• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

new bldg, cards and van wrap for my shop

Craig Sjoquist

Do like the van on right.. post #4 ..best

As far as your statement ..we make you look better ... not really sold on it except ..you look

what is better is if the question / statement is only a yes answer
or tied to your name / product / service

lunatic i agree in regards to being able to track the results of your marketing campaign (as you said how else do you know if they are working) this is an absolutely vital part of any marketing campaign...if you can not tell what is generating the interest you are receiving (or what is not generating interest) you can not modify your efforts to generate the most interest in the most economic manner.

however, in this instance and knowing the area that luggnut is in intimately. myself i wouldn't approach this as a campaign type strategy but rather i think it is important for all of the components that make up the image that luggnuts client's (or potential clients) are seeing (his business, truck(s), shirtss, corporate collateral (business cards, brochures, letterhead, etc), website..) that all of these images make up a consistent, professional looking image..that show that he has a presence in the community, that he is established and not a fly by night company. that needs to be the purpose of these projects in my opinion.

and then you focus on campaigns. generating results, tracking the source of those results, modifying efforts and tactics so that you are generating the most interest per dollar invested and most importantly converting those inquiries into sales.

i definitely believe that a wrap can be utilized in that manner and then i would suggest either having a means of identifying that the interest is coming because of a potential client viewing the vehicle on the road (a discount as you said is just one way of doing so) or establishing a separate phone number and website, etc...but again in this instance i don't think that should be the goal of these projects.

the challenge in his area (and surrounding areas) is for him to be viewed as an established, professional company and not a here to day gone tomorrow bottom dollar company. Luggnut is without a doubt one of the premier designers in this area and he needs to become recognized for that ability. There really is no design firms (there are 2...) for potential clients to choose from, if he can become recognized as a design and fulfillment company capable of producing the clean effective style he is becoming known for he will own the higher dollar customers in this market. it is a bizarre market to put it bluntly and big city textbook marketing strategies can put off just as many clients if not more...the market is so small and sensitive that you have to approach it in a manner that you earn clients by doing great work consistently. service those clients greatly so that you retain them and "let" them come to you by being established and present in the community...by 'let' them you can definitely encourage them and do more than open the door everday but direct hard sales tactics are not the best tactic in small communities in my opinion. there is a great amount of psychology that goes into selling in small markets versus the big city. it was a very hard lesson for me to learn...thinking that the same formula that worked for me in a major metropolitan city would work the same in a small town simply on a smaller scale.

rjpjr

Luggnut (Charles)

The business card works but the window graphics and the van graphics miss the mark for me. A wise customer is looking for someone who is going to help their identity or brand name stand out, but your name or identity is almost insignificant in your van and store front layouts. Increase the size of your Name/logo. It needs to "stand out", not the tagline (IMHO).

I looked at your website home page and liked what I saw. There is no mistaking whose website it is and I like the color selections a little better.

when i want antique style i reach for one of the golden era studios disk... you should check them out http://www.goldenstudios.com/ they will make you look like a genious
taken from another current thread...

This approach might be a good idea for you as well. There are many elements and design cues there that could be utilized that would be very complimentary to your logo. Most full coverage layouts go the way of diamond plate, flames or something trendy. A classy antique or traditional sign shop layout just may be what helps you stand out.

how about please kiss my #$%...

Now ... this was funny!

Looking forward to your revisions.

luggnut

Thanks for the tips RJ.. i really like the designs i've seen you post.

Isign has the same opinion as you about the name being the most important, i think i'll try a couple like that tomorrow.

this is what is great about signs101 i can get other pros opinions on my designs to help tweak them before i commit to them... thanks everyone!!!!

Jillbeans

I really do not like the yellow used at all.
It looks OK in your logo but it kind of clashes on the other stuff.
Try making "STAND OUT" etc in a creamy fade like in your logo, with a really dark outline, smaller than what you have now.
I like the darker greens used like in the bottom of the card.
Love....Jill

luggnut

I like the darker greens used like in the bottom of the card.

yep.. the cards looks the best to me too and the only real difference is more of the dark green and less of the lighter olive. i'm gonna try incorporating more of the darker green.

Try making "STAND OUT" etc in a creamy fade like in your logo, with a really dark outline, smaller than what you have now.

i thought about that and will give it a shot, but i usually don't like light letters on a light background with the outline being the only thing that gives it readability. did that make sense?

luggnut

new windows

i'm just working the windows right now... will get back to the van.

on the windows i changed the font for the list... removed the yellow, added dark green, and moved the web address.

the windows i didn't feel needed the logo or biz name real huge because of the large sign i will put above the door.

oh and i'm not sure about using "quality by design" i got that from signmaniacs signature!!! so i'll ask to see if he won't mind?

