• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Logo Design Help

OldPaint

The only reason I'm even attempting this logo is simply that I don't like to reap what I don't sow, and having someone else coming up with the logo for my company seems like a field I didn't plant.
you can take some time to LEARN..........this is where i have problems with those coming into the business. get some clipart, throw in some effects, and hit print and now you is a sign maker. NOT!!!!

ITS NOT PERSONAL............why would i hate you?
and as you said: "To be honest, Printing leaves nothing to creativity." then you say in another you want to be creative......your confused........

Marlene

the print and the tagline are a good idea. the last one you posted, not so much as it is overly complex and hard to read. the first print you showed, done in a very light gray in the background with copy might be a better way to go. the print will be there to support the tagline but not some much that it interferes with the message.

I am on old timer too and I never draw out anything as it feels like a waste of my time. there are some old timers here who will tell you to draw it out first or you are some kind of hack...BS to that. if drawing it out helps you, then do it for that reason. if you find it no help, then don't do it. it doesn't make you a newbie, hack or anything of the other pet names thrown around, it just means it isn't your style of approach for a project. I get tired of the "you suck 'cause you haven't been doing this for a million years" answers to any design thread by anyone new. you should need to defend your design with good concrete reasons for each element but you shouldn't have to defend your right to own a business or to learn to design.

Christian @ 2CT Media

I didn't jump into this business, I was thrust into this business by a major corporation and it was adapt or lose my job. So I adapted, started my own company and quit my job.

I started it solely as a company who did the printing and installs for our clients and not design work. We then started building relationships with designers who we sub our design work out to. I just wanted to take the time to build a logo for ourselves and not use clipart and special effects. I fully understand that there is a lot that goes into building a design that works and I'm just trying to better understand it.

Slamboni

number them

If you're going to put a bunch of logos up, you should number them so we can refer to the right ones when mentioning preference. I like the blocky one in the bottom middle on your first attachment. the later one with the bold background letters and the script i feel would look better if you make the background letters solid and add a white outline around the script and move it up.

You can design in circles all day and end up back where you started if you have too much input though. This will be your brand, so think of it like a cow on a ranch. something you can stamp onto wide format, business cards, letterhead, etc. Even though it's 2012 and color is widely available, you should still make a b/w version that looks good to start from.

J

john1

Nothing wrong with letting people that know exactly what needs to be done do your logo for you. It's what they do.

Sign Amigo did mine and it doesn't mean i can't do any designs for my customers, It means i wanted it a certain way so i hired someone who was more knowledgeable to do it. Working smarter instead of harder.

Nobody can be a all in one jack of all trades.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Believe me I'm not trying to start being a designer for my company, just want to have a better understanding of what you designers have to go through.

I appreciate all the input, criticism, help, and info... as I get older I'm learning to not let things get under my skin and to roll with the punches. I'm trying to take a lesson from everything I encounter and not discount anything that is said to me.

I could just be a know it all kid, better than anybody else, or I can be humble and better myself by learning from everyone else. I'm choosing to be the later. If I offend I apologize, please know that I'm trying to get insights.

Again, I appreciate everyone's input and I will be holding off on any changes until I have some time to read the book that was recommended to me and start to put those ideas to action. I do want to read about others recommendations on where to begin or what they use to draw inspiration from when faced with an ambiguous name like mine.

Perks

Create a Logo you can recognize instantly when seen that shows a unified, contemporary image that is unique?

Billct2

I suggest you hire a designer (like Signamigo, Jillbeans or others here).
That would impress your design clients more.

buckssigns

At first I thought 2CT wasn't a great name, then I remembered the similarly named Renault 2CV, that didn't do too bad, in Europe at least :)
Did some variations on a theme, probably not up to date enough, but may give you an idea how to get some cohesion into your layouts.

Attachments

• 2ct.jpg
    2ct.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 81
  • 2ct1.jpg
    2ct1.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 103
  • 2ct2.jpg
    2ct2.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 78

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
How about you try one without the 'Media', just the initials 2CT. If IBM, 3M, UPS, et al don't feel the need for further description, why should you?

Your logo is not so much to generate business as it is to brand your product, your business, your very being. Anyone seeking your services will find you without extraneous and oft times frivolous text clogging up your brand.