• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Our Shop Truck

Super wrap, how long did it take? One or two wrappers? I would like to start offering my customers, USA style wraps.... they have to be trained to think outside the box! I would like to see more of your wraps.

sar bossier

Super wrap, how long did it take? One or two wrappers? I would like to start offering my customers, USA style wraps.... they have to be trained to think outside the box! I would like to see more of your wraps.

Thank you! I post SOME of our wraps on my FB page - sign a rama - bossier city. I and my husband wrapped it ourselves, and TOTAL time was 1 full day, but since it is our shop truck, it was an hour here, 30 minutes there, for 3 weeks. Got busy, and clients came first.

SignManiac

Not too shabby! But yeah, it's unfortunate you're locked into the SAR logo and the red is fighting that really nice blue...

sar bossier

Not too shabby! But yeah, it's unfortunate you're locked into the SAR logo and the red is fighting that really nice blue...

Bob - Thank you! We really waivered over the logo - to go big or small, we thought the same - it covers some of the best design elements, but had to have the name on there ... gotta be recognized!

MatthewTimothy

looks good man

BUT

:design:

No one will be able to read it. If they dont know off the top of their head or are parallel with you than no one will see it. The blue is nice and its nice work, but the design is flawed, sorry man.

Case in point:

attachment.php

SignManiac

Just for future consideration, you could have set the SAR logo against white and that would have helped a lot! Sometimes you have to work around issues like that !

I just went through the same thing in designing a partial wrap for my truck. Going back into a retail setting and if I'm gonna push wraps, I have to show our work. So on my truck it will go. I will admit that designing for yourself is hard...

sar bossier

When the truck gets back from a job, I will take a picture in the sun, rather than the shade - the SAR logo, website, and the phone # are reflective, so it really pops in sun, or with headlights.

Thank you ALL for the comments! It means a lot coming from this group!!

sar bossier

Y'all can keep the comments coming! The good, the bad, the ugly!! All are welcome. Thank you to all of you that have left comments so far.

CS-SignSupply-TT

The great PARRISH of Louisiana

I was gonna deck it out in fleur de lis, but that is SO passe here :wink:

I actually used fleur de lis on our first truck - partial wrap - HATED it.

There's not a cajun (sp?) in Louisiana who would want you to leave out those tiger stripes and fleur de lis :cool1:

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
Whatcha policing? Comment? :thankyou:
Sorry, I guess just the smallish size of the text graphics with a lack of contrast for the most part. Legibility is KEY, regardless of "shade" conditions.
I know your hands are tied to a degree with the logo, but everything being in straight lines is kinda boring. It's not a "bad" design, just not "good".
I guess I'll be the one jerk that doesn't care for it. You know when you put it on here...that could happen. Nothing personal.

sar bossier

Sorry, I guess just the smallish size of the text graphics with a lack of contrast for the most part. Legibility is KEY, regardless of "shade" conditions.
I know your hands are tied to a degree with the logo, but everything being in straight lines is kinda boring. It's not a "bad" design, just not "good".
I guess I'll be the one jerk that doesn't care for it. You know when you put it on here...that could happen. Nothing personal.

Howdy, Kentucky! Thank you for the honest opinion. I really appreciate the clarification!! I am hoping when the truck gets back tomorrow to take a better picture, and re-post - the camera was facing the sun, and the truck was in the shade. Please re-comment tomorrow when I post a better pic? :thankyou:

Jillbeans

I agree that it's reallllly hard to read (especially on the sides)
Notice how much more contrast the white phone number has on the back.
I have no idea why Sign*A*Rama uses that color scheme.
I would try to avoid the red on blue as much as possible.
Love....Jill

FS-Keith

horrible color contrast and why would you want a short bed for a work truck. other then those two things i like the blue background