• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sergio no longer with AZ Color?

Circleville Signs

To be honest with you, he is probably one of the most selfless, giving, whole hearted loving person I have ever met... I just got off the phone with him a couple of days and we text back and forth every day...

He has been showing me more and more every day how to get my business more and more into wraps than ever...

I know him personally, and until you ALL do, well, I really dont think you have ANY place to talk... but that's my personal view on things...

Sergio doesnt care what goes on or said on 101 about him, what he does care about, he is doing right now which is his family, and making the best D^%$ wrap facility in the nation. And I will be there the first week he is open to be there with him while he does it... :)

You may very well be right - but here's the thing. Perception counts. When someone makes the decision to annoint themselves the "industry mouthpiece" they give up the right (as do their defenders) to be offended by how they are percieved. I do not think I am the only person who has this perception of Sergio.

He may be the greatest guy in the world - but I have not seen anything that he has done publicly or others have said about it - to make my perceptions change.

Someone comes into my shop with a strut, talking themselves up to be the greatest thing since sliced bread, sporting shades inside, and hands me a resume that has 4 stops in 2 years - I'm probably not hiring them. Based on my perceptions. Which would be valid.

Gary

speedmedia

Jezus... If you don't care don't post how effing hard is that? I to like to keep up on Sergio as he is one of the faces of our industry like him or not.

I cannot tell how constant arguing and bitching solves anything.

Thanks,
Kurt

You may very well be right - but here's the thing. Perception counts. When someone makes the decision to annoint themselves the "industry mouthpiece" they give up the right (as do their defenders) to be offended by how they are percieved. I do not think I am the only person who has this perception of Sergio.

He may be the greatest guy in the world - but I have not seen anything that he has done publicly or others have said about it - to make my perceptions change.

Someone comes into my shop with a strut, talking themselves up to be the greatest thing since sliced bread, sporting shades inside, and hands me a resume that has 4 stops in 2 years - I'm probably not hiring them. Based on my perceptions. Which would be valid.

Gary

I'm not offended. Just sticking up for my guy is all... Either way, carry on.

vinylbarry

The Jesse James of the wrap industry, I dont do many wraps and if so there usally camo (KY OK ) but I do follow things he says and things you hear just becuase of the industry.

ProWraps

i have to agree. how can i take you seriously about how to run my business when you cant keep a job? its disappointing to know the industry has placed so much focus on someone that keeps floating from place to place while there are so many others that seem to keep it together and contribute as much (who also are great people and take care of their families as well).

rambo555

:popcorn:
I tend to respect those who take the time to post here more than I do those who speak at tradeshows and in magazines. This forum is real life in my opinion. Those who can do all three are "more better" as well.

weaselboogie

i have to agree. how can i take you seriously about how to run my business when you cant keep a job? its disappointing to know the industry has placed so much focus on someone that keeps floating from place to place while there are so many others that seem to keep it together and contribute as much (who also are great people and take care of their families as well).

:thumb:

SignBurst PCs

I am sure you all know how I feel about Sergio, so I won't beat that dead horse.

My feeling is that his jobs in the last few years are nothing like most of the rest of our jobs. Higher-paying, marketing, and consulting jobs tend to transition faster than the average job does. Not to mention that employment overall isn't exactly a given in this economy, no matter how good you are at your job. We will see how he does now that he is "one of you".

iSign

ever hear of the scumbag on the street corner, asking all the girls going by to sleep with him... he got slapped a lot... but he got laid a lot too...

Self promotion works best when it is just supporting a product or service that speaks for itself.. but it turns to hype, when the product or service is secondary, just to support the self promotion... sure, you can weasel your way into name recognition & mouthpiece status... but can the man live up to the hype? When someone else hypes you... the answer is usually yes... when you hype yourself? ...well, the odds go down from what I've seen...

Circleville Signs

ever hear of the scumbag on the street corner, asking all the girls going by to sleep with him... he got slapped a lot... but he got laid a lot too...

Self promotion works best when it is just supporting a product or service that speaks for itself.. but it turns to hype, when the product or service is secondary, just to support the self promotion... sure, you can weasel your way into name recognition & mouthpiece status... but can the man live up to the hype? When someone else hypes you... the answer is usually yes... when you hype yourself? ...well, the odds go down from what I've seen...

:goodpost:

Mosh

Is he that Mexican with the Tattoos all over in the Fellars catalog from last year. I think he was the one that got Frank to stop being a good ol' boy and go gangsta.

Don't like him.

Mosh

Didn't say I don't like Mexicans, I said he is one and I don't like him. Please don't try making me look like a racist!

mark in tx

I don't know the guy, but for whatever reason, his opinions seem to have had a big influence on the vehicle wrapping market.
I think his technical knowledge is great, and he seems to be able to teach that knowledge really well.

But I would really take his business knowledge with a grain of salt.
Outside looking in, he can't seem to get along with anybody, and his business ideas seem to need someone with deep pockets.

So is it a case of the promised results not happening in the promised time?
Above a certain level, profits talk, bullsh$t walks.

Or is it nothing more than a case of he promised 6 months of his time to a company and then on to the next thing? If that is the case, then he needs to publicise that.
Otherwise we're all just smacking our gums, thinking the worst.

stickasteve

If you are a real estate tychoon (if I spelled that correctly) then you listen to what Robert Kyosoki says don't you? To learn more about what a successful person in the industry has to say as far as advise, encouragement, and pitfalls. I took a Fellers class with him and he's a cool guy. Frank Fellers took advantage of a successful guy in his own company and Sergio capitalized on it for the good of him and his family. If I could do the same I would. I say to people... If you want to learn from him then listen to his words of advise do so, and hope he remembers you. If you don't care, then don't care and stop talking shit. It's terrible for one's character and reputation. I don't know any one of you but I'd say we all learn from one another weather we post or remain silent. Sergio's been one of the pioneers in the industry and now we're all jumping on the band wagon. More power to whomever can afford to pay his salary no matter what it is. Lord knows I feel I don't get paid enough.