• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rapidtac

JBurton

Signtologist
Hey RapidTac! Love the stuff. Only question I have: why does it irritate the crap out of my contacts? Never had anybody else say it irritates their eyes in the least, but my god, if I get it on my hands and touch anywhere around my eyes I know it.

RapidTac

Merchant Member
Hello JBurton
And thank you for the compliment on our products
All of our products have chemicals in them that if you get them in your eyes its going to irritate if not burn them with or without contacts. We wear safety glasses in the manufacturing process here at Rapidtac to help
reduce with any contact to the eyes. Trust me I Know I've been blast in the face more than once by Rapid remover And my god its not good. My suggestion would be to wear safety glasses and just be careful.

gnubler

Chick-fil-A has 30 chemicals in their sandwich. You can wash it down with Rapidtac.
New slogan time? Baskin Robbins used to be "31 Flavors", one for every day of the month. Add a chicken sandwich to that for a double dose of chemical goodness.

Sky Bryan

I like LED's and wraps.
Rapid Tac, love the stuff, Rapid Remover not so much. My question is do people really like Rapid Tac 2, I try it for large window frosting but find Rapid Tac 1 is better. The 2 was eating the glue on some cheap u-line frosting.

JBurton

Signtologist
Rapid Tac, love the stuff, Rapid Remover not so much.
So is your problem getting rid of the greasy residue after stripping the adhesive? If so, rapid tac does a great job at dissolving it. I'll usually wipe down once with remover, twice lightly with tac using a new paper towel both times, then another with ipa with a new paper towel.

Question, I have the rapid prep too, but never use it. Does it cut the oils of the remover in the same way?

Sky Bryan

I like LED's and wraps.
After using Rapid Tac and Rapid Remover for 29 years, my question is about Rapid Tac 2 (the green stuff) which came onto the market in 2016. Is it really better for large window frosting jobs like over 300 square feet. Not talking about small 2' pieces that I can just do with soapy water. I find the X-100 solution from Llumar Canada to be more cost effective and I'm just not sold on the Rapid Tac 2 which I have only used a few gallons of.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hafta agree with bill..... back when Roger Bailey went on a rampage, day after day and wouldn't listen to other members or the owner, or the admins..... we aii agreed that it was a good product, we just couldn't stand HIM.

Johnny Best

Must have been a while back. I do not remember Roger or HIM.Maybe he has mellowed out with age, or the chemicals have worked out of his system.

ChaseO

Premium Subscriber
So is your problem getting rid of the greasy residue after stripping the adhesive? If so, rapid tac does a great job at dissolving it. I'll usually wipe down once with remover, twice lightly with tac using a new paper towel both times, then another with ipa with a new paper towel.

Question, I have the rapid prep too, but never use it. Does it cut the oils of the remover in the same way?
Yes, it works well for cleaning after remover. Rapid Prep is a good product too, and can even be used as a final clean if dried with a clean towel. If you let it air dry, it leaves a film. I definitely use Prep more than Tac around here, but I do usually follow it with Alcohol.

GB2

Old Member
Hafta agree with bill..... back when Roger Bailey went on a rampage, day after day and wouldn't listen to other members or the owner, or the admins..... we aii agreed that it was a good product, we just couldn't stand HIM.
I remember that time too but really, is it necessary to bring that up without giving this thread a chance? Also, I really wish that many members wouldn't constantly act like this is kindergarten and post childish comments about chicken sandwiches and such. If you don't have something intelligent and valuable to contribute, then don't say anything at all.

Rapid products are a great addition to any sign shop and to have the owner of a company on here to discuss their product is a great resource and an advantage that should be appreciated.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Evidently gb, you don't quite recall what happened over that time period, so maybe you might consider your own advice. You've no idea what pains and discussions took place for all involved in that complete fiasco. Like I said, the product is good, but roger wasn't.