• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pizza shop makeover

Z SIGNS

Just finished this.

Routed sign foam letters glued to acm.

We skinned over the old sign face.
routing letters.jpg pounce patterns.jpg covellos in shop.jpg covellos before.jpg COVELLOS.jpg

iSign

nice work Z!

you nested those letters pretty well, resulting in very little waste...
was that done by you or by software?

Also, they are so tight it seems the toolpath overlaps at times, not interfering with the adjacent letter, but minimizing the amount of surface area available to keep your substrate in place. Do you have vacuum hold down, and if so, is that the only thing holding your HDU, or do you also use tape or screws?

On larger letters, especially if they will be overhead, I often rout upside down to have the router drill for stud mounting too. Did you trust an adhesive for all those letters?

SignManiac

Night and day difference with some dimension and color change. And nice nesting on the material. I do most of mine manually which results in tighter spacing and less waste.

studebaker

Deluded Artist
I see you're a fellow ShopBot owner. I particularly enjoy your custom diamond plated aluminum undercarriage... I just use my under table space for stupid ol' storage.

Z SIGNS

nice work Z!

you nested those letters pretty well, resulting in very little waste...
was that done by you or by software?

Also, they are so tight it seems the toolpath overlaps at times, not interfering with the adjacent letter, but minimizing the amount of surface area available to keep your substrate in place. Do you have vacuum hold down, and if so, is that the only thing holding your HDU, or do you also use tape or screws?

On larger letters, especially if they will be overhead, I often rout upside down to have the router drill for stud mounting too. Did you trust an adhesive for all those letters?
Yeah iSign nested in aspire.I do many different hold down methods. If I have to do studs I rout upside down and also rout a drill pattern but I prefer when doing foam to do it face up.It saves a few steps because we don't have to coat the board out put a mask on it and glue it down to a piece of coro.Just let the vacuum hold it down and leave a 64th on the bottom.Also you can rout a profile on the face of the letter.

Got my fingers crossed about the silicone.I've done some signtific tests when using cheap 10lb very porous foam the letters break off in chunks leaving some of the foam on the sign.

Night and day difference with some dimension and color change. And nice nesting on the material. I do most of mine manually which results in tighter spacing and less waste.
Thanks Maniac Nesting rules.

The more important question is, are their wings any good?
Didn't try them.But there were no cockroaches in the back room
I see you're a fellow ShopBot owner. I particularly enjoy your custom diamond plated aluminum undercarriage... I just use my under table space for stupid ol' storage.
Yeah I went through a diamond plate phase a few years back.It's all over the shop door jambs,doors,walls etc.
It's taken 25 years to build my dream shop and I'm still not done.I spend more time here than at home so having a "cool" workplace that makes me feel good and impresses customers is important to me.

is that a dead animal on the wall? nice sign!
Yup it's a cowhide.I don't usually collect junk but somebody was pitchin it out and I thought it was cool.
The poor shop dog was terrified of it for a month

rjssigns

Love how he incorporated the "Z" from his logo.

and you thought no one would notice...

Nice job BTW :thumb: