• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sales tax question

CanuckSigns

When they made little kids wear masks that 100% pushed us over to homeschooling, I saw many parents disagree with muzzling up their little kids but still sent them off with the rest of the the herd instead of standing up for their kids.

There were lots of teachers here protesting schools reopening saying we're all going to die, these teachers are not intelligent and will not be near my kids

you muzzle up your kids and send them off to school to be good obedient tax payers, good for you. I can't comprehend how people would put a mask on their 5 year olds and send them off
A few posts ago you claimed you chose to homeschooling your kids because you have the time, not because public schools disagree with your political views, but here you are proving me right.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
A few posts ago you claimed you chose to homeschooling your kids because you have the time, not because public schools disagree with your political views, but here you are proving me right.
well obviously the wind changed directions. If he spits out enough excuses, one is bound to stick

victor bogdanov

victor, victor, victor........... you're proving yourself to be an unfit homeschool professor.

When you got here, 2 grades ahead of your classmates.... was that in every subject of just one or two ?? Seriously, I'd like to know that one.
Every subject other than English but 6 months in I got close to perfect scores on the Texas standardized test in Reading/Writing. Learned English very fast because I was embarrassed of not speaking the language. 0 accent now, worked very hard to not have an accent

victor bogdanov

I can see an accent in your writing. Your mechanics and word structure shows in choice and arrangement of your own words. All languages have it. It's called syntax.
typing as fast as possible and in the fewest words might have something to do with that

Notarealsignguy

Every subject other than English but 6 months in I got close to perfect scores on the Texas standardized test in Reading/Writing. Learned English very fast because I was embarrassed of not speaking the language. 0 accent now, worked very hard to not have an accent
that's grade school crap and designed around average, not the top. It says nothing about your intelligence, knowledge or achievement. As far as I know, it also does not judge your grade level. How would a test for a 9th grade level, that you are taught to take, show that you are on a higher level? It is a test of the standards set for the grade level you are in. It doesn't have questions that are suited for higher grade levels, that would pretty much defeat the purpose of it.

victor bogdanov

that's grade school crap and designed around average, not the top. It says nothing about your intelligence, knowledge or achievement. As far as I know, it also does not judge your grade level. How would a test for a 9th grade level, that you are taught to take, show that you are on a higher level? It is a test of the standards set for the grade level you are in. It doesn't have questions that are suited for higher grade levels, that would pretty much defeat the purpose of it.
When I got to the USA I was learning the same exact stuff that I learned 2 years ago in Russia in math and science. I basically wasted 2 years learning the same thing and then was back on grade level 2 years later before the US school was teaching stuff I havent seen yet

Notarealsignguy

When I got to the USA I was learning the same exact stuff that I learned 2 years ago in Russia in math and science. I basically wasted 2 years learning the same thing and then was back on grade level 2 years later before the US school was teaching stuff I havent seen yet
So? It was the same when I moved from PA to FL and again when I went to college. I took statistics and calc in HS and then had to take it again in college. Same with english, economics, chemistry and accounting. It didn't make me smarter than anyone else though, it just made it easier on the second go around and helped with retention. You have a very myopic view on things which is probably why you think you are smarter than you actually are. People that are good at things don't generally walk around telling everyone how great they are at it. It is the ones who aren't that do. Its almost like, I can't show you so let me tell you instead.

victor bogdanov

So? It was the same when I moved from PA to FL and again when I went to college. I took statistics and calc in HS and then had to take it again in college. Same with english, economics, chemistry and accounting. It didn't make me smarter than anyone else though, it just made it easier on the second go around and helped with retention. You have a very myopic view on things which is probably why you think you are smarter than you actually are. People that are good at things don't generally walk around telling everyone how great they are at it. It is the ones who aren't that do. Its almost like, I can't show you so let me tell you instead.
So my point is, education in rival countries such as China and Russia is ahead of US education. Students there are more advanced in math and science, this will not be good for USA in the long run. public education here is too easy and hands out too many participation trophies and standards are lowered

"For the past 20 years, studies of math achievement have shown that Chinese (and other East Asian) children consistently outperform their American counterparts in almost every area"

Notarealsignguy

So my point is, education in rival countries such as China and Russia is ahead of US education. Students there are more advanced in math and science, this will not be good for USA in the long run. public education here is too easy and hands out too many participation trophies and standards are lowered

"For the past 20 years, studies of math achievement have shown that Chinese (and other East Asian) children consistently outperform their American counterparts in almost every area"
I agree 100% but homeschooling is not going to make it better. They still can teach better in an institutional environment than you can at home. In all honesty, this stuff is lumped together so the underachievers dilute the overachievers. There are many advanced lines of study in public schools and their resources will always exceed that of a home based education and even most private schools. It is up to the child and the parents to get out of it what they want but the tools are there to challenge students at any level and people do take advantage of them. If you blame the schools for your own lack of motivation than that is your problem and not that of the system itself. There are so many opportunities available, free of charge but it takes work and most would rather sit back, point fingers and make up excuses for their own laziness. There is an expectation of being owed something just for showing up. You can see it in schools, out in public and at work. When they aren't given what they feel they are deserved, they tear down everything around them because there is no way that they could be wrong.
So my point is that education is available at every level and if you want to remain at the bottom, there is a place for you. If you want to rise to the top, there is also a place for you and resources to get there. This is a great country if you can get past making excuses.

victor bogdanov

Look up home school vs public school, the home schooled kids do better;

HOMESCHOOLERS SCORE BETTER AT EXAMS LIKE THE ACT AND SAT, COMPARED TO PUBLIC SCHOOLERS, AS PER NHERI.

