• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

new mowed grass....

WrapperX

Our sense of smell is the highest rated and most accurate nerual memory recalling sense. The slightest hint of something can bring a flood of memories so over whelming we can litterally lose ourselves in the thought process. On that note...

Who doesn't love the smell of grass, freshly melted/warmed chocolate, red meat on a grill, the smell right before a mega thunderstorm....and the list goes on.

Jillbeans

Marlene you have the same faves as me.
Add to the list:
burning leaves
bread baking
the smell kids have when they come inside after playing in the snow
sheets fresh off the clothesline
watermelon or cucumber (smells like fresh cut grass)
the way my mom smells
I am a person who strongly associates smells with memories.
The only thing I liked about Catholic school was the smell of mimeographs!
Love....Jill

Marlene

Our sense of smell is the highest rated and most accurate nerual memory recalling sense. The slightest hint of something can bring a flood of memories so over whelming we can litterally lose ourselves in the thought process. On that note...

Who doesn't love the smell of grass, freshly melted/warmed chocolate, red meat on a grill, the smell right before a mega thunderstorm....and the list goes on.

true I think that's why I craved a big glass of lemonade as it brought back memories of a summer day long ago.

we have groups set up big BBQ's in our town on the weekends and when they grill chicken our whole town smells so good. anything on a grill smells ten times better than it actually tastes.

rcook99

[QUOTESo, how do I ask this delicate question ?? Was your mother or dad Italian if only the bottom half took to it ??

I was always under the impression that it got spread about quite evenly, but this sounds like you might need surgery. ][/QUOTE]

Well Gino it was my Mother! What would you suggest I do. :ROFLMAO:

I buy your old lady a bottle of cheap perfume and now you gotta break out the ethnic card.....nice.

Maybe if you bought her a high end perfume I would be more appreciative.:Big Laugh Or you could have at least bought me a nice dinner.

klemgraphics

race fuel (gas), race fuel (methanol), cookies, cinnamon buns, and....

yeah...i'm a fat and i work on race cars..haha.
What I wouldn't do for the smell of methanol right now, man it's been a while since we gave up racing. Gonna have to get to the track soon.

Baz

Burning leaves on a nice fall day. :thumb: To me that smells like .... Home.

Oh and for the grass. I like the smell but get an allergic reaction to it. Sneezing constantly and eyes watering. Thats why i pay my neighbour every year to cut it.

Steve C.

Cilantro
Tomato plants
Mesquite smoked Brisket
Turpentine
News print
Black jellybeans
Brandy
New cars
Movie Popcorn
The beach
Grilled onions
Vanilla
Cedar
and cut grass.

rjpjr

ditto to ...
fresh cut grass
burning leaves on a nice fall day
fresh baked bread
new cars
movie popcorn
vanilla
cedar

in addition...

nitro methane at the US Nationals
hot rubber...again, US Nationals
all the aromas collectively at the Indy 500.
new tires in a tire store
fresh baked chocolate chip cookies
chili cooking
corn fields when they are tasseling
ponderosa pines in Colorado and Arizona
the state fair
soap in the shower
cold beer on a hot summer day
Thanksgiving dinners
the smell of rain

oh yea, the smell of a sign shop

Last edited:

Arlo Kalon 2.0

Years ago I was attending a regional campus of Indiana University in southern Indiana on the Ohio river. I drove a delivery truck part time for Culligan water conditioning in Louisville, Kentucky. Twice a month I was in the part of town where the liquor distilleries were (Gino would like to live there). The pungent odor of sour mash was something I looked forward to, especially in the hot summer. Those days usually found me imbibing the end product later that evening... funny how a smell can lead to craving.