• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

need a printer

jiarby

just job out your printing until you can save enough coin///

you don't want someone's punked out printer. You'll spend $3K in maintenance!@

luggnut

i've seen the falcon 48 on here for sale at about that price... and i know it can do what you are asking.

Flame

Now that my nonsense has been cleaned up. ;)

Serious advice time. If you are looking for a printer for $3K or under, you will NOT get anything reliable, nor under warranty nor really that high of quality. For short run labels, you can get away with murder. For wraps, that's a whole different story. I'd suggest saving up some more money before even thinking about doing wraps.

If you want a budget model, look into a used 48" Falcon. They are affordable, easy to work on, sometimes a pain because they can break down a fair amount, but not a bad machine. Downer part, they average about 20 sq. ft. an hour for a decent quality print.

Even then though, a working unit is going to be worth atleast $5K.

And this doesn't include RIP software. I paid $4600 for my RIP, Flexi 8. That's more than your printer budget!!!

So honestly, I'd suggest looking into financing and buying a new unit, or a package, as in the end it will save you time and headaches.

cdiesel

Why not sell it and buy one, faster machine? You can get used VersaCamms in the $9-12k range. Or, sell it, use the $5k for a down on a nice machine. Or, keep your Falcon for your smaller jobs, and sub out the larger wraps and stuff.

MacDaddy

SW is selling 48s for 9K I think... I have not looked at the website in a week or two but that was the price the last time I looked.....

robo2

I also got a VE Q130 - 54 inch Vinyl Cutter with arm what can i get for that

Vinyl Express Q-Series Specifications
• Configuration: Digital Servo Friction feed with MicroGrit rollers drive
• Windows OS compatible only
• Cutter Force: 10-400 grams down force
• Cutting Acceleration: 4g
• Max. Cutter Speed: 50ips
• Minimum Character Matrix: 0.125" high, Alpha-numeric characters, varies with type of film and font
• Mechanical Resolution: 0.0002"
• Repeatability: 0.0039" over 80" travel or better
• Number of Tool Holders: 1(accepts cutting blade, plotting pen, and pouncing tool)
• Blade Types: Super steel, ceramic
• Pen Types: Water-based fiber tip, roller ball, and ceramic tip
• Buffer: 2MB
• Ports: RS-232C Serial & USB
• Commands: HP-GL, GP-GL, control panel selectable
• Control Panel: 20 digits x 4 lines LCD with comprehensive icon corresponding soft keys
• Media Supply Mechanism: Integrated Accuload media supply system, optional media rack for simultaneously holding up to 3 rolls of media
• Media Pre-Feed: Standard (built-in Smart Feed function automatically unwinds and pre-feeds media for a specified distance upon self-recognition of plot file length)
• Power Supply: AC 100-240V, 48-62 Hz, auto switching, 120 VA max
• Operating Environment: 50° to 95° F
• Pouncing Function: With optional tool
• Includes Stand
• Warranty: 2 year

Jim Doggett

Yep; I second all mentions of SignWarehouse. 48" is a nice size for wraps ... handling wider media / panels can be dicey, especially when starting out. And they have the market cornered with the PrismJET VJ-48, a Mutoh-made, Wave-printing, 1440 dpi, high-speed, eco-sol marvel. The output, even at 100 ft^2 per hour is uhhhhhhmazing. (720 x 720) And virtually no banding (a Wave-printing benefit). BTW, it prints a full 48 inch (uni-directional; slightly less wide bi-directional) on 50" media. There's nothing that touches it for speed, quality and value. Nothing even close, of which I'm aware.

PS: I'm formerly with SignWarehouse. I'm no longer paid to say this stuff. It's simply, I believe, an undisputable fact, IMHO :^)

Best,

Last edited: