• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Some Ideas/Thoughts

Justin

Hey all,

I'm trying to make a design for Four Seasons Designs. It's not a hotel, or all around designing company.. It's a flower shop.

I was first thinking of doing spring, summer, fall, winter little logos like you can see everywhere on the net, kind of like the 4 elements of the earth where its water, fire, etc..

Since I started off in that direction I was looking at a flower for spring, a sun for summer, a leaf(looks like a maple leaf) for fall, and a snowflake for winter..

Well as I was searching I seen the attached logo. I obviously don't want to copy that, but I like the subtleness of it having the four seasons, but not being the typical four square box.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• gYWaJ.jpg
    gYWaJ.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 105

Jillbeans

I would not take it so literally.
Using a sun and a maple leaf are not going to make it look like it's for a florist.
I'd stick with a traditional looking layout.
The name is so vague you almost have to put a flower in there somewhere unless it has a tagline saying they are a flower shop.
Love....Jill

SignManiac

The example you show, at first glance appears to be a slew of ants committing suicide by jumping from a tree.

toucan_graphics

this post is aging but I wanted to post an quick idea.... keep in mind that typography is not my long suit and this is a quick mock-up with random flower vectors.

Attachments

• fourseasons.png
    fourseasons.png
    34.5 KB · Views: 88
Last edited by a moderator:

Jillbeans

This flower is one I hand drew for a local florist.
You could use the same principal.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 111

Billct2

I like toucans take
You could pick a flower to represent each season, a simple stylized flower.
Spring tulip or daffodil
Summer Sunflower or rose
Fall Mum or aster
Winter Poinsettia

Vinylman

"
I'm trying to make a design for Four Seasons Designs. It's not a hotel, or all around designing company.. It's a flower shop"

For me the name has absolutely no connection with what the company {Florist?} does.
You need to discuss the name with the owner, and hopefully they can reconsider how to better enunciate what the heck they offer.

If I saw this name and wasn't looking for someone to either draw a house for me, or create a logo I would be moving my business elsewhere.

The name has absolutely NO connection to the products and services they offer.