• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Not quite "feeling" it...

Circleville Signs

Working on a new client logo - This is the first step in what will eventualy be an entire interior/exterior signage/design project. Even have one of hose projects where the ideas in your head just are not translating to paper? This is one for me.

Here's what I've got at this point. Thoughts?

Attachments

• Concepts.jpg
    Concepts.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 122

Pat Whatley

I like the top right but it needs some tweaking. The doors and the chimney just look stuck on there, and probably are since you're just hashing out ideas. You'll also have to work on it so it translates as ice cream in a cup instead of weird poop.

Caitlin

:ROFLMAO:

I didn't see that as weird poop until Pat mentioned it, but I still think it looks more like ice cream.

I instantly liked the top right as well, it's more interesting. But I agree maybe there's something to tweak with the door and chimney... maybe bring in more of the blue? Not sure :help

HulkSmash

in my opinion you're making circleville too large. I think the Focal Point needs to be the frozen yogurt.

Jillbeans

The top right, put PREMIUM FROZEN TREATS all in one line under Chillville.
It doesn't have to be so literal, try it with just that text and no poo cottage.
Not in love with the color scheme at all.
Love....Jill

qmr55

The script over the graphic just isn't working. Looks like two different elements just slapped together at the end. Need to make the "Chillville" fit over the graphic while being visually appealing.

Marlene

The script over the graphic just isn't working. Looks like two different elements just slapped together at the end. Need to make the "Chillville" fit over the graphic while being visually appealing.

+1

thinking moving the name off the graphic as it just doesn't work. it's too much.

Circleville Signs

OK...Here's a new idea - totally different direction. I really like the yogurt cup/house idea, and I'd like to try to work it into this, maybe coming up out of the circle at the bottom - dunno.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• Concept_a.jpg
    Concept_a.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 115

vid

OK...Here's a new idea - totally different direction. I really like the yogurt cup/house idea, and I'd like to try to work it into this, maybe coming up out of the circle at the bottom - dunno.

Thoughts?

not feelin' it. It doesn't look scrumptious and velvety.

I really liked the creamy goodness of the script font in the upper right of your original --- except it didn't read well enough to comprehend it as chill-ville. Breaking the "V" from the preceding "L" makes the eye stop to interpret the word better. Similarly, having the word on a slant, also distracts from immediate recognition.

I'd keep it fairly simple. Let the bouncy script lay straight on it's base line and contrast that with hard shapes and legible sub-copy... (see attached)

I threw the icy blue shapes in the background to chill things down and offer the idea of a cityscape to the mark.
If you need the ubiquitous dollop, one could probably fit that in behind the "PREMIUM" banner.​

You could also use variations of the "cityscape" background for a design theme throughout the facility --- menu boards, directional signs, floor tile / glass tile backsplash, texture shapes for the wall, etc.

Then too, crafting the logo more as a product label, may help to portray the item as premium food item... pushing the yogurt as a bulk carry-out / take home item, as well.

annnnyway, that's my .o2

Attachments

• Chillville.jpg
    Chillville.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 94

Jillbeans

Vid's is really nice. I was thinking about the Letterville logo (which I've always loved) you could do silhouettes of various treats as buildings.

Billct2

Really like Vid's but maybe use a cone for top & bottom effect. ( a better vector vesrion of course)

Attachments

• 1a.jpg
    1a.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 91