• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sales tax question

victor bogdanov

Costs go up, population rises, teachers need raises. I shouldn't have to explain that to you.
You're not really bolstering your case here at all and it looks like your Russian math needs a bit of work. Taxes are a percentage of net income so please explain to me how you could cut the time you work in half if you did not have to pay for taxes. I'll wait, I like chinese math.
It is not 50%, probably closer to 15-20% for a small business owner with some gray area deductions. Hey, while you're at it dude, explain to me how we would fund the military, schools, roads, police, airports, water, sewer and all of that if nobody pays taxes. You know, all of the stuff that people like about living in a first world country. You are like the New Yorkers that move to Florida. You hate where you came from, then come here complaining about everything and try to change it all so it is just like the place you came from. Why did you leave then? Education in Russia was better, taxes are lower in Russia. Go back then.
Why do costs go up? Could it be due to bad government policy, government causes inflation and then wants more tax money

Income tax, property tax, sales tax, every single bill has tax built in, that adds up to a significant amount. Not much you can do without being taxed.

Taxes need to be lowered, this country was founded on very low taxes but the amount keeps on growing, when do the tax increases end?

With lower taxes that would be tax money doesn't just disappear, it would be more efficiently used by the private sector to fund those things you listed.

I came here as a child, parents were attracted to come here though the diversity visa program that's designed to attract talent from rival countries. What's happening in the US now is very reminiscent of 1980's soviet union before the collapse. Hopefully pants shitter gets out of office soon

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Why do the schools and politicians keep asking for more money?

Success to me = having free time. I could cut the amount of time I work in half but 6 months out of the year most of us are working to pay all of the various taxes.

You work 8 hours today, 4 of those hours the government will take from you.
While I am on it, I think you should have to pay double the taxes of a real american. I'll lay out my argument here.
You came from Russia to here, before contributing a dime to this country and got a free education, that you nor any of your family members ever contributed to.
You nor your immediate family were here to fight and sacrifice in our military during WW1, WW2, Vietnam, Korea, desert storm, Afghanistan etc
You nor your family were here during the 50s-70s paying crazy taxes which went to the construction of everything that you came here and took for granted.
You came here, jumped in and took advantage of everything that Americans worked hard to build without putting in an ounce of effort or a dollar out of your pocket. This is why I think you should pay double the taxes, to make up for everyone else here paying for building this stuff. You are merely paying maintenance now, at best, and even whine about that.
Hey, with all of that extra time on your hands and smarts up in that noggin, how much time have you spent volunteering with the youth and at schools? You know, to fix all of these problems that you have identified. You're a taker, no different than the bums living off of the government teet.

CanuckSigns

I'm reminded of a quote I read.

"Libertarians are like house cats, they are convinced of their fierce independence while being utterly dependant on a system they don't appreciate or understand."

This thread reminded me of it and it gave me a little chuckle, so thanks for that.

victor bogdanov

You came from Russia to here, before contributing a dime to this country and got a free education, that you nor any of your family members ever contributed to.
My father immediately became a NASA contractor working on certifying one of the Russian engines that was/is used by NASA. Contributed greatly to the US.

I do pay more taxes than the average American

Russia was far more affected by the world wars. There isn't a person in Russia that does not have a grandfather that was not on the front lines in WW2

Notarealsignguy

My father immediately became a NASA contractor working on certifying one of the Russian engines that was/is used by NASA. Contributed greatly to the US.

I do pay more taxes than the average American

Russia was far more affected by the world wars. There isn't a person in Russia that does not have a grandfather that was not on the front lines in WW2
aka your dad got a civilian job for a private contractor. He got a paycheck right? you spend too much time online reading conspiracies. Our tax rate today is the lowest in history. I'm not saying that there is not government waste but as Americans, we do get a fair amount of things for this money and It is much better than paying nothing and living somewhere in Africa. . Have you ever worked or contracted for the government or do you just gather your info from random websites that popup as you troll around? They are tighter than a gnats a$$ on spending but you wouldn't know this because you don't want to see it.
I get it, you're smarter than everyone, make more than everyone, pay more taxes than everyone but you want to pay nothing because you don't find value in anything that this country provides. I promise you this, there are MANY more paying way more than you in taxes.
What about my other questions? What have you done with all of you money, smarts and free time to make this country better? Nothing? Or is whining about OUR system your contribution. Do you go to other people's houses and tell them they paid too much for it and should fix it up some?
You're the guy that goes out fishing on your buddys boat all day, drinks his beer, throws him 5 bucks for gas and heads to the house while he is stuck there washing it at the end of the trip. Your presence was enough to cover it.

Notarealsignguy

someone please post your donation receipt, do $10, the government will spend it better than you:

maybe you should? I mean, you are the one that got FREE english lessons through our public schools. That was a money suck for whatever school you went to, having someone dedicated to teach english to the russian when everyone else could already speak it. At least the spanish can fill up a classroom and spread the cost out.

victor bogdanov

maybe you should? I mean, you are the one that got FREE english lessons through our public schools. That was a money suck for whatever school you went to, having someone dedicated to teach english to the russian when everyone else could already speak it. At least the spanish can fill up a classroom and spread the cost out.
This country is built by immigrant talent, the US works hard to attract merit based immigrants, half of fortune 500 companies were founded by immigrants and a good number of CEOs are foreign born.

I had no one teach me English, I was in regular classes, no special classes or treatment like the Spanish speakers got. That's why I learned the language so fast, sink or swim. I had 0 help as there was no one else that spoke Russian at the school

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Victor complains about how bad the USA is, and how good Russia is... yet he decides everyday to stay here and run a business that "makes well over six figures a year". I heard Etsy is banned in Russia so that would bring down his whole sticker business.

Notarealsignguy

This country is built by immigrant talent, the US works hard to attract merit based immigrants, half of fortune 500 companies were founded by immigrants and a good number of CEOs are foreign born.

I had no one teach me English, I was in regular classes, no special classes or treatment like the Spanish speakers got. That's why I learned the language so fast, sink or swim. I had 0 help as there was no one else that spoke Russian at the school
Immigrants that were thankful to be here and respected this country, for the good and the bad. Not ones that came here denigrating everything that makes it what it is. I have immigrants working here that are ecstatic to be here and don't have one bad word to say about this country. They also pay their taxes and don't whine about it. They don't need anyone to explain the purpose of them as they know first hand what it is like to live in a country with no taxes. Crime, violence, shitty roads, failing infrastructure, corrupt governments, corrupt police, an ineffective military, crappy medical care, no safety nets, no schools.
I am glad you learned english on your own, I will cut your double taxes by 1% now.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Amazing.
Ya know, when my ancestors came over, no one spoke English..... them or the others living here. My dad didn't speak English until he went to school. I could barely understand my grandparents growing up. We all have hurdles. Just nice to see you being so humble about it.

victor bogdanov

Immigrants that were thankful to be here and respected this country, for the good and the bad. Not ones that came here denigrating everything that makes it what it is. I have immigrants working here that are ecstatic to be here and don't have one bad word to say about this country. They also pay their taxes and don't whine about it. They don't need anyone to explain the purpose of them as they know first hand what it is like to live in a country with no taxes. Crime, violence, shitty roads, failing infrastructure, corrupt governments, corrupt police, an ineffective military, crappy medical care, no safety nets, no schools.
I am glad you learned english on your own, I will cut your double taxes by 1% now.
You ever read elon musk tweets "Don’t spend it all at once … oh wait you did already."

victor bogdanov

Victor complains about how bad the USA is, and how good Russia is... yet he decides everyday to stay here and run a business that "makes well over six figures a year". I heard Etsy is banned in Russia so that would bring down his whole sticker business.
You know of any other groups that complain about the US but decide to stay?

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
You know of any other groups that complain about the US but decide to stay?
Yea, a bunch of other people that should be moving elsewhere but don't. I remember hearing about a lot of celebs saying they would leave the country when Trump got elected and I wonder how many actually did. Those are your people Victor, you just don't know it.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Yea, a bunch of other people that should be moving elsewhere but don't. I remember hearing about a lot of celebs saying they would leave the country when Trump got elected and I wonder how many actually did. Those are your people Victor, you just don't know it.
Yah, They "leave" the USA to go on vacation to their house in another country. Celebrities have said that recently over a SCOTUS ruling too. They are just Just saying what's popular to their internet following.

Notarealsignguy

None. It's all talk. That's all people do anymore, like they are so important and things will fall apart without them. BYE! Don't let the door hit you!
I don't like trump but that was stupid whiny crap.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
In my summation of this thread... End user sales are taxable. Whole sale, for resale are not (by the seller) And political theory's are not taxible. Unless you use a government version of pay pal to pay your taxes. Or other money transfers.