

bah! zombie-thread had me replying to OP, lol.
ebay has some good listings BUT I wouldn't be surprised if there are some lemons out there.

k.a.s.

I guess I shouldn't say things without some background, I didn't want to hijack the thread but....

I had several dealings with MacMedia in the last number of years with great success. Last summer I needed a motherboard, he said he had a refurbished JV-33 board that he would send me with a 60 return policy.

I ordered it and it did not work, although I'm not sure it was the boards fault, I e-mailed him and told him I wanted to send it back and go with the Mumaki board. He replied that it was fine to send it back and that's what I did. According to the tracking # it was delivered Aug 1st 2013 and I have yet to see a credit back on my credit card.

I have e-mailed at least 6 times with absolutely NO RESPONSE, and since you can't call him, short of driving to NY I can't get him to speak to me. I have e-mails to prove everything I'm saying, and at this point I am out $1100+.

If anyone has access to him, I'll be happy to talk to him and resolve the situation have him call me.

Kevin

bbimage

So, I dont have an alternative, it's just MacMedia? I'm thinking to buy a refurbish main board from them and send mine for repair, they have 11 main boards, refurbished, on stock. Although it's a long time for transport from my god forgotten country to US! That's why I asked about a European country company who does what MacMedia is doing in US. If anyone knows one, please reply. Anyway, thank you all for just being here!

artbot

surely there are several closer not requiring international shipping. you might contact macmedia and ask them for a referral. they'll be more in the know of who would be a good source.

bbimage

update!

Hi guys, I'm sad and happy now... Happy because I found a very good tech in electronics and he fixed my mother board! Yes, I don't need to worry anymore if some of my other boards will be defaulted, the guy knows how to isolated and replace any electronic components on the boards. The total cost for fixing the motherboard was 75 eur! But the problem, beside that, was the black printhead, it fried! I've ordered a new one, it will be installed tomorow.

stickerjoe

I just got my main & slider board back from MacMedia re-installed them have the same problem as before and now I'm having issues with the sleep cleaning when it comes on to clean it doesn't shut off plus when I try to advance feed the vinyl forward or back the first time it stop like normal if I hit it again it keeps feeding, so would not send anything to them. I've email them with no response back my next step is to file a claim we PayPal, really glad I paid with PayPal