• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Second design challenge.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Here are 2 more from rejected presentations...

30 minutes for both... Illustrator/CadTools

Attachments

• ped care-3.jpg
    ped care-3.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 280
  • ped care-2.jpg
    ped care-2.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 279

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Rick, how do you get your spec circles solid black with CadTools?
Do you change each label individually after you've placed them?

On presentation drawings I don't use CadTools labels because I like solid fills on the presentation drawings, since most of the initial presentations are placed in the environment (or I fake one) Underneath the labels, there is another with a thicker white stroke to cut through color backgrounds.

I occasionally use solid fills on detail drawings because sometimes there are a lot of intersecting lines. The solid fills sometimes makes it easier to decipher the labels/notes.

Attachments

• detail drawing -2.jpg
    detail drawing -2.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 275
  • detail drawing -1.jpg
    detail drawing -1.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 283
Last edited:

Tim Aucoin

Jill... you made me laugh... I love it!! Your tongue-in-cheek version would have taken me 3 hours... and that's IF I could even think up a brilliant design like that!!

All of you are simply amazing! It's inspiring me to really try and get some creative juices flowing! I'm not sure if creativity is something that can be taught or if it just comes natural.. :rolleyes: I have no problem looking at a layout or a sketch and creating it... but that just takes knowledge of a computer program. The work you do requires creative thought long before you even touch a keyboard or mouse! That's the part I'd love to have... even half of what you all have would be a good start!!! :notworthy::notworthy:

cgsigns_jamie

On presentation drawings I don't use CadTools labels because I like solid fills on the presentation drawings, since most of the initial presentations are placed in the environment (or I fake one) Underneath the labels, there is another with a thicker white stroke to cut through color backgrounds.

I occasionally use solid fills on detail drawings because sometimes there are a lot of intersecting lines. The solid fills sometimes makes it easier to decipher the labels/notes.

Thanks for the info Rick.

I've recently started using CadTools more and more for my drawings. I used to do all my drawings in FlexiSIGN and/or AutoCAD
CadTools for Illustrator kinda combines the best of both worlds.

SignManiac

Here's one more from scratch. 35 minutes with tweaks so far. Going for a more traditional look and feel.

Attachments

• Pediatric Care Center3.jpg
    Pediatric Care Center3.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 287