• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

More Recent Wraps...

grafixemporium

Here's a tournament bay boat we just finished. Was a plain hull when I got it. Completely rigged out by Custom Marine Concepts.

Attachments

• Haynie 01.jpg
    Haynie 01.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 132
  • Haynie 03.jpg
    Haynie 03.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 157
  • Haynie 06.jpg
    Haynie 06.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 153
  • Haynie 05.jpg
    Haynie 05.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 141
  • Haynie 07.jpg
    Haynie 07.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 132

grafixemporium

More of the Haynie. We even wrapped the Power Pole!

Attachments

• Haynie 11.jpg
    Haynie 11.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 116
  • Haynie 12.jpg
    Haynie 12.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 170
  • Haynie 13.jpg
    Haynie 13.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 137
  • Haynie 15.jpg
    Haynie 15.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 108

grafixemporium

Here's a fun little "before and after"... but they're not the same vehicle. The "before" got wrecked so we sold them on creating the "after".

Attachments

• LMC Before After LowRes.jpg
    LMC Before After LowRes.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 177
  • LMC1.jpg
    LMC1.jpg
    259.3 KB · Views: 185
  • LMC2.jpg
    LMC2.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 115
  • LMC3.jpg
    LMC3.jpg
    263.9 KB · Views: 156
  • LMC4.jpg
    LMC4.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 93

Sign Works

GFX, I've got a question, Is the green stripe section on the tail gate overlaid on the beige chex pattern? (right above the taillight) seems like it would have been difficult to have it line up properly otherwise. Also seems the same technique might have been needed on the green chex pattern from the front bumper to the fender. I have limited wrap experience and am curious as to how these areas were managed, care to elaborate?

By the way the work looks top notch.:thumb:

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 171
  • Untitled 1.jpg
    Untitled 1.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 111

SSG_SIGNS

Don't you have to take the door panels off to get the mirrors & door handles off? Do you get prior permission from the customer to do that?

grafixemporium

Sign Works: Awesome question! It was only a matter of time before someone noticed that. Sure enough the stripes carrying on to the rear tailgate area are a seperate piece printed and overlayed on top of the wrap. It was the only way to get it perfect. Even then we had to draw a template on each side so the stripes lined up with the stripes on the sides.

The front bumper was a design choice. In retrospect it could have flowed a little better. Cars these days are crazy... a bumper isn't a bumper anymore. You can't really always treat it as a separate piece.

Fuzzbuster: We always make a paper pattern of boats before laying out the graphics. There simply is no other way. Boats have too many crazy compound curves that appear subtle, but when stretched over the length of the boat really make a huuuge difference on where things fall in the wrap. If you make a pattern then throw it up on wall and take a picture of it, you have a perfect template for laying out your graphics.

SSG Sign: Yes, the door panels always have to come off to remove the door handles. Some sideview mirrors can be removed without taking off the entire door panel, though. We remove them every time though. Our customers know that we strip the cars during the prep stage of the install in order to provide a seamless, paint-like finish product. So, yes, we have permission. In reality, not only does stripping the car make the install easier because you have less obstacles, it also protects the paint finish. When you strip everything, most of your trimming is done in areas that are covered by rubber, door handles, etc. There are very few people I'd trust with an exacto blade trimming out vinyl my truck's paint... that's for sure.

acothran

Great work. I really like the layout on the Nissan. Nice job updating the "LMC" logo while keeping the general characteristics from the old pic. I know you are a 3M user so are both of these 3M IJ180C-V3? Thanks for sharing.

Allen

kev3232

pulling door handles is great but why would you want the liability of something potentially going wrong or breaking something?

k