• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mosher's Landing

Mosh

bout 6 inches of water in the basemnt so far...The Missouri river is seven mile wide now!

2B

y'all got a great deal on beach front property, all about location location location.... YIKES

Mainframe

6 inches in basement, That SUCKS!, this is a dumb question, is it going to get worse or did the water peak? Flooding the farm is one thing but the house too that is the worst, I feel for you man, hang in there!

hightop

Have you considered growing rice? (sorry, couldn't resist) Here's hoping that the worst is done and the waters will begin to recede soon. Glad you are safe!

Craig Sjoquist

Private Island living now ya can't beat that.
Hope the water level goes down soon, will this destroy you growing season this year ?

MikePro

water, water, everywhere, and not a drop to drink!

hell of an effort man! not like I'd ever wish it upon myself, but I hope that I could step up like that to save my property the way to did.
:U Rock:

SignManiac

The water in the basement is more than likely a result of hydrostatic pressure. The ground will reach its maximum saturation point and the pressure will force the water up and through your basement floor and walls. I went through the same thing in New York after a heavy spring thaw. My basement/shop was flooded for weeks. I would vacuum up the water and watch it continue to seep up from the floor. If you don't have one already, get a sump pump and keep it running.

phototec

Mosh, did you build a levee around the house, looks like you did but hard to tell in the photo. If so, good job, looks like it is working.

6" of water in the basement is no big deal compared to what it could have been, just start a pump and get'er out.

Looks like if you didn't build the levee, the house would be several feet under water, and a lot more damage than it cost to build the levee, right?.

How much higher is the water predicted to rise?

:notworthy:

phototec