• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

omega 2.6 Layout found on ebay

Tim Aucoin

Interesting comment on his ad:
If you're new to Composer and like the vector creating capabilities of Illustrator, you'll LOVE the ease of this program.
Do I hear him right? Is he saying that Composer is easier to create vector images than Illustrator? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Interesting comment on his ad:

Do I hear him right? Is he saying that Composer is easier to create vector images than Illustrator? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

dog42.gif

GB2

Old Member
Fred....you....you of all people are agreeing and mocking Omega with laughter?! Actually I think it simply depends on what you are experienced with and have practiced as to which one is "easier". I started with Omega so I happen to think that it has great capabilities and many things are "easier". Now I work mainly with Illustrator and as I've become experienced, it has become second nature but there are still some functions that I defer to Omega since it is more adapt at certain things.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Fred....you....you of all people are agreeing and mocking Omega with laughter?! Actually I think it simply depends on what you are experienced with and have practiced as to which one is "easier". I started with Omega so I happen to think that it has great capabilities and many things are "easier". Now I work mainly with Illustrator and as I've become experienced, it has become second nature but there are still some functions that I defer to Omega since it is more adapt at certain things.

pops_blinking.gif
I use Omega every day but, when I need to create, edit or apply modifications to vectors, nothing touches FlexiSign.

iSign

Mike Jackson is a huge Omega fan who's accomplishments in that program quickly shut me up from any further questioning of it's capabilities..

I think he proved to me that there are always enough people who have explored the potential of any one program so far beyond my abilities in ANY program, that I will never have enough confidence in my assessment to rank one program over another

Greggie

Is the composer the cp or cs version?
Would like to buy the full version to use it beside flextsign pro.
Thanks,

Greg

natedawg9640

looks to me like it doesn't have output capabilities. Layout only.

I don't use flexisign, but if you can output from flexi, i'm sure you could create in that layout station and output through flexi?

I've been watching for a full version to show up online... haven't seen one yet and it's quite spendy.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Mike Jackson is a huge Omega fan who's accomplishments in that program quickly shut me up from any further questioning of it's capabilities..

I think he proved to me that there are always enough people who have explored the potential of any one program so far beyond my abilities in ANY program, that I will never have enough confidence in my assessment to rank one program over another

I stand by what I stated but clearly as a matter of my own experience, ability and preferences. That includes owning at least one license to Graphix Advantage/Omega since GA Version 1.0 as well as having been a CasMate dealer, an Illustrator licensee since version 3, CorelDRAw since version 3 and FlexiSign since version 5.

I have no doubt that I can be outgunned in what can be created by many advanced graphic artists in any of the applications mentioned. All of the applications mentioned provide ample ways to create top notch work.

iSign

I stand by what I stated but clearly as a matter of my own experience, ability and preferences. That includes owning at least one license to Graphix Advantage/Omega since GA Version 1.0 as well as having been a CasMate dealer, an Illustrator licensee since version 3, CorelDRAw since version 3 and FlexiSign since version 5.

I have no doubt that I can be outgunned in what can be created by many advanced graphic artists in any of the applications mentioned. All of the applications mentioned provide ample ways to create top notch work.

yep, I understood it as a strong opinion, based on significant first hand experience... but not to speak for anyone else.. although "nothing touches Flexi" sounds a bit challenging :wink:

That second paragraph is what i meant too... just like how i quit critiquing mediocre rock bands in my youth, when comparing to the greats... because unless i was personally better then they were, I decided i didn't know enough to judge.. well, ok maybe that's not thebest comparison, but you get the picture... I'm sure someone could outdesign me in microsoft word :omg:

The Equipment Guy

Gerber recently did a sales initiative where they threw in a layout program with the purchase of a full copy. It does not output. Generally freebie programs from Gerber are not upgradeable. It is useful for somebody who has a full version to design at home or for sales presentations.

Craig

Marlene

Marlene being a recent grandma didn't you mean "I love 4.0, so there.... 2.6 old, and I am sooo old I can't remember it"

ha ha ha:Big Laugh

2.6 is kind of old but hey, I still run Photoshop 5 as it does all I need to do so I'm sure 2.6 still works for others. I don't remember, really, if it was a good at work with vectors as 4.0 is. there were a lot of new functions in 3.0. 4.0 is more about the output.

natedawg9640

we still run 2.6 here at work and actually, the gerber tech told us when we inquired about upgrading that he personally didn't think WE would need it (for what we do in our market if 2.6 is working for us)

Mike Jackson

Just for the record, I am still a big fan of Omega. I've been using 3.0 for a while and have 4.0 on order. 3.0 has been very stable on my system. I like Illustrator for my rough digitizing, but hate it for the flipping, aligning, and welding. For bitmaps and photos, I like Photoshop. Kudos to everyone happy with what they have!

Mike Jackson