• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My first wrap

zibby

Let me know what you think

Attachments

• image-512216580.png
    image-512216580.png
    778.9 KB · Views: 97
  • image-3200437228.jpg
    image-3200437228.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 68

Dan Antonelli

Is their logo in a circle usually? The balance is really odd here as there isnt one dominant element, except for the circle. But the company name is so small within the circle, that it doesnt work as well as it could. I could see the script M as a dominant supergraphic close in contrast to background , and then company name running on top large.

Do the squint test on the back door, and the circle is most dominant, then web / phone , then company name, then what they do. See the trouble with that?

Look at their web site home page to see somewhat the idea I had for the supergraphic, which is on their site to the right - http://melochewindows.com/index.html

Dont get me wrong, layout is better than most, just offering suggestions on how it might have been improved.

Of course, if client art directed you, then you have my sympathies. :)

John Butto

nice work

Is their logo in a circle usually? The balance is really odd here as there isnt one dominant element, except for the circle. But the company name is so small within the circle, that it doesnt work as well as it could. I could see the script M as a dominant supergraphic close in contrast to background , and then company name running on top large.

Do the squint test on the back door, and the circle is most dominant, then web / phone , then company name, then what they do. See the trouble with that?

Look at their web site home page to see somewhat the idea I had for the supergraphic, which is on their site to the right - http://melochewindows.com/index.html

Dont get me wrong, layout is better than most, just offering suggestions on how it might have been improved.
Of course, if client art directed you, then you have my sympathies. :)
I like the way the truck was accomplished, and at my age don't have to do any squint test. Looked at the website and the truck looks just like their logo that they probably paid someone big bucks to who used words like "supergraphics". He was proud of the way his truck wrap turned out and did not need to hear below the belt comments like "better than most" and "might have been improved". No matter what work is accomplished, we always know that we could have changed something to make it better. Being all grown men and women on this site for the most part, I, personally sir, do not need to read a high school guidance counselor attitude critique.

zibby

Thanks for all comments.
Regarding design and layout this is what my customer wanted to see.
It's all about customer.
They were very happy with the final product and that's what matters.
Thanks

Colin

Not only do I fully agree with Dan's assessment, (they were my very thoughts before I even read his post), but I thought he offered it graciously as well.

Besides, the O/P started off with: "What do you think?" When one asks that question, one should be open to any and all replies.

That "M" is screaming to be bigger.

Flame

I like the way the truck was accomplished, and at my age don't have to do any squint test. Looked at the website and the truck looks just like their logo that they probably paid someone big bucks to who used words like "supergraphics". He was proud of the way his truck wrap turned out and did not need to hear below the belt comments like "better than most" and "might have been improved". No matter what work is accomplished, we always know that we could have changed something to make it better. Being all grown men and women on this site for the most part, I, personally sir, do not need to read a high school guidance counselor attitude critique.

I'm quite sure Mr. Antonelli has accomplished far more in the design world than you ever will. While no one is perfect, Antonelli is one of the handful of people on here that when he offers advice, I listen and read carefully.

I agree with his opinions on this design and don't think he was rude at all.

It's all about customer.

We all know you can't always convince the customer. Just doesn't always happen. However, you put this on a public forum for review of YOUR work, which is being given freely. So in this scenario it's not a very valid excuse.

For your first wrap, not bad. Just keep working at her and have fun!

Salmoneye

I liked the wrap and the constructive critique, if nobody offers constructive criticism than this is just a giant stroke-fest. I especially like it when it is offered in such a polite manner like this and not like the ripping that I see so many give here for entertainments sake only. Definitely not below the belt.
I think that Zibby did a fine first wrap, I also think that he should be thanking his critics when they offer something that is trying to be of use. I don't always agree with my critics even when they are good, but I do always listen to them, consider the input and thank them for the interest, used or not.

CheapVehicleWrap

John, where you located in Jersey? North by any chance. Quality wrappers are in demand and we're always hiring.

iSign

I liked the wrap and the constructive critique, if nobody offers constructive criticism than this is just a giant stroke-fest. I especially like it when it is offered in such a polite manner like this and not like the ripping that I see so many give here for entertainments sake only. Definitely not below the belt.
I think that Zibby did a fine first wrap, I also think that he should be thanking his critics when they offer something that is trying to be of use. I don't always agree with my critics even when they are good, but I do always listen to them, consider the input and thank them for the interest, used or not.

:goodpost:
I liked the wrap and the constructive critique too...

I'd hate a giant stroke-fest too... (generally speaking :omg:)

I think it was offered in a polite manner too... Definitely not below the belt...

I also think Zibby should be thanking his critics, when they offer something of value...

...in fact I think this was such a damn :goodpost: that I almost didn't need to post...

but I will add that folks like Dan may not always have the time or the inclination to expand our perceptions & share the views of a proven success in our industry, but he does come around here and offer that... and although I don't have a problem with JB, I would trade 2 or 3 guys like him, or me... to not lose the inspiration & insight of the few guys like Mr Anto... hahaha, just kidding... the few guys like Dan around here that have risen to that next level & have developed their business to a degree that gives them new & different experiences to share with the rest of us... and I hate to think someday he will hear one too many jealous or intimidated peers call him out for having the audacity to step up and presume he has something worth listening too...
-
-
-
...because in my opinion, he does, so I'm not going to sit idle while any friend or acquaintance here lobs a few unjustified complaints against legitimate constructive criticism, if I think it could in any way curtail future constructive criticism from a seasoned veteran..

...I for one have no interest in this site becoming the stroke fest Salmoneye referred to, so we should appreciate the time spent in offering valuable commentary... and save the bitching for all the bitchfests that we already have available to jump in on...

Jillbeans

It's so gorgeous that I just had an orgasm when I saw it.
I think I'll go look at it again.
Love....Jill
PS
For every one person here who feels threatened by Dan's well-intended advice, and is compelled to come back with the old "customer is always right" defense, there are 100 others here who read and learn, and better their output. When Dan talks, I listen.
Thanks Dan.