• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New HP Latex 700 and 800 series - with White ink

AGCharlotte

What's the actual problem? Where do you get stuck?
the issue I've had so far has been on my 15oz banner vinyl & my static cling materials. The static cling, it can't read very well so it keeps ejecting it. Once it's loaded, both it and the banner vinyl seem to be buckling up while running.

AGCharlotte

balstestrat... any thoughts on this one?

I have a few decals we print on a regular basis that are heavy coverage with small knockout white text. On my 310, the text was pretty crisp, but off the 700, I've got fill-in/fuzziness. Printing at 600, 6p. Stock is 3M 40C.

Attachments

• 20211124_100436.jpg
    20211124_100436.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 416

dypinc

the issue I've had so far has been on my 15oz banner vinyl & my static cling materials. The static cling, it can't read very well so it keeps ejecting it. Once it's loaded, both it and the banner vinyl seem to be buckling up while running.

Do the 700 /800 not come with platen covers to eliminate these materials sticking to the platen?

ikarasu

I've only had an issue with high tack vinyl, for some reason the pinch rollers grab onto the material. All I do is cut an inch away from the top leaving exposed liner and it picks it up fine.

We haven't run too many different materials on it yet, but this material has always worked fine in our 560.. not the end of the world though as it only takes an extra minute to load.

So far my only issue is getting ink! We have gone through a crazy amount, I think I'm on my 9th yellow in the last week.. and with the floods and being cut off from everywhere it's understandable. Sadly I'm completely out in my machine is going to be sitting here for a week while I wait for more!

balstestrat

Problem Solver
balstestrat... any thoughts on this one?

I have a few decals we print on a regular basis that are heavy coverage with small knockout white text. On my 310, the text was pretty crisp, but off the 700, I've got fill-in/fuzziness. Printing at 600, 6p. Stock is 3M 40C.
There's multiple ways to tackle that but the reason is you are doing heavy ink load fast.
You can change to 8pUNI which is slow but will probably make it look perfect.
Or you can increase OP a little, increase printzone heat, add small interpass delay, lower your max ink, change to 8p etc etc. Many ways.

Edit: Actually maybe that's not it. Now I feel like it's not feeding correctly. Anyway either one.
What is the print direction?

Just for the sake of it, I would take out the OMAS lens and clean it. You can remove the piece of glass from the holder and just make sure it has no haze on it. Put it back and don't touch it.

Last edited:

AGCharlotte

There's multiple ways to tackle that but the reason is you are doing heavy ink load fast.
You can change to 8pUNI which is slow but will probably make it look perfect.
Or you can increase OP a little, increase printzone heat, add small interpass delay, lower your max ink, change to 8p etc etc. Many ways.

Edit: Actually maybe that's not it. Now I feel like it's not feeding correctly. Anyway either one.
What is the print direction?

Just for the sake of it, I would take out the OMAS lens and clean it. You can remove the piece of glass from the holder and just make sure it has no haze on it. Put it back and don't touch it.
Similar to what the guy who did the install said... I just haven't had enough time to play around with new print modes yet to experiment (no difference between 6p and 8p though).

As a follow-up, alignment definitely needed tweaking. That got rid of the magenta haze. Still a bit fuzzy in the text so I'll play more after the holiday.

Last edited:

balstestrat

Problem Solver
A little tip for you guys who are already using the printer. Especially if you use a lot of white ink, you can possibly even double the life of your maintenance cartridge this way.
Because it stores the waste ink at the bottom, it doesn't always completely use the cleaning roll.

By removing the waste ink from the bottom (red) and resetting the flag (blue), you can use the full amount of the cleaning roll in case there is some left (green).
Just suck the waste ink out of the bottom and discard it. Put a piece of (preferably paper sticker) vinyl on top of the old if it's not white any longer. And check the remaining amount of cleaning roll from the window.

Now the printer will still know approx when the cleaning roll is ending because there is a flag there. Usually the usage is just limited by the waste ink (especially using white).

I do recommend doing this before hitting 0% as you risk ruining your new part of cleaning roll if the waste ink touches it.

View attachment 155412
Adding to this, also scrape off the ink from the two spit rollers. They tend to get stuck if there's a ton of ink on them.