These are crucial exams conducted by colleges and universities for new admissions so that many homeschoolers can join such institutions. This is why you can find a special tab for homeschoolers on the websites of popular educational institutes offering higher education for admission applications.

2.5 MILLION HOMESCHOOLERS WERE AT COLLEGE IN SPRING 2019

According to data provided by Nheri, homeschooled students often do better than their public schooled counterparts while in college. Despite their small number, they have a high graduation rate.

victor bogdanov

Public schools need competition, competition is always good. make them compete for tax money with private schools and home schoolers (would be nice to have the home schooled kid go in to take a standardized test and based on the test result get a discount on the school tax the parent is paying or something along those lines )

gnubler

Remember the other day someone said, they don't remember or use anything they've learned in 12 years of school. Is that what you want you kids to think or turn out ??

That was me, and my comments remind me of this very important book...
Robert_Fulghum_-_All_I_Really_Need_to_Know_I_Learned_in_Kindergarten.jpg

For some kids public school is a disaster. I've long been a supporter of "unschooling", which is a homeschooling curriculum geared toward the interests and talents of the student rather than a bunch of required classes some of us will never have use for in life. Ideal for us misfits who can't conform.

Notarealsignguy

Look up home school vs public school, the home schooled kids do better;

HOMESCHOOLERS SCORE BETTER AT EXAMS LIKE THE ACT AND SAT, COMPARED TO PUBLIC SCHOOLERS, AS PER NHERI.

These are crucial exams conducted by colleges and universities for new admissions so that many homeschoolers can join such institutions. This is why you can find a special tab for homeschoolers on the websites of popular educational institutes offering higher education for admission applications.

2.5 MILLION HOMESCHOOLERS WERE AT COLLEGE IN SPRING 2019

According to data provided by Nheri, homeschooled students often do better than their public schooled counterparts while in college. Despite their small number, they have a high graduation rate.
You are seeking data to fit your preconceived notions. For one, an exam is not a measure of intellect. Many intelligent people are bad at exams and even bad at school itself. Second, homeschooled kids have more parent involvement which is a big factor in success at school. I would be willing to guess that if you were to compare honors, AP and IB students, who also tend to come from higher income households and have more parent involvement, with homeschoolers, the numbers would be skewed the other direction.
This also does not take into account social learning. As I said before, being able to succeed with people that may drag you down AND learning to work with all walks of life is more important than learning how to pass any test. I will also add that there are tricks to the SAT that help you to game the test. It is not a very reliable gauge of knowledge at all.

Notarealsignguy

Public schools need competition, competition is always good. make them compete for tax money with private schools and home schoolers (would be nice to have the home schooled kid go in to take a standardized test and based on the test result get a discount on the school tax the parent is paying or something along those lines )
no they dont. People that value money over all else think this. People like you can not fathom somebody being motivated in any way except with dollars and winning. It goes back to the money=success=smarts fallacy. Not all of us obsess over being the best or having the most money

victor bogdanov

no they dont. People that value money over all else think this. People like you can not fathom somebody being motivated in any way except with dollars and winning. It goes back to the money=success=smarts fallacy. Not all of us obsess over being the best or having the most money

Why do the schools and politicians keep asking for more money?

Success to me = having free time. I could cut the amount of time I work in half but 6 months out of the year most of us are working to pay all of the various taxes.

You work 8 hours today, 4 of those hours the government will take from you.

Notarealsignguy

Why do the schools and politicians keep asking for more money?

Success to me = having free time. I could cut the amount of time I work in half but 6 months out of the year most of us are working to pay all of the various taxes.

You work 8 hours today, 4 of those hours the government will take from you.
Costs go up, population rises, teachers need raises. I shouldn't have to explain that to you.
You're not really bolstering your case here at all and it looks like your Russian math needs a bit of work. Taxes are a percentage of net income so please explain to me how you could cut the time you work in half if you did not have to pay for taxes. I'll wait, I like chinese math.
It is not 50%, probably closer to 15-20% for a small business owner with some gray area deductions. Hey, while you're at it dude, explain to me how we would fund the military, schools, roads, police, airports, water, sewer and all of that if nobody pays taxes. You know, all of the stuff that people like about living in a first world country. You are like the New Yorkers that move to Florida. You hate where you came from, then come here complaining about everything and try to change it all so it is just like the place you came from. Why did you leave then? Education in Russia was better, taxes are lower in Russia. Go back then.