• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mini Cooper Minecraft Wrap - Just completed

stevesign

Hi Guys,

Thought i would share this Mini Cooper wrap we just completed, the kids have been on at me for ages to produce a Minecraft car, so here goes...

Attachments

• IMG_0444.jpg
    IMG_0444.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 978
  • IMG_0448.jpg
    IMG_0448.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 1,665
  • IMG_0449.jpg
    IMG_0449.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 537
  • IMG_0452.jpg
    IMG_0452.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 1,395
  • IMG_0457.jpg
    IMG_0457.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 1,885

reQ

I was just wondering, in case like this, is it completely legal to use minecraft art etc? Reason i am asking, because i was recently asked to wrap and SUV in Louis Vuitton theme, and i told customer i will get back to him after i will check if its legal :)

stevesign

Minecraft Wrap

I would guess its a grey area, although there is no high resolution artwork available, it was all drawn from scratch - as a one off - not for commercial gain - and with Minecraft Artists / Wallpapers, Mojang seem to encourage this - if they want it off, they can come and take it off :eek:)

Pat Whatley

I was just wondering, in case like this, is it completely legal to use minecraft art etc?

The shop I work in wrapped a car in a Minecraft theme a few years ago....at MineCon the car ended up getting put on a red carpet in front of the building. I'd say they didn't mind.

player

I would guess its a grey area, although there is no high resolution artwork available, it was all drawn from scratch - as a one off - not for commercial gain - and with Minecraft Artists / Wallpapers, Mojang seem to encourage this - if they want it off, they can come and take it off :eek:)

Actually you made it for commercial gain.

Try that with the Harley Davidson logo or Disney artwork and see if it is OK.

But from this discussion it looks like the company is OK with the promotional aspect.

stevesign

Mini

"Actually you made it for commercial gain."

I think not, its our car, and not for a client - so there is no commercial gain. No money changing hands here :thumb:

MikePro

Not really off topic when everyone knows there are copyright laws in place to protect companies from having their logo/brand used without consent.

That being said, I personally don't care whether that's "wrong" or not it looks great. Good job. :thumb:

+1
all I hear are crybabies too scared to have some fun.
I doubt any company would spend the time & legal resources to go after a one-off car wrap, or a man-cave, or a laptop printcover that has copyrighted material unless it is clearly generating some sort of income or unwanted attention.
this, however, is minecraft and I guarantee they love it too. ...as do I.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Very nice and we'll executed.

Most of the time, we're worried about someone coming after us because of the monetary gains..... whether it be through simple viewing/advertising or getting paid to put ot on someone's vehicle they don't care if its your own or the King's.

The other side of the coin is rather very simple. The actual owner of logos, artwork or themes have the right to allow who they do and don't want to use their stuff. If someone like the OP here is doing this as said, no harm. I'm sure nothing will come of it, but let's say some adult book store did it...... do you think they'd get the same response ??

They have the right to choose who and how they want to be represented, so as to come down on them or just let it go.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member

Mojang might have encouraged this... the new owner (Microsoft) might not, and certainly have the legal clout to prevent it happening again if they dont.

Other than that, a nice looking wrap. Love the game!