• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sales tax question

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Nope, locked up in a closet. One kid doesn't need to take up a whole frickin' room.

When my dad was alive, his neighbor homeschooled her kids..... all of them except the oldest. She had seven kids, plus the oldest who was from a different mother. Can you imagine an 11 year old getting the same classes the 5 year old is getting...... or was it the other way around ?? Suffice it to say........ how do you think that mom taught all those kids at the same time, got her washing done, cooking, cleaning and still had time to go do the groceries ?? Cripes, the father couldn't do it, he was out working 3 jobs and delivering pizza at night. Yep, homeschooling, that's the ticket.

victor bogdanov

Nope, locked up in a closet. One kid doesn't need to take up a whole frickin' room.

When my dad was alive, his neighbor homeschooled her kids..... all of them except the oldest. She had seven kids, plus the oldest who was from a different mother. Can you imagine an 11 year old getting the same classes the 5 year old is getting...... or was it the other way around ?? Suffice it to say........ how do you think that mom taught all those kids at the same time, got her washing done, cooking, cleaning and still had time to go do the groceries ?? Cripes, the father couldn't do it, he was out working 3 jobs and delivering pizza at night. Yep, homeschooling, that's the ticket.
how many students does a public school teacher have?

7 classes of 30-40 per day? what maybe 200 students per teacher. 7 kids would be a breeze to handle compared to a class of 30+

my local school district is complaining that they are 678 teachers short for the upcoming year.

Last edited:

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"

Vic's family is only educated through 5th grade. Once they are 10 the education ends. Can't have the kids read and write better than the parents or they will lose brainwashing control over their children.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Did you go to school in this country or what ??

Teachers don't teach constantly, They pass classes and most teachers are specialized in 2 or 3 subjects, except grade school where they know all the basics.

In 3rd grade, according to your level of comprehsion and other sh!t, you were offered taking another language. I chose German, cause it was the only one offered. At the end of 3rd grade, I was offered to learn a musical instrument. I chose trombone. Can your wife do that ??

victor bogdanov

Did you go to school in this country or what ??

Teachers don't teach constantly, They pass classes and most teachers are specialized in 2 or 3 subjects, except grade school where they know all the basics.

In 3rd grade, according to your level of comprehsion and other sh!t, you were offered taking another language. I chose German, cause it was the only one offered. At the end of 3rd grade, I was offered to learn a musical instrument. I chose trombone. Can your wife do that ??
my son goes to piano lessons now, making good progress. I speak Russian and my wife speaks Vietnamese, the grandmas are the ones really teaching the other languages, we focus on English.

How good is your German and trombone skill today?

victor bogdanov

We have a couple of public school teacher friends, one left her job to home school her kids as she did not want her kids going to the school she got to see first hand at what goes on. The other one highly recommends we do anything other than the public school and wishes she could leave the job but needs the income and benefits

Gino

Premium Subscriber
My german was never fluent, but I can understand if they speak somewhat a little slower than normal. Trombone, well.... I got real good at it and stayed with it for a while, but haven't played in probably 50 years or so, so other than playing a few licks, probably not very good. However, I basically taught myself keyboards and still dabble in that.

It's not so much what you learn or how much you use it, but the discipline you learn by striving to be good and in competition with the other kids. No one wants to be lousy at anything.... ask any atifa member. I don't use my calculus or proper english, but I can communicate and figure things out without having to google everything.

As for your school teacher friends..... in my opinion, it's more the safety or lack thereof in the schools to mostly be afraid of. If you don't live in the ghettos, anyone's kids should learn pretty much. The school system is still good, maybe not tops in the world, but very good. I agree with however, that the school systems are getting outta hand with some of the subjects and almost going beyond teaching kids the fundamentals of learning, but that's a topic for a different thread..... I think.

CanuckSigns

I'm a firm believer in Public schools, kids need to socialize with other kids, especially from other backgrounds, social circles etc. they also need to learn how to work with others to achieve a common goal, something that is not as common in homeschooled kids. I'm also smart enough to realize I don't know everything, If I were to teach my kids myself there would be a huge gap of knowledge they would be missing out on.

I assume the most common reasoning behind home schooling is that the parents don't agree with the curriculum the public schools are teaching, but I can't imagine pulling my kids out of school and putting their education at risk just so little bobby doesn't have to hear something that I don't agree with politically or religiously, because lets face it, the only reason people give for not agreeing with the curriculum comes back to being either a political issue or religious one (numbers of genders, sex education etc.) The funny thing is the same people who pull their kid from school at the first whiff of this are the same people calling everyone else a snowflake.

victor bogdanov

I'm a firm believer in Public schools, kids need to socialize with other kids, especially from other backgrounds, social circles etc. they also need to learn how to work with others to achieve a common goal, something that is not as common in homeschooled kids. I'm also smart enough to realize I don't know everything, If I were to teach my kids myself there would be a huge gap of knowledge they would be missing out on.

I assume the most common reasoning behind home schooling is that the parents don't agree with the curriculum the public schools are teaching, but I can't imagine pulling my kids out of school and putting their education at risk just so little bobby doesn't have to hear something that I don't agree with politically or religiously, because lets face it, the only reason people give for not agreeing with the curriculum comes back to being either a political issue or religious one (numbers of genders, sex education etc.) The funny thing is the same people who pull their kid from school at the first whiff of this are the same people calling everyone else a snowflake.

Most common excuse for not home schooling kids I hear is no time/need to go to work. More people would consider it I think if both parents didn't have to work full time.

