• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing 48" on VJ-48 With Flexi

Does anyone know how to print the full 48" width using the Flexi. The software will only allow the 47.24 media width max. I have seen Onyx allow 48".

ChicagoGraphics

I think the only way your going to be able to print the full 48" is if you had a wider printer and you set your margins wider.

PMG

I have 8.5 and it has both 48 and 47.24....go figure...my 8.1 only had 47.24

randya

You could install a 1604/1614 driver instead of the 1204 driver, they are the same except for width.

randya

Can this really be done?

Yes, we do it all the time. The 1204,1304,1604 and 1614 all use the same PM commands (Print Manager commands) and the same profiles, the only difference is width.

To print a full 48 on a 1204, you will need media that is at least 48" and about 3/4, it will still need a about a 1/4" border on each side (it will not print edge to edge).

Compilla

I run 50" media but flexi will only allow media to 47.24
DSD,

You're right,

There was an error on the VJ-1204 driver on Flexi 8.5 v1 and 8.5 SP2.

The fix it is to upgrade to 8.5v2, then Flexi will allow you to print the full 48.00"

Last edited:

PartyMatt

DSD,

You're right,

There was an error on the VJ-1204 driver on Flexi 8.5 v1 and 8.5 SP2.

The fix it is to upgrade to 8.5v2, then Flexi will allow you to print the full 48.00"

Hmmm. Maybe that's the problem. I'm using 8.5 v1 and Flexi never lets me print wider than 47.24" even when I use a uni profile and flush into the box.

So where do you get v2? When I hit About/Check for Updates in Flexi it says that there are none available. Is 8.5v2 a beta release?

MacDaddy

Flexi 8.5V2

Get it from whoever you purchased the software from, they will send it to you free..............

Compilla

Hmmm. Maybe that's the problem. I'm using 8.5 v1 and Flexi never lets me print wider than 47.24" even when I use a uni profile and flush into the box.

So where do you get v2? When I hit About/Check for Updates in Flexi it says that there are none available. Is 8.5v2 a beta release?

That's the problem!!

PartyMatt

MacDaddy speaks the truth. If you purchased Flexi PRO 8.5 v1 from SignWarehouse, send an email to support@signwarehouse.com. We'll send FSP8.5v2 to you at no cost.

Best,

Jim

Actually I spoke to Jim the other day about getting 8.5v2 when we were discussing my Prismjet firmware issue. Signwarehouse overnighted me a copy. If they take care of the firmware issue just as quickly I will be a very satisfied customer.