New HP Latex 700 and 800 series - with White ink

AGCharlotte

balstestrat... any thoughts on this one?

I have a few decals we print on a regular basis that are heavy coverage with small knockout white text. On my 310, the text was pretty crisp, but off the 700, I've got fill-in/fuzziness. Printing at 600, 6p. Stock is 3M 40C.

Attachments

• 20211124_100436.jpg
    20211124_100436.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 22

dypinc

the issue I've had so far has been on my 15oz banner vinyl & my static cling materials. The static cling, it can't read very well so it keeps ejecting it. Once it's loaded, both it and the banner vinyl seem to be buckling up while running.

Do the 700 /800 not come with platen covers to eliminate these materials sticking to the platen?

ikarasu

I've only had an issue with high tack vinyl, for some reason the pinch rollers grab onto the material. All I do is cut an inch away from the top leaving exposed liner and it picks it up fine.

We haven't run too many different materials on it yet, but this material has always worked fine in our 560.. not the end of the world though as it only takes an extra minute to load.

So far my only issue is getting ink! We have gone through a crazy amount, I think I'm on my 9th yellow in the last week.. and with the floods and being cut off from everywhere it's understandable. Sadly I'm completely out in my machine is going to be sitting here for a week while I wait for more!

balstestrat

Problem Solver
balstestrat... any thoughts on this one?

I have a few decals we print on a regular basis that are heavy coverage with small knockout white text. On my 310, the text was pretty crisp, but off the 700, I've got fill-in/fuzziness. Printing at 600, 6p. Stock is 3M 40C.
There's multiple ways to tackle that but the reason is you are doing heavy ink load fast.
You can change to 8pUNI which is slow but will probably make it look perfect.
Or you can increase OP a little, increase printzone heat, add small interpass delay, lower your max ink, change to 8p etc etc. Many ways.

Edit: Actually maybe that's not it. Now I feel like it's not feeding correctly. Anyway either one.
What is the print direction?

Just for the sake of it, I would take out the OMAS lens and clean it. You can remove the piece of glass from the holder and just make sure it has no haze on it. Put it back and don't touch it.

Last edited:

AGCharlotte

There's multiple ways to tackle that but the reason is you are doing heavy ink load fast.
You can change to 8pUNI which is slow but will probably make it look perfect.
Or you can increase OP a little, increase printzone heat, add small interpass delay, lower your max ink, change to 8p etc etc. Many ways.

Edit: Actually maybe that's not it. Now I feel like it's not feeding correctly. Anyway either one.
What is the print direction?

Just for the sake of it, I would take out the OMAS lens and clean it. You can remove the piece of glass from the holder and just make sure it has no haze on it. Put it back and don't touch it.
Similar to what the guy who did the install said... I just haven't had enough time to play around with new print modes yet to experiment (no difference between 6p and 8p though).

As a follow-up, alignment definitely needed tweaking. That got rid of the magenta haze. Still a bit fuzzy in the text so I'll play more after the holiday.

Last edited: