• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Project I'm starting on this week.

SignManiac

I recently posted a sign I made two months ago for a long time client of mine who absolutely loves orange, green, and ivory. He uses these color combination at all of his properties around the state of Florida. It was the Southern Comfort sign.

Well they want me to update an old sign at one of their other parks. It wasn't one of mine. So, I was given free rein to have at it. Here's the before sign along with my after design. I'll be starting on it tomorrow and the client was ecstatic over the new and improved version. It will be a super dimensional sign with many layers, v-carved and raised prismatic lettering.

Attachments

• Sunnyside new version.jpg
    Sunnyside new version.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 97
  • Sunnyside Old.jpg
    Sunnyside Old.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 73
  • Sunnyside detail.jpg
    Sunnyside detail.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 73

Marlene

this may sound crazy, but what I love the most is the angled/multi post install method! I am just a big lover of cool mounting systems as they add so much to the overall look. the sign is also great. I love how you can make that color combo look good. can't wait to see the finished photos of this project!

SignManiac

Marlene, after a lifetime of making signs I get bored doing the same thing over and over again. I try as hard as it is, to make every single sign I do, a one of a kind original. Quite the challenge to come up with new ideas constantly.

Did you know there are an infinite number of odd ball shapes compared to just the three circle, square, and triangles that are so over used???

Deep thoughts!!!

SignManiac

this may sound crazy, but what I love the most is the angled/multi post install method! I am just a big lover of cool mounting systems as they add so much to the overall look. the sign is also great. I love how you can make that color combo look good. can't wait to see the finished photos of this project!

I agree Marlene. Rick is great at using creative mounting systems on all of his signs that I've seen. I happen to notice that most about his work. Good stuff.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
That's a great idea? I may approach them and see if they're open to changing that.

That's what is on their original sign................ :ROFLMAO:

Your re-make proposal looks fantastic. I too, really like the color combo.

SignManiac

Gino I never even noticed that on their old sign. And I'm surprised they didn't either? Still, I think it sounds less trailer park trashy using community.

Brandon708

Great proposed sign. Did you give the the estimate on building it yet? By the looks of their old sign it seems that they cheap out on the signs.

When I hear the term "Community" I think of a place where a bunch of old people live. When I think of "Mobile Home Community" I would assume a lot of people die there of natural causes. Especially since it's in Florida.

SignManiac

I've given the quote and it's been approved. They never question my price on any of my work that I do for them. One of their tenants at a shopping plaza they own, is also a sign company.

They get to do the coro signs and miscellaneous signs, but they use me exclusively for their high end stuff. It's a win win as far as I'm concerned. I don't care to do the nickle and dime jobs.

So I just got off the phone with the client and we both agreed to get rid of the mobile home park and community and just go with the name. Instead, we opted to move resales up and keep the bottom panel for all the seasonal holidays. I'll be making a changeable panel system so they can change up the message to anything they want year round.

Here's the finalized - revised project as it will be permanent.

Attachments

• Sunnyside final.jpg
    Sunnyside final.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 63

shakey0818

Great design,great colors but i think it should say sunnyside something .......like afordable living or something to describe what sunnyside is.

SignManiac

Lol Dave, I left it on purpose just to see if you would catch it. You did the last time :))) I plan on lopping it off on this one!

CES020

Beautiful job!

Anyone else got a craving for a hot dog after seeing it? :)

Attachments

• hotdog.jpg
    hotdog.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 78

chopper

Beautiful job!

Anyone else got a craving for a hot dog after seeing it? :)
thats kinda funny to see the wiener mobile, my fathers metal fab shop did work on that car in the late 70's when it was in minneapolis for a movie I think,

I know this is a little off but the mobile home park makes me want to see "trailers for sale or rent" instead of the resales available....lol!
great job I too love the angled mounting posts...
//chopper