• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Night-time "human directionals": need help starting my empire :)

CheapVehicleWrap

Is the patent pending or granted? I know a developer for the finest patent search software available, who's also the second smartest person I've met next to Dean Kamen. He once told me that there are thousands of patents granted for products that are physically impossible to build both now and possibly ever. These sit dormant until some sucker ponies (I said it GG) up tons of loot thinking he's got the world by the horns only to find out that a prototype let alone a working version is out of the question.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Well, problem is when one is still in a state of ignorance as I am regarding this whole thing (let alone being a "newbie" here), one does not know what questions to ask or whom to ask. Honestly I never even thought of asking you personally. So starting over then, THANK YOU for your helpful tips! :) Can you maybe tell me what path would be more appropriate path to take here in terms of backers and venues?

Just a reminder, I'm not personally going to be seeking $$ to start my own company around this. I'm simply looking to be the patent holder and connect with some company via a licensee or some other route. Either way, I'm not fit to personally market this to a company to take on, let alone to the general business community to buy. ;)

Some suggestions:

Get some professional assistance even if it costs you a bit. I don't know these folks but, if they're legit, they seem like an essential for you at this time.

Technical, legal and practical assistance

Bone up on the industry you propose to sell to. The ads and the content will give you a ton of ideas and make your head explode.

SignCraft Magazine

National Business Media

Signs of the Times

Sign Builder Illustrated

Be in Vegas for the largest sign show in the world later this month.

SignExpo 2011

Yeahgor

Born to be The Designer.
Anyway, although that's far more elaborate and expensive (to mfgr/buy) than what I've got, what you suggested is a good idea...

O, how it's familiar for me.
I also had some "great ideas" to build the empire on one innovative product (I was trying to be the first supplier of non led soft neon, the technology flex-guys using very low light power by the way impossible to use efficiently outdoor)... That days I was scaring that it may be taken by some other... I was scared because find the competition almost similar ideas...
I don't want to add kerosene in your wildfire.
Just one piece of advice doesn't try to put everything on red. This advice may save your life. Good Luck bro! ;)

MikePro

bummer with EL tech, is the half life of the phosphor.... lotta work to make some cool stuff, just to have the effect go dim after a few months.