• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oh, the customers that try and save money.

TheSnowman

Ok, so this place opened about two years ago, and we remade all the signage and changed it from the restaurant that was there before this company bought it. I was contacted from them about two months ago and they said that they would drop off an updated menu, because "everyone else was raising prices, so why shouldn't they". Well, they've done this before, but last time did like, whiteout and a sharpie, looks like they felt this was a better direction to go. Keep in mind, this is the third sign they've done it to. Once every single item gets changed $.05 they order a new one...generally.

It's for sale now, so who knows....I just had to snap a pic w/ my cell cause it never ceases to amaze me.

Attachments

• 0_0.jpg
    0_0.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 75

Gino

Premium Subscriber
So what's wrong with that ??

I always tell they customer that comes in and says.... it's only a little change.... it shouldn't cost much.... and besides, you just push a button an out it comes right out... Here's a magic marker. Go change it yourself, Michael Angelo.

greglauter

Maybe you could do the prices in vinyl so when the prices change it's a lot cheaper for the customer? Maybe $10 per price change in the future? I know you make more money by reprinting the entire thing but as far as I am concerned it's better to do the right thing. When I offer "money saving" advice that makes sense, my customers always return to my shop.

tintguy31794

Maybe you could do the prices in vinyl so when the prices change it's a lot cheaper for the customer? Maybe $10 per price change in the future? I know you make more money by reprinting the entire thing but as far as I am concerned it's better to do the right thing. When I offer "money saving" advice that makes sense, my customers always return to my shop.

:wavingflag::clapping:

Menu's with pricing in vinyl will raise the initial cost, but if they plan for the future they will realize that it will save them dollars (not all people can do this)

Jillbeans

Can't count the times I have had someone bring me a real estate sign stolen from a corner, which they've repainted and want me to letter.
Worse is when they bring a repainted coro (right over the lettering) sign and want it lettered.
Next!
Love....Jill

BrianKE

It's for sale now, so who knows....I just had to snap a pic w/ my cell cause it never ceases to amaze me.

If the restaurant is for sale again it seems they didn't have money to make the change.

And I agree with greglauter, do the right thing by your customer and it will be repaid ten fold (not to say you did anything wrong). I have referred my customers to other sources, including eBay, when they are looking for something that I don't typically do or cannot get close to in cost. I have very loyal customers now and many will even tell me to go ahead and do it as they know my quality, even at a higher cost.

TheSnowman

I've already done two patch jobs just to scratch their back...I'm not doing anymore. On the previous menu's, I just removed the existing, and cut new ones that matched to put on there. I was just "doing a favor" which I should have known better...and then they just went at it with a sharpie anyway...so, it's their own choice to be tacky. They know it can be done without replacing the whole thing...but when you take a marker to the whole thing, you aren't left with a lot of options.

CentralSigns

repainted and want me to letter.
Worse is when they bring a repainted coro (right over the lettering) sign and want it lettered.

That makes me laugh Jill that's how my competition operates. Don't know where he steals the signs from, but they usually LLS after a couple weeks. I guess thats his super cheap price.

slappy

looks like they are saving money on food also if that's .95 for a hamburger and $1.05 for a cheeseburger......:noway:

heyskull

I supply menus for a lot of Pizza shops round here.
Once a year a few weeks just before Christmas one of them will up there prices and just like sheep everyone else follows.
I had one of the owners of one of these shops in just before Christmas complaining about how much it was costing him to alter his menu.
Now my ex business partner owns 5 of the local shops and it was lucky he was in when this other guy was in the shop.
Quickly he turned to this guy and said "I know your shop and can guess roughly what business you turn over a night and the cost of re-printing your menu will be paid for in 1 hours on a Friday night."
He paid the money and stopped moaning.

SC