• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

oh wow we just had earth tremors here in Toronto

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
That was just the USA coming out on top of group C at the World Cup.....

Go USA!

wayne k
guam usa

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well then, I think I felt it too. Originally, I thought it was indigestion.............

Marlene

my question is why is it when something like this happens, the news beelines it to Bubba or Clem and asks them what they felt? on the news last night we got a good laugh at the "hounds started barking" kind of reports. the only thing missing was a report of all the NASCAR collectable plates falling off the wall and killing the pet squirrel.

signmeup

Yep....that's what they did here too Marlene. Quick....ask some randon guy with three teeth what he felt!

gabagoo

That's what I thought too! I wonder if there could be a link between this quake and all the drilling for natural gas that's going on around here!

I read in the paper today that they believe the cause of the quakes we get once every few years is a result of the downward pressure that the glaciers put on the earths mantle back 10,000 odd years ago...or is that million? In any case it is the actual mantle slowly moving back up to it's original position over 1000's of years.
The same effect also caused the shift in the way the Great Lakes drain towards the east. They at one time drained down the Mississippi and I also believe that all theGreat lakes were not always connected as they are now.
I watch to much National Geographic TV I thinks!!

sjm

From the G20 being in town, to a bomb scare, or an earth tremor or a tornado touching down ... just imagine how frightening F16's flying over you head all day could be?

We in North America have it easy.

Marlene

From the G20 being in town, to a bomb scare, or an earth tremor or a tornado touching down ... just imagine how frightening F16's flying over you head all day could be?

We in North America have it easy.

huh?