• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sergio no longer with AZ Color?

stickasteve

BTW... I wish my name was getting praised or trashed on a forum site, and was known nation-wide, if not world-wide.

Pat Whatley

ever hear of the scumbag on the street corner, asking all the girls going by to sleep with him... he got slapped a lot... but he got laid a lot too...

Had a fraternity brother who believed he had a 1 in 50 chance of getting laid in a bar so if he had to ask 50 women to find that one he was okay with it. He would literally walk up to a woman and say "Hi, so, you ready to go back to my place?" to the first woman he met. If she said no he'd move on to the one right next to her. EVERY SINGLE TIME I watched this happening he'd end up leaving with some chick who was feeling "adventurous".

We always believed that he'd caught so many STD's that they just kind of canceled each other out.

You may now return to your LOVE HIM/HATE HIM Sergio discussion.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
had a fraternity brother who believed he had a 1 in 50 chance of getting laid in a bar so if he had to ask 50 women to find that one he was okay with it. He would literally walk up to a woman and say "hi, so, you ready to go back to my place?" to the first woman he met. If she said no he'd move on to the one right next to her. Every single time i watched this happening he'd end up leaving with some chick who was feeling "adventurous".

~hero~

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Weather its bad publicity or good publicity. Sergio is still getting FREE publicity. Which is a good thing :)

That saying is usually done with tongue in cheek.

Good reputations are what everyone strives for in most areas of life and business. Getting a ton of coverage gets your name out there, but it doesn't necessarily mean you earn or gain any respect which in turn can work against anyone.

Sometimes.... Silence is Golden.... that's a better rule to remember.... and look who is paying heed to it.... the subject. He knows when not to enter into a bad conversation.

wrapman jamz

Ray Crock floated around so much, that his wife left him....Founder of McDonalds

Colonel Sanders foated around until someone bought into the KFC receipe.

This doesn't look like "floating" to me

Just an "Einstein" in a dumb F@#k world.

These kind guys don't look for jobs...they create them.

my 2¢

Dan Antonelli

I find this thread very interesting on a personal level. It's interesting to read about feelings garnered about a person that has been proclaimed 'mouthpieces' of the industry. Some know Sergio very well, some seem to know only what they read of him, or what he's written himself.

While I don't consider myself a mouthpiece for anything, I suppose my SignCraft status makes me something (god only knows what!). Makes me wonder what you guys think of me! At the end of the day, I always thought that the more you gave, the more you got in return.

The one thing I can say, is that when writing for a publication, you earn that privilege - and you generally need credentials to be given that honor. And in writing, you try to get the articles point across in a manner that doesn't talk down, or cast judgment.

I hope there have not been times when it's been viewed otherwise. Recently I was labeled 'elitist' here - and I think it's important that regardless of one's credentials, you try and check your ego at the door. In putting yourself and your beliefs or philosophies 'out there' you expose yourself, however. And you learn that there are some who don't agree, and some who for selfish reasons, want to try and take you down a notch.

I remember meeting most of the 'famous' Jersey crew - who first were in SignCraft. I idolized them. But upon meeting them after I was first in SignCraft in 96, turned out they were just regular guys. Many are dear friends to this day.

I know this thread has nothing to do with me (sorry to hijack), I just thought the reactions were interesting. :)

ProWraps

dan i can say that i value your opinion and your advise. both because of what you say, and because of what you do. the do, being the difference between you and sergio. ive never professesed that he was a bad person nor that he didnt take care of his family which has been brought up here. for what reason i dont know why. but it is important to me that someone that is put on a level of an authority that they live up to what they say or write, or promote. all of which your business and your activities have done. so kudos to you. and thank you for your contributions.

i didnt start this thread as another "bash sergio" thread. this is no different to me, than when someone talks about our president. he said, and now what he does, is discussed, here. or liken it to any other leader in our lives, or our industry.

in my industry, sergio is a "leader". quite possibly, the only one. it matters to me what i read, support, and listen to is from someone that has the qualities to DO for the industry what he/she says in the mediums that i read, visit, promote, etc.

im disappointed in his track record on a professional level. on a personal level, i understand that we are all human and we may not fit into certain situations or jobs. but an established track record of failure from someone that has been raised to the level of what he has, is again, disappointing.

like i said before, there are many others, an no im not talking about myself, that have walked the walk, after they talked the talk. chris from az pro signs for one. he has become my mentor. and is someone that i respect a great deal and has given me GREAT priceless advice. i hope in the future the industry looks to itself to feature the people like chris that are doing both the talk and the walk day in and day out.

Ray Crock floated around so much, that his wife left him....Founder of McDonalds

These kind guys don't look for jobs...they create them.

my 2¢

Amen to that man.

Pat Whatley

Ray Kroc's wife divorced him because he was a workaholic after he started franchising McDonalds. He married again then left the second wife to marry the wife of a franchisee (talk about getting the shaft from corporate) Ray Kroc never "floated around"

Harland Sanders ran a successful gas station that sold chicken for 30 years. The chicken got to be so popular he bought a restaurant. They built an interstate past his town so business slowed so he franchised out his method and recipe.

Hi, welcome to the dumb F@#k side of things.

Look, I've never met Sergio, probably never will, and I don't give a rat's ass one way or the other what he does. Reading the post he made a while back, some of the other things he's said places, and how the people who've met him speak of him he sounds like a really nice and ambitious guy. If he's making a living doing wrap consulting and running a shop then more power to the man. I just don't understand why every time his name comes up it turns into a flame fest around here. WHO CARES?! Really? Nothing he says or does is going to effect 99.99% of the people in the business so why the animosity toward him? He's the Paris Hilton of the sign business. Think about it, he never starts the arguments, he never participates in the arguements, heck, he never comes to this site...yet people are willing to fight about it. It's crazy.

Had a fraternity brother who believed he had a 1 in 50 chance of getting laid in a bar so if he had to ask 50 women to find that one he was okay with it. He would literally walk up to a woman and say "Hi, so, you ready to go back to my place?" to the first woman he met. If she said no he'd move on to the one right next to her. EVERY SINGLE TIME I watched this happening he'd end up leaving with some chick who was feeling "adventurous".

We always believed that he'd caught so many STD's that they just kind of canceled each other out.

You may now return to your LOVE HIM/HATE HIM Sergio discussion.

what fraternity?

Gypsy

If you look up the word Consultant this is what it says:

Consultant
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For other uses, see Consultant (disambiguation).
A consultant (from the Latin consultare means "to discuss" from which we also derive words such as consul and counsel) is a professional who provides advice in a particular area of expertise such as management, accountancy, the environment, entertainment, technology, law (tax law, in particular), human resources, marketing, medicine, finance, life management, economics, public affairs, communication, engineering, sound system design, graphic design, or waste management.

A consultant is usually an expert or a professional in a specific field and has a wide knowledge of the subject matter. A consultant usually works for a consultancy firm or is self-employed, and engages with multiple and changing clients. Thus, clients have access to deeper levels of expertise than would be feasible for them to retain in-house, and may purchase only as much service from the outside consultant as desired. It is generally accepted good corporate governance to hire consultants as a check to the Principal-Agent problem.

So if Sergio is a consultant why all the crying about he does not stay in one place that is just the nature of his business.

Now can we move on to something else.