• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Panel Saw?

Ragin Cajun

What panel saw do you guys suggest?

I want something good....not necessary the cadillac.....maybe the Honda Accord....LOL

I don't want something cheaply made out of wack.

Thanks for your help!

Ted

Last edited:

tsgstl

I was just going to pass up this thread but then I saw the 18 ?'s
now that I'm here I remembered I have a no spam policy

Ragin Cajun

whats with all the question marks??????????????????????????????????????

Ok..I changed it...I was hoping to get more help.

Looks like some of you guys don't like to help the new people.

I bet you started off the same way.

Thanks for who ever steps up to give good advice.

Ragin Cajun

Thank You guys...I will look into a sawtrax.

I can see where a panel saw would make your job much easier.

Thank you!

Letterbox Mike

I have a Safety Speed Cut It works fine. I have been thinking about getting a Festool track saw.
http://www.festoolusa.com/power-tools/track-saws/

We had a Safety Speed Cut. Sold it when I bought the Festool track saw. Best tool I've ever purchased. The only thing we still saw cut in our shop is plywood that we flatbed print and the Festool is much easier to get a dead accurate cut with, and it cuts the 3/4" furniture grade plywood like butter and so smoothly it requires no additional sanding or finishing. If you get their optional dust collector you will literally have zero cleanup, it works exceptionally well.

That said, if your just cutting up random substrates and ultra-precise cuts aren't critical, a panel saw may be a better option.

Techman

saw trax is good for breaking up sheets. IT is not a precision machine. It wil not work for cabinet making or fine wood working..

A festool will make you more happy.

Ragin Cajun

saw trax is good for breaking up sheets. IT is not a precision machine. It wil not work for cabinet making or fine wood working..

A festool will make you more happy.

Do you place the edge of the rail where you want the cut?

Does it cut up against the rail?

Haakon

I've always wanted a panel saw (seems like a good idea for cutting large substrates precisely, especially since having bad experiences with a tiny table saw at my previous workplace), but after looking at some youtube clips of the Festool track saw I'm sold now.. Looks like an awesome piece of machinery!

FatCat

Yeah, the track saws are incredible tools given their price and portability. I picked up a DeWalt track saw (pretty much same as Festool) for less money and it works with Festool tracks so I'm told. I have both the long and short track and honestly there is nothing better IMHO for making precise cuts in most substrates we use.

Gene@mpls

Safety Speed all the way. Fast, safe and trouble free. I think we paid about 3k for a 72"
saw and anyone can cut with it...