• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Recent HDU/Aluminum job and a HDU monument sign

TimToad

This first one is a recently completed HDU job we did while incorporating a perforated aluminum background and powder coated aluminum frame.The second one is all HDU with a plywood core to add some strength. We extend the MDO outward on the sides, dado the posts and everything fits together nice and snug without any really visible fasteners.

Paso Robles Wine Alliance.jpg Paso Robles Dental Care monument.jpg

Z SIGNS

Very nicely done.

I have found that using MDO as a stiffener is NOT a good idea though.Works ok for a 1 sider
but making a sandwich like that I find the MDO rots out very quickly.No place for the moisture to go.

TimToad

Very nicely done.

I have found that using MDO as a stiffener is NOT a good idea though.Works ok for a 1 sider
but making a sandwich like that I find the MDO rots out very quickly.No place for the moisture to go.

Thanks, I guess with our average rainfall of under 10" per year and about half of that the last several years in a row because of the drought, we don't give those kind of issues enough thought.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
That's the neat part about this place. While it might not interest you, it will probably greatly benefit numerous others who read this thread weeks or years from now. :rock-n-roll:

TimToad

Gino, Who are you responding to?

If me, I'm starting to see why folks may take you the wrong way from time to time. You have a funny way with words sometimes and it can come off like your getting on another poster.

If it was me, I'm totally interested in making my signs last longer, fail less often, and stand up to the elements better.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure why you think what I said was negative and/or directed towards you in a negative way.

The nice part of this forum is that it will serve many people to come..... far down the road.

There are many answers or advice which may not serve the present, but it certainly may do well in the future for someone else.

The only way that answer referred to you was that you mentioned with your climate, it's not a major concern, but you will put it into future equations. So, that's all good and sorry if I bugged ya.

TimToad

I'm not sure why you think what I said was negative and/or directed towards you in a negative way.

The nice part of this forum is that it will serve many people to come..... far down the road.

There are many answers or advice which may not serve the present, but it certainly may do well in the future for someone else.

The only way that answer referred to you was that you mentioned with your climate, it's not a major concern, but you will put it into future equations. So, that's all good and sorry if I bugged ya.

I'm sorry, I perceived the comment "While it might not interest you" to mean I projected an attitude that I didn't care about durability. My bad...... We're good. Its all good info for everybody and I'm just happy to have a place to come and share.