• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Optical Illusion or Am I Going Crazy?

What do you see?

• Paint peeling up

Votes: 25 21.7%
  • Puffy paint with holes going down

Votes: 62 53.9%
  • Both

Votes: 28 24.3%

• Total voters

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Please look at the attached example picture for 30 to 60 seconds.

The visual effect is supposed to be that of dried out paint which is cracked and peeling up from the surface. I look at it one time and it is as it should be. I look at it ten seconds later and I see a reverse effect ... the paint is thick and puffy and the cracks and holes now flow down to the background surface.

The Mrs. sees it both ways also, but we both have corrected vision.

Please answer in the poll as to whether you just see peeling paint, puffed up paint with holes or both.

Thanks.

Attachments

• peeling_paint.jpg
    peeling_paint.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 579

Replicator

Here's Paint Peeling . . . Machine Wash Filters by : MisterRetro . . . !

Attachments

• peeling_paint.png
    peeling_paint.png
    149.2 KB · Views: 285
S

SignTech

cracked in thumb nail ... puffed large view ... puff prevails overall ...

WulfGrafix

At first look the paint is peeling.

If I look at it for more than a few seconds it looks puffy with holes.

Now I have a headache.

Ouch.

:Coffee:

Dan

SignosaurusRex

What you see depends on which point of the image you focus your eye on first. Focus only on the center of an uncracked section of paint then expand your focus to see the entire image....you see it as it really is. Focus on a crack itself then expand your focus to see the entire image and you will see a puffy image. The full image would be interesting.

Ken

Man, how do you come up with this stuff? I know I'd seen this image from some " connection" to a thread...I'm losing it..lol
Ken