• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Not really signs

SignManiac

I often get request to make something that isn't really a sign, and I enjoy those challenges as it helps break up the day to day routine. Here are two projects I took on. One is for a local hospital that asked if I could design and build a wall display case for their hospital happenings. I built it with a dark stained cherry wood, crown molding and locking brushed aluminum cases. Now they want me to make two more for their other locations.

The second project was a room divider wall for a restaurant. I call this the confessional wall. I created the lattice work design and CNC router cut it from 3/16" acrylic, then framed it in with 1/4 round molding. It's really more of a focal feature for the restaurant. Before it was just a open dead space leading to the bathrooms.

I posted the third piece a while back that I made for an artist. Strange and quite a challenge but the artist was thrilled with the outcome. Oh the fun we have in this crazy business.

Attachments

• Bayfront Display Case.jpg
    Bayfront Display Case.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 103
  • Abbott Confession wall.jpg
    Abbott Confession wall.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 110
  • Wheel of fortune-01.jpg
    Wheel of fortune-01.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 86

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Nice work,
that last one sort of looks like the remains of someone's lunch...

wayne k
guam usa

Last edited:

Craig Sjoquist

The display case really look elegant & hope it is as well built as it looks good going.

The lattice work has a good design & the other thing looks interesting what ever it is & does.

Pete Moss

The room divider rocks! The art project is creepy and looks like something a serial killer may display in their living room. Is the artist a serial killer? Be careful with that guy.