• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Project: 700hp Matte Black SC300

LindyM

So I decided to go for a different look on my show car.
I am going to wrap it in matte black, including the wheels.
this thread will be a work log for the process.
I ordered Avery A9 EZ in black with matte laminate to see how that goes.
My other alternative will be to print my own black.
here is the car as is sits now.
IMG_4539copy.jpg

0120.jpg

0117.jpg

Gforce1

That is a beautiful car! Always loved the GT-C's!! What kit is that? Looks sort of like an Origin or similar? How about some motor specs?

LindyM

The avery black is definitely the way to go
Thanks for your input

That is a beautiful car! Always loved the GT-C's!! What kit is that? Looks sort of like an Origin or similar? How about some motor specs?
Kit is JIC Magic
Specs on the whole car:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3006934

The car was featured in this years April issue of Modified.
I have a shoot coming up for Performance Auto and Sound magazine and wanted a different look.

LindyM

I rather have 2 layers of vinyl to protect against chips and nicks than a 2 mil layer of just black.

LindyM

Well the vinyl came in today.
After laminating the black I was close to pulling back on this since the vinyl looks horrible. But after a couple of hours the silvering went away.
here are some pictures of about 1.5hrs of work.
DSC04559.jpg

DSC04560.jpg

DSC04561.jpg

DSC04562.jpg

DSC04563.jpg

DSC04564.jpg

msenjur

is this ordinary vinyl??? how come, u didnt get any air-bubbles?? How did you stick it around corners?

What lamination did you use?

LindyM

is this ordinary vinyl??? how come, u didnt get any air-bubbles?? How did you stick it around corners?

What lamination did you use?
Avery A9 EZ & Matte Lamex

Nice! Slick ride and now it looks even slicker w/ matte black.
Keep posting pics, can't wait to see it when it's done!

Msenjur, original post says what it is: Avery A9 EZ.
Thank you !

looks awesome
Thank you !

Man those 2JZs are crummy engines :wink:
Not sure about Crummy but they are overrated, which is why I don't have one. I have a 1JZ.

DSC04568.jpg

DSC04577.jpg

DSC04572.jpg

DSC04585.jpg

SignManiac

Do you have a close up on the rear window pillar where you overlapped the roof seam to the side seam behind the door? Wonderig how conspicuous it is on the finished job.

LindyM

now...Tint your windows, and it will be complete.
I have 20% precut and ready to install. I wanted to wait till the magazine feature was done.

Do you have a close up on the rear window pillar where you overlapped the roof seam to the side seam behind the door? Wonderig how conspicuous it is on the finished job.
I will post them as soon as I finish.

Did you finish the front bumper?
I wasn't sure if I hope this was going to go so I only ordered 30"x30' which wasn't enough to do the front bumper and driver side. I did order more and it should be in tomorrow.
I will wrap the air ducts first with small vinyl pieces then the outer surface.

I don't know my JZs very well hahaa... Nice Job! Did you use dinoc on the wheels?
Your got it !