• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Night-time "human directionals": need help starting my empire :)

Hello everyone. I'm new here, and fairly new to the sign industry and business in general, although marketing I do seem to have a knack for.

I own a patent for slimline, lightweight, battery-powered, hand-held, adjustable (yes I know, so many adjectives! lol), lighting frames that utilize new HB (High-brightness) LED lighting technology. These frames can retrofit any pre-existing coroplast handheld signage (incl arrow-shaped) for 100% mobile outdoor human directional advertising AFTER SUNSET (peak-hour).

So my question, and the whole reason I'm here at S101, it this: I'd like to see if any of you industry professionals here might know of any licensees, corporate/private investors, etc who may possibly be interested in taking on my invention for R&D, manufacturing and distribution worldwide, and also if I can get any insider tips on where to go from here.

I don't want to sell all patent rights 100% up-front to any company, especially not a signspinning (or other) company that would likely want to prevent their competitors from obtaining rights to it, thereby holding back growth. I need to work with some kind of firm or other entity independant from all that who can have these things developed, manufactured, and marketed to signshops and brick-&-mortar businesses worldwide for sale/rental/lease/re-licensing/whatever.

Pretty soon I will have a couple initial prototypes made (one simple "budget" model, and another more complex "bells & whistles" model with daytime+night-time LED flashers). I've been researching the industry and getting financials together for investors. This market is wide open and in HUGE demand. And since I own the patent, I and my business partners/investors would essentially own our nice little chunk of the multi-billion dollar human directional advertising industry :)

Any ideas, suggestion, direction??

Last edited:

ProWraps

the multi-billion dollar human directional advertising industry :)

heh. no offense but if you are asking for advice on creating your multi billion $ industry on an internet forum, you got a LONG way to go.

good luck to you though. hopefully here in sac, they will outlaw those damn blight inducing sign spinner/bums that polute our sidewalks.

iSign

go on "Shark Tank" on the ABC network...

they just chewed up & spit out some really pompous losers last night.. it was very entertaining... oh, forgot to mention.. they also made some really savvy, cutting edge entrepreneur into a millionaire instantly... on TV!! ..one way or the other, it will help you cut to the chase & see if you & your bright ideas (pun intended) really are "all that"...

...and no matter what, it will be great entertainment on a National level... which is one of the thing us S101 folks really love anyway!!

iSign

third new episode last night... can also be seen on ABC.com

I never knew about it until Gypsy Graphics mentioned it once... I've watched all 3 & think I watch all last season now... I used to like "The Apprentice", but I don't like the celebrity version half as much... like Shark Tank much better, so far...

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Bells, sirens, flashers and whistles!... lol :clapping:

Don't those circus transient sign holders have to be off the road by dusk? :popcorn:

buttons

third new episode last night... can also be seen on ABC.com

I never knew about it until Gypsy Graphics mentioned it once... I've watched all 3 & think I watch all last season now... I used to like "The Apprentice", but I don't like the celebrity version half as much... like Shark Tank much better, so far...

There's a Canadian version called "Dragons Den" ... you should try and see if you can find it online. You might enjoy it.

iSign

There's a Canadian version called "Dragons Den" ... you should try and see if you can find it online. You might enjoy it.

awww... bummer, looks like a good show:

dd1.jpg

Custom_Grafx

Hello everyone. I'm new here, and fairly new to the sign industry and business in general, although marketing I do seem to have a knack for.

I own a patent for slimline, lightweight, battery-powered, hand-held, adjustable (yes I know, so many adjectives! lol), lighting frames that utilize new HB (High-brightness) LED lighting technology. These frames can retrofit any pre-existing coroplast handheld signage (incl arrow-shaped) for 100% mobile outdoor human directional advertising AFTER SUNSET (peak-hour).

So my question, and the whole reason I'm here at S101, it this: I'd like to see if any of you industry professionals here might know of any licensees, corporate/private investors, etc who may possibly be interested in taking on my invention for R&D, manufacturing and distribution worldwide, and also if I can get any insider tips on where to go from here.

I don't want to sell all patent rights 100% up-front to any company, especially not a signspinning (or other) company that would likely want to prevent their competitors from obtaining rights to it, thereby holding back growth. I need to work with some kind of firm or other entity independant from all that who can have these things developed, manufactured, and marketed to signshops and brick-&-mortar businesses worldwide for sale/rental/lease/re-licensing/whatever.

Pretty soon I will have a couple initial prototypes made (one simple "budget" model, and another more complex "bells & whistles" model with daytime+night-time LED flashers). I've been researching the industry and getting financials together for investors. This market is wide open and in HUGE demand. And since I own the patent, I and my business partners/investors would essentially own our nice little chunk of the multi-billion dollar human directional advertising industry :)

Firstly... I'm going to take this seriously.

Just one thing I need to confirm before proceeding I need to confirm something.

You own a patent for a battery powered LED strip that wraps around the perimeter of a corplast sign.

Is this correct?

iSign

hahahaha... somebody added a new tag to this thread (wasn't me)

here's an idea though (sorry nightD, I patented it already) ...why not illuminate the client NAME instead of the signs border?

GypsyGraphics

ooo, two of my favorite tv shows mentioned, shark tank and breaking bad.
(i'll be going on location in new mexico at the end of the month, during filming)

back on track...
a warm welcome to you Nightdirectionals

some seem to be familiar with your type of sign lighting... maybe you could post pics so those of us who aren't can see what you're talking about.

Last edited:
Firstly... I'm going to take this seriously.

Just one thing I need to confirm before proceeding I need to confirm something.

You own a patent for a battery powered LED strip that wraps around the perimeter of a corplast sign.

Is this correct?

Not really, it's a utility patent for the means to light these handheld signs in evening hours using LED strips (+ flashers in some models) and battery attached to a frame in which any sign can be interchanged in.