Rameez

Start seeing these fussiness in the print and some white spray type spotting any idea what could have gone wrong. Do you think its a optimizer ?

Attachments

• print issue.jpeg
    print issue.jpeg
    160.5 KB · Views: 336

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Start seeing these fussiness in the print and some white spray type spotting any idea what could have gone wrong. Do you think its a optimizer ?
That has likely something to do with OP but I'm not completely sure if it's broken.

Are you sure the profile is dialed in perfectly? There is this two settings for extra optimizer at the edges and I recommend to have both set at 1.

Rameez

That has likely something to do with OP but I'm not completely sure if it's broken.

Are you sure the profile is dialed in perfectly? There is this two settings for extra optimizer at the edges and I recommend to have both set at 1.
IT was running all fine was doing roll after roll it just start happening from last 3 days

balstestrat

Problem Solver
IT was running all fine was doing roll after roll it just start happening from last 3 days
Hmm well it could be the black or OP. I would try to investigate a little more before replacing but at least print the nozzle health check plot and see if anything is clearly wrong.

Then there is more tools behind the service menu like drop detection which helps sometimes but you can't access it. You could ask your reseller to remote in and check it.

Rameez

Hmm well it could be the black or OP. I would try to investigate a little more before replacing but at least print the nozzle health check plot and see if anything is clearly wrong.

Then there is more tools behind the service menu like drop detection which helps sometimes but you can't access it. You could ask your reseller to remote in and check it.
I opened the case with hp to see if they can send someone in the meantime I did get the op head in stock. I did check the Nozzle check other colors looks fine to me. Also if you can take a look at these pictures as well ?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-01-10 at 3.43.17 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-01-10 at 3.43.17 PM.jpeg
    41.8 KB · Views: 317
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-01-10 at 3.43.02 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-01-10 at 3.43.02 PM.jpeg
    38.7 KB · Views: 263
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-01-10 at 3.42.53 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-01-10 at 3.42.53 PM.jpeg
    60.6 KB · Views: 252
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-01-10 at 3.42.42 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-01-10 at 3.42.42 PM.jpeg
    33.3 KB · Views: 258
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-01-10 at 3.42.31 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-01-10 at 3.42.31 PM.jpeg
    35.4 KB · Views: 320

nolanola

The printer was sitting for a couple months. Now it gets stuck in "preparing to print" mode and nothing happens. Gave the error that the curing unit is too hot. Nothing good happened after resetting.

700W

Last edited:

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Oh boy few months huh. Something is stuck and the printer is waiting for it to happen but times out it seems like.

You might need a tech to take a look at it.

I would start by taking the maintenance cartridge out and moving all the pieces on it by hand.

ozpall

can you guys provide updates on the 700/800 machines, how are they doing now days? any better? all or most issues resolved? considering a 700w to replace my 360 but reviews got me scared.
thanks for any info.

bigben

can you guys provide updates on the 700/800 machines, how are they doing now days? any better? all or most issues resolved? considering a 700w to replace my 360 but reviews got me scared.
thanks for any info.
I got a 700w for almost 2 years now and never had a problem other than it was my fault. Latest updates changed few details and HP is making a free parts upgrades. I've received the big box and waiting for the tech to install everything (not sure what are the upgrades). My last printer was a L260, so it's a big difference. We use a fairly amount of white ink and it's alot better than anything I've tried coming from UV ink. Printing in 5 layers take forever to print and use large amount of ink. But the results is very good. We only done is about 20 times.

ikarasu

I got a 700w for almost 2 years now and never had a problem other than it was my fault. Latest updates changed few details and HP is making a free parts upgrades. I've received the big box and waiting for the tech to install everything (not sure what are the upgrades). My last printer was a L260, so it's a big difference. We use a fairly amount of white ink and it's alot better than anything I've tried coming from UV ink. Printing in 5 layers take forever to print and use large amount of ink. But the results is very good. We only done is about 20 times.
We have a job that's about 60 ft in sandwich mode - so color white color, it took 23 hours to print... And 2 full things if white ink on our 700w

It looked great, but if we charged shop rate for those 23 hours the price either have been ridiculous for some 3" stickers. I was mostly amazed at how much white ink it took though