• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ferguson

Hi all
have enjoyed reading at this site over the last few weeks lots of info and some funnys
I'm from Sunny Aberdeen in Scotland, come from a screenprinting base
got into digital printing about 5 years ago love it, have looked at some of the work on here (wow) I still have a lot to learn, look forward to picking some of the fine minds out there.
Cheers Bruce.

Shovelhead

Welcome Scotland....

what does haggis really taste like??

Attachments

• Haggis.jpg
    Haggis.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 83

Gino

Premium Subscriber
:Welcome:from Pennsylvania.......

:thread Shovel, that looks like baby aardvarks with their heads cut off with a rope. I'm trying not to swear on this site, but what the Hell was that ????

Shovelhead

It's Haggis.............

:Welcome:from Pennsylvania.......

:thread Shovel, that looks like baby aardvarks with their heads cut off with a rope. I'm trying not to swear on this site, but what the Hell was that ????

Haggis is a traditional Scottish dish. Although there are many recipes, it is normally made with the following ingredients: sheep's 'pluck' (heart, liver and lungs), minced with onion, oatmeal, suet, spices, and salt, mixed with stock, and traditionally boiled in the animal's stomach for approximately an hour. It somewhat resembles stuffed intestines (pig intestines otherwise known as chitterlings or the kokoretsi of traditional Greek cuisine.), sausages and savoury puddings of which it is among the largest types. As the 2001 English edition of the Larousse Gastronomique puts it, "[a]lthough its description is not immediately appealing, haggis has an excellent nutty texture and delicious savoury flavour."

Gino

Premium Subscriber
:thankyou: I'm either gonna go get drunk or throw up. First time it'll happen before I'm drinkin'.......

Actually, we have one called 'Pig's Stomach'... everything goes into that and when it's done it's very tasty. But it doesn't look like rhinoceros balls beforehand.

SoCalN8V

Welcome! My step-mother is from just outside of Glascow. She taught me how to make shortbread! (But I won't eat haggis!)