• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Shineright anyone?

animenick65

Our shop pretty much uses all arlon calendered vinyl. We got a sample of some nice red shineright from fellers. Their red is certainly alot "brighter" than arlons standard red. Can I expect better or on par performance and weedability with shineright? We would seriously consider switching if everything is at least on par with calplus. I will use the 3 yards they sent but I was wondering what everyone else though of the shineright compared to arlon.

TheSnowman

I use it for yard signs, and temp stuff, but that's all. It's great for weeding, I love it. Haven't ever used anything Arlon, nor would I even know where to buy it. It says 6 year on ShineRite, but I have no idea if that's true or not at this point. I'm cutting 20 golf tournament signs right now out of it, and I'm really happy so far.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
ShineRite is good for lots of applications, but since you brought up red.... that one doesn't do well outside. It will fade and they tell you that at Fellers. For the red, we use the DuroRed. Has a five year on exterior application.

luggnut

what vinyl do you use on everyday signs like DiBond or MDO. No one here would use Shinerite or Briteline? Is it that different from oracal 651? or do you always use cast media on these type signs

Jackpine

ShineRite is $67.50 12"x 50yds and you can expect 5 years out of it. Briteline is the the same and Grimco sells that. Both made GF.

OldPaint

doesn't Shinerite sell for $14 for a 50yd roll? I wouldn't expect much from it.
where do people hear this kinda crap???? amazing.
i USE NOTHING BUT SHINERITE/BRITELINE. for all signs where HP is not required. have been since FELLERS started selling it. before that i used GMI intermediate. THIS IS THE SAME VINYL. the red, in the florida sun, will get you 2-3 years without to much fade. but most things i put it on are not gona last that long.
it is 100 TIMES BETTER THEN ORACAL....weeds easy, you can almost "suiside weed" most things.
BUT....I STRESS THIS... to not let the weeded vinyl CONTACT the vinyl wou want for a sign...ITS GOT AN AGRESSIVE GLUE.... and usually you will wind up recuttin that letter.
i have SHINE RITE IN MOST COLORS in the 24" x 50 rolls. in fact i just ordered a new BLACK... used most of the last one on baseballfield signs.
i belive if you try it...YOU WILL BUY IT...

luggnut

the briteline (shinerite) inkjet media... i use it a lot on flat signs , MDO dibond etc... should i be using something else on a sign that's supposed to last 3-6 years?

FatCat

I second OP. I use Shinerite on everything that doesn't require hp vinyl. (Yard signs, banners, etc.) Only exception if the customer needs a special color and then I usually go with Oracal 651.

FWIW - I made a landscaper 10 yard signs out of the red shinerite last year. They were outside all year and some were even left in the ground over winter. He just brought them in to change a phone #. All of them look nearly as good as the day I made them.

gnatt66

ive used shinerite on the few jobs i've had so far. i just bought a 15x50 of white and i think it was $41.

works for me so far...as the stuff im cutting only has to last a matter of weeks. its shinier than 651 and cuts and weeds better, imo.

my only issue is, i dont think i'd be comfortable doing a truck door with it....but i would with 651. so i might have to have both on hand.

has anyone done any vehicles with it? long term experience?

EndlessOptions

Shinerite

I use it a lot and love it. Did this Monte Carlo with it

Attachments

• P5010076.jpg
    P5010076.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 207
  • P5010077.jpg
    P5010077.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 222

hammered

I use almost all Shinerite and Permacast since I can thermal print on both. The Shinerite color look very good even after a couple years on paintball equipment. And paintball can be extremely harsh on stickers. The adhesive is aggresive but both weed very nice. Shinerite is good price wise but most times Im finding Oracla 751 less expensive than Permacast at Fellers so....

particleman

Well, I can say without a doubt shinerite is a nice economy vinyl. I speak from experience we have used a lot of it.

signs2trade

imo shine rite is one of the best intermediate vinyls you can use. i have used it on vehicles in all colors with no problems or redos.