• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sales tax question

Johnny Best

I was just daydreaming of all businesses stopping sales tax collection, if everyone doesn't collect and stops assisting the theft then things would get interesting, or any other taxes for that matter. but that's just daydreaming
That would be like getting everyone in a 6 block radius to flush their toilets at the same time to see the sewer back up, unless your area is on septic tanks and that would not work the way that way.

Medina Signs

Old Member
if it's not a crazy amount of tax and if he is a good customer that will come back for more - redo the invoice and pay the tax yourself. His net cost will be the same. Then on the next job you do for him (if there is one) add the sales tax you paid for him to his next job.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Taxes pay for the schools your kids go to, the roads you drive on, the police, fire, military etc that we all benefit from. People that skip out on paying taxes are stealing from you and are nothing but leaches on society. No different than the welfare queens that expects everyone else to pay for them to live.

victor bogdanov

Taxes pay for the schools your kids go to, the roads you drive on, the police, fire, military etc that we all benefit from. People that skip out on paying taxes are stealing from you and are nothing but leaches on society. No different than the welfare queens that expects everyone else to pay for them to live.
What do you call politicians sending billions to other countries? is that not stealing?

Crime is increasing, public education is going downhill, the military doesn't have a competent commander in chief. Lets through more tax money at it, maybe that will fix everything

home school for my kids, too bad TX doesn't have school vouchers to take the tax money to private school

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ya know, the idea of more and more home schooling is just putting out kids about as dumb as most of the parents. Not saying some good ones don't get through, but what's the weakest link in your theory ?? Remember the other day someone said, they don't remember or use anything they've learned in 12 years of school. Is that what you want you kids to think or turn out ??

Last edited:

victor bogdanov

Ya know, the idea of more and more home schooling is just putting out kids about as dumb as most of the parents. Not saying some god ones don't get through, but what's the weakest link in your theory ?? Remember the other day someone said, they don't remember or use anything they've learned in 12 years of school. Is that what you want you kids to think or turn out ??
My son is 3 and can read, basic writing, 4 math operations. He can go through 1st grade worksheets pretty well. All thanks to my wife, we're fortunate enough where she doesn't have to work and can teach the kids all day.

I take care of the outdoor activities.

All the home schooling parents in my area are doing well above average, haven't seen any "dumb" parents homeschooling.

The dumb ones trust the government to teach their kids 1000 genders

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Like I said, some slip through. Perhaps your kid is doing good. Does your wife know English and proper conjugation, word meanings and does she know her own weak spots ?? Can she go past basic 1st grade math ?? Can she do algebra, calculus, trigonometry ?? Before you say, what would a kid need to know that for...... you'd be limiting the possibility of a possible scientist or a future physicist. Does she know or understand world history ??

I think homeschooling might be alright for grades 1, 2 and even 3, but not much beyond. You'd be doing your child a great misdoing by not allowing him to experience more of what's out there.

edit: see..... you think there are 1,000 geneders out there, last I checked, it's either 57 or 58. See the misinformation you'd give your kid.

victor bogdanov

Like I said, some slip through. Perhaps your kid is doing good. Does your wife know English and proper conjugation, word meanings and does she know her own weak spots ?? Can she go past basic 1st grade math ?? Can she do algebra, calculus, trigonometry ?? Before you say, what would a kid need to know that for...... you'd be limiting the possibility of a possible scientist or a future physicist. Does she know or understand world history ??

I think homeschooling might be alright for grades 1, 2 and even 3, but not much beyond. You'd be doing your child a great misdoing by not allowing him to experience more of what's out there.

edit: see..... you think there are 1,000 geneders out there, last I checked, it's either 57 or 58. See the misinformation you'd give your kid.
There are many resources to teach the more advanced subjects, homeschooling programs, tutors etc, going by a textbook. An average adult should be able to grasp and learn those subjects as they teach the child, stay one chapter ahead of the child

Gino

Premium Subscriber
And you really think that's the way to teach a child ?? Stay one u-tube chapter ahead of a seven year old. What are you gonna do when that kid gets to 8th or 10th grade ?? Their minds are all over the place and you're still staying one chapter ahead ?? What if you or your wife can't keep up with it ?? You said an average adult.......... not many of them around anymore, so what are the other 96% of the country's kids gonna learn ?? Total crappolla and that's what you see on the streets carrying on. That has nothing to do with homeschooling or public schooling. Those kids simply were not taught and did not learn a blasted thing cause they were bored.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
The social acclimation with schooling is almost as important as the education itself. You can be the smartest guy in the room but if you can't function with different people you are pretty much useless