It's sad that so many people think they can't do a better job than the government at teaching their kids

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Its sad to see all of the attacks on education. Every other country on earth values it while we sit here and try to discredit it. Many families in other countries make huge financial sacrifices in order to get their children the good education that we take for granted. That does not bode well for the future or security of this country.
As Gino said, kids learn discipline and critical thinking from these subjects that the dumbasses blow off as worthless. Music in schools is another thing that has been under attack to defund for years now. That is a real shame because music programs also teach discipline and healthy competition, it isn't about learning to play an instrument. You are forced to practice and stick with it so that you do not let down your fellow bandmates. It would do wonders nowadays considering we have an overabundance of warm bodies with no work ethic and the inability to see anything in the world except for themselves. It is almost as if being stupid comes with a badge of honor now.

victor bogdanov

Its sad to see all of the attacks on education. Every other country on earth values it while we sit here and try to discredit it. Many families in other countries make huge financial sacrifices in order to get their children the good education that we take for granted. That does not bode well for the future or security of this country.
As Gino said, kids learn discipline and critical thinking from these subjects that the dumbasses blow off as worthless. Music in schools is another thing that has been under attack to defund for years now. That is a real shame because music programs also teach discipline and healthy competition, it isn't about learning to play an instrument. You are forced to practice and stick with it so that you do not let down your fellow bandmates. It would do wonders nowadays considering we have an overabundance of warm bodies with no work ethic and the inability to see anything in the world except for themselves. It is almost as if being stupid comes with a badge of honor now.
Education here is a lot easier/behind pace our top rivals, China and Russia. Here standards are lowered to make everyone pass and participation trophies are handed out left and right.

I went to school in Russia K-5 and when I can to the US the teachers could not believe how far ahead I was in math and science, at least 2-3 grade levels ahead, the expectations in Russian school were way higher.

Compare what USA kids see on tiktok to what Chinese kids see on tiktok and then see what you think about the future

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Education here is a lot easier/behind pace our top rivals, China and Russia. Here standards are lowered to make everyone pass and participation trophies are handed out left and right.

I went to school in Russia K-5 and when I can to the US the teachers could not believe how far ahead I was in math and science, at least 2-3 grade levels ahead, the expectations in Russian school were way higher.

Compare what USA kids see on tiktok to what Chinese kids see on tiktok and then see what you think about the future
Maybe the Russian kids are smarter, but they get dumber downing all that vodka everyday.

Notarealsignguy

Most common excuse for not home schooling kids I hear is no time/need to go to work. More people would consider it I think if both parents didn't have to work full time.

It's sad that so many people think they can't do a better job than the government at teaching their kids
They are telling you that to be nice. Most sane people understand their limitations and would rather have their children learn from someone that has extensive training and education in the subject they are teaching. I'm no idiot but am not naïve to the fact that I would not be able to give my children the same quality education that they would get from actual educators. It also would not surprise me if you thought they are dumber than you as most intellectually challenged people are not able to see it in themselves. You, like many others, think that having a few bucks in your pocket makes you smarter than the next guy and that is far from the truth.

victor bogdanov

They are telling you that to be nice. Most sane people understand their limitations and would rather have their children learn from someone that has extensive training and education in the subject they are teaching. I'm no idiot but am not naïve to the fact that I would not be able to give my children the same quality education that they would get from actual educators. It also would not surprise me if you thought they are dumber than you as most intellectually challenged people are not able to see it in themselves. You, like many others, think that having a few bucks in your pocket makes you smarter than the next guy and that is far from the truth.

When they made little kids wear masks that 100% pushed us over to homeschooling, I saw many parents disagree with muzzling up their little kids but still sent them off with the rest of the the herd instead of standing up for their kids.

There were lots of teachers here protesting schools reopening saying we're all going to die, these teachers are not intelligent and will not be near my kids

you muzzle up your kids and send them off to school to be good obedient tax payers, good for you. I can't comprehend how people would put a mask on their 5 year olds and send them off

Gino

Premium Subscriber
victor, victor, victor........... you're proving yourself to be an unfit homeschool professor.

When you got here, 2 grades ahead of your classmates.... was that in every subject or just one or two ?? Seriously, I'd like to know that one.

Last edited:

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
oh quit deflecting and making it sound like your choices are someone else's fault. You are a small narrow-minded person, threatened by any critical thought outside of your simple little 5th grade educated brain. You home school your kids in hopes that they won't realize how stupid you really are.

Notarealsignguy

When they made little kids wear masks that 100% pushed us over to homeschooling, I saw many parents disagree with muzzling up their little kids but still sent them off with the rest of the the herd instead of standing up for their kids.

There were lots of teachers here protesting schools reopening saying we're all going to die, these teachers are not intelligent and will not be near my kids

you muzzle up your kids and send them off to school to be good obedient tax payers, good for you. I can't comprehend how people would put a mask on their 5 year olds and send them off
I didn't give a shit and neither did my kids. The adults made this an issue and used their children as pawns in the little imaginary war they have going on in their heads. They schools asked to wear masks to mainly protect the kids with health issues that could have life threatening complications if they caught it. My kid was one that would have been in bad shape if she had got it at the onset of all of this. To me, that is what you call respect for others but manners and morals have been thrown out the window and replaced with I I me me and to hell with anyone else. I have never known any russians to be overly respectful either so again, what you say does not surprise me.
I go to jobsites all of the time and have to wear a hardhat, steel toe boots, reflective vests and safety glasses. I don't cry the blues about it and stomp my feet like a toddler, you just put it on and shut up about it. We also have to wear masks here at work, it is not a choice. It's hot, they suck but it is what it is. You people have been brainwashed to be contrary to everything in life. If they said the sky was blue your little idiot internet circle jerk would tell you its actually red and you would feel compelled to tell everyone on earth that they were wrong and you were right. Its retarded