Attachments

• lewis bldg pic2.jpg
    lewis bldg pic2.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 83
  • sign depot windows2.jpg
    sign depot windows2.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 89

Jillbeans

I like that better.
And I agree, I don't usually like light on light.
But it might work.
Looks way better without the yeller and with the darker green.
:)

i'm thinking you could make your web address bigger and bolder reversed out of that band on the bottom for a little more effective use of that spa..you may want to try it in another font but also in all uppercase so you have uniform height characters to work with / no decenders.

i had never noticed the image of the hands from michelangelos 'creation of adam' in your sign before.

Lunatic Taskbar

Hi Dan,

I concede. I have no intimate knowledge of the area. So my advice was general. Hopefully some one would have gained something from it.

Ian

luggnut

Bigger

here's the windows with a bigger web ad

I concede. I have no intimate knowledge of the area.
think mayberry (the andy griffin show) i think i may use some of your ideas with my brochure...

Attachments

• sign depot windows2.jpg
    sign depot windows2.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 79

Lunatic Taskbar

here's the windows with a bigger web ad

think mayberry (the andy griffin show) i think i may use some of your ideas with my brochure...

about 15,000 Population?

Would it be worth while considering putting the web address along the top of the window? if as was mentioned cars are parked there. it may be slightly better exposure. I also agree with the readability. Try it upper and lower case. and try making it fill the space a little more.

Im still not loving the font you used for "Quality by Design". I would consider making something like a STAMP (ink and stamp type) and do it RED and have it at an angle. it may have a little more impact.

Ian

lunatic it is all valuable dialogue. as luggnut eluded to earlier that is what is great about these discussions...we can all share and develop concepts, strategies, etc versus developing them alone..there is great value in the process.

Jillbeans

"Design" need to be a bit closer to Quality.
And it should be the same script as in yer logo.
Looks a lot better tho.

Lunatic Taskbar

lunatic it is all valuable dialogue. as luggnut eluded to earlier that is what is great about these discussions...we can all share and develop concepts, strategies, etc versus developing them alone..there is great value in the process.

I totally agree Dan.

its also very nice to see grownups having a worthwhile discussion with out cussing at each other. :clapping:

:U Rock:

luggnut

"Design" need to be a bit closer to Quality.
And it should be the same script as in yer logo.
Looks a lot better tho.

oh... jill!!! i love that fancy script though!

I totally agree Dan.

its also very nice to see grownups having a worthwhile discussion with out cussing at each other

and i really appreciate all the constructive critiques... these are the times when this forum really shines to me.

QualitySigns

Just a thought: if you look at all of the designs that you presented, the only one in which your logo pops is your business card. I would consider rearranging things on your building sign and vehicle wrap to make your logo more prominent. Your logo is also your name, after all.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
This is some really good design, it's refreshing to see this quality of design.

Your city must have some very loose sign rules, here in California, I don't know any city where any of this would fly with some code enforcement hassle.

You can't look at your windows without looking at your huge massive entry sign... over here we are usually allowed 1 -2 square feet of sign to every linear foot. Your sign is big enough where your window graphics may not need a lot of branding. Most window graphics are made to give the building a sense of place and in your case a branding opportunity, I think you are doing that even with a huge tagline, where you miss the mark is your van wrap is like the window, your van wrap might need an equal read or you may need to emphasis your identity more.

I don't know if people will read the copy, to me it's overkill... it's not hurting anything but it looks more like a brochure than window graphics. I don't think you need your address on your window graphics. I agree with Gnmmas, I would cap parts of your website on the window graphics to make it read easier and probably make it easier to remember. I would also put a dot between "SIGNS • BANNERS" to separate them better on the window graphics.

What does it look like from across the street? I'm thinking the tagline and the sign is what will read best, it's possible your sign may be disproportionate to your store frontage.

Is the sign going to be a flat panel or dimensional?

luggnut

Just a thought: if you look at all of the designs that you presented, the only one in which your logo pops is your business card. I would consider rearranging things on your building sign and vehicle wrap to make your logo more prominent. Your logo is also your name, after all.

the bldg will have the large sign on top so it would be to much to have it large on the window right beside it. did you see the first post with the mock up of the storefront?

i agree about the van and will rework it.

Rick ...thanks for the compliment, you are a great designer so i am really flattered.

the sign will be a flat digital print i already have it from the previous location.

and i gonna redo the van wrap design... i agree i need to brand it better. and i meant to put the dot between the words"signs Banners"

i put the list really to fill the space..lol .