• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Painted Cedar Posts Alternatives?

Sven

I usually use painted cedar posts and caps for signs. I’m looking for an alternative, preferably an online vendor of either aluminum posts or some kind of prefabricated pvc or wood post that can be painted.

I’m finding patching, painting and priming 4”x4” cedar posts to be expensive and time consuming, and I’ve noticed other companies using aluminum posts or some prefabricated wooden posts with decorative grooves already routed in them.

Billct2

There are PVC posts covers(plain and fancy), pre fab aluminum posts for porch posts and signs, also lots of fancy lamp posts that can be used.

phototec

POST COATS is a durable, easy to apply, inexpensive alternative to painting sign posts. In less than 10 minutes you can have a ready-to-install PVC coated sign post[FONT=arial, helvetica, freesans, sans-serif] in black or white.[/FONT]

http://www.postcoats.com/

:thumb:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We generally buy quite a few at a time. Maybe 24 or 30 at a pop. Then it's cost effective. Paint them all up at the same time and rout out maybe 1/2 dozen. We always stay ahead. That way if someone wants a customer color, we just need to give it a final coat. We use 10'ers. The caps or finials take no time at all to muster up. If you need top quality posts without yuxes in them, get the top grade and pay a little more for them.

2B

Bump

Have a current project in the bid process that is wanting an "elegant dual pole with caps and prefer no wood"

have tried
outwater
grimco
N glantz
and do not see anything that would fit the project.

Is there an vendor/supplier that has a website to view the options so they can pick what they want?

Z SIGNS

Find your local aluminum supplier and make it yourself.You can buy square tube whatever size you want,2",3" etc.It will come in 24' lengths.Cut it down to whatever length you need prime it with stix, paint it and slap on a pvc post top.Makes a nice post.We don't use wood posts any more except for cheap temporary work.The alum cost a little more up front but it is actually cheaper when you figure the labor cost of trying to make a wood post look nice it's also lighter,easier to handle and no saw dust or splinters.We are on the east coast and use eastern metal supply.They also have a nice line of cabinet extrusions.

HillHouseGraphics

I use a local fence company, who has 4x4 pvc posts and caps and they will slide over top of a pressure treated 4x4. They look pretty good and are sturdy. Any fence company will have them.

Attachments

• seafaresign.jpg
    seafaresign.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 140

visual800

we use round PVC posts, belive it or nort. paint with 2 part epoxy and then spray with latex. they hold up great and look awesome are are very resonable and wont bend like treated wood

Billct2

elegant dual pole with caps and prefer no wood
Try looking for lamp posts instead of sign posts. I used a couple of these for a high end sign, they looked great. Forget where I got them , but there are a few place that carry them. Not cheap though.

Attachments

• 1a.jpg
    1a.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 138

2B

we use round PVC posts, belive it or nort. paint with 2 part epoxy and then spray with latex. they hold up great and look awesome are are very resonable and wont bend like treated wood

Try looking for lamp posts instead of sign posts. I used a couple of these for a high end sign, they looked great. Forget where I got them , but there are a few place that carry them. Not cheap though.

Thanks! sounds like these options would fit the project.

Tom Dalton

We've got these, but they were mentioned earlier.

You can find cast aluminum post like these, but the cost is very high.

You might search the web for "post and panel sign system". if you don't need lots of ornamentation, but you do want a more finished look. You'll find solutions by Howard Industries and VersaTech.

-Tom