• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

new guy saying hi

daves designs

I'm the new guy from Ohio. I'm starting into this slow. I still have a paying job as a draftsman. I have purchased a 48" mutoh printer and a 52" cutter from sign warehouse....hope that wasn't a mistake. I'm trying to learn flexi....wow, it's a lot different from the AutoCAD that I'm used to.
I expect I'll be looking to you all for some help.
I actually do have a question. I've got a job that requires a 10% screen of a particular graphic. Can somebody help with this.
Hope to hear from you.

thanks.
dave

Kevin-shopVOX

I'm the new guy from Ohio. I'm starting into this slow. I still have a paying job as a draftsman. I have purchased a 48" mutoh printer and a 52" cutter from sign warehouse....hope that wasn't a mistake. I'm trying to learn flexi....wow, it's a lot different from the AutoCAD that I'm used to.
I expect I'll be looking to you all for some help.
I actually do have a question. I've got a job that requires a 10% screen of a particular graphic. Can somebody help with this.
Hope to hear from you.

thanks.
dave
Welcome from Maine.
In flexi to apply a tint/transparency I believe you should be using the lens effect either under arrange, effect or bitmap menu...somewhere it's there. Good luck.

daves designs

thanks for the info.
I've been reading the newbie forum.... yikes. makes me question what i've done. sounds like a lot these guys are bitter. i'm in this to have fun and start my second career. I've been in construction for nearly 30 years, answering to Architects who don't know what they don't know and answering to engineers who think they know it all and to fabricators who have a better way. doing the start-up thing seems like a dream compared to my past.
lets make each day the best we can, everything else will take care of itself.
thanks again, dave

CheapVehicleWrap

Welcome from Dirty Jersey!

"I have purchased a 48" mutoh printer and a 52" cutter from sign warehouse....hope that wasn't a mistake."

I see you've done your reading

Craig Sjoquist

Welcome to a outstanding forum and people.

Was taking drafting in school realized I wanted to be outside more, switched and knew advertising signage was it when in school for sign painting.

Glad to hear your going after your dream. keep your drafting job as long as ya can.