• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign Warehouse Package Purchase

Pinfinity

Thanx Jerry

I believe I made the right choice. I have several years experience in the sign industry...but I am relatively new to the purchase of digital equipment.

CentralSigns

My comment wasn't a bash or bashing of any kind. It was a smart comment, as I was surprised about the Home depot one before me. If you took it that way Bigdawg you obviously don't know me. Whatever, I've seen some very pointed bashes over the last 2 months but this wasn't one here. Oh and by the way I have 30 inch equipment and get along just fine.

MikePro

Prism jet vj48" printer, 54" Q cutter with arms, 54" Cold press laminator, material take up unit, 2 year in house warranty, starter kit, vinyls, ink, and cleaning supplies with shipping

jokes aside, i'da squeezed em for some tech. time, as well.
you may have gotten it :Welcome:
Still might be worth the extra coin to get a pro to set you up, regardless. If you're new to setting up rip software and profiles... its one hell of a headache worth paying for and you get a crash course in the process.

p.s. my mimaki prints 63" rolls... no big deal

p.s.s. :toasting:LITHUANIA VS. UNITED STATES FIBA SEMI-FINALS @ NOON!

JBarraxSW

We do offer free training at our facility in Denison. All printer, laser engraver, or vinyl cutter customers are invited to come by after they've gotten their equipment setup for a full day of classroom training with one of our tech support staff.
We offer setup assistance via our PSP tech support program and of course, a setup DVD with the printer. Most of our customers find these resources more than sufficient for startup, but onsite training is also available.

The profiling is actually pretty easy. The Mutoh intelligent interweave firmware makes the ValueJet and PrismJET VJ printers much less dependent on specific ICC Profiles for most work. I still recommend matching the profile to the media as closely as possible for fine tuning color, but for the most part, a similar profile will do.
And FlexiSign Pro comes with assortment to start with, so that part of the process is much easier these days. :)

trik

Pin, I think you will do fine with what you got, I bought a similar package from them. I do wish my sales person would have asked me about an extended warranty or training, that was something I really needed, I had no clue how to maintain the machine, learned some with my first service call from a tech, and their phone support was great as well. Only issue I had was a big one, 18 months in the motherboard went out on the printer, and no longer under warranty. Ouch! This was few years ago, I do actually have different equipment now, but I really liked the setup I had from them.

Take Jerry up on the training if you can take the time to go there and get it, you won't be disappointed, I was since I didn't do it.

Good luck!

Pinfinity

Than you Jerry, I will certainly take you up on the training for this equipment since this is my first purchase of digital printing equipment. I'd like to start off the right way to avoid future self learning and diagnostic problems.
Also, thank you for your support of my newbie question about my purchase. Being new to this forum, I didn't expect some of the negativity I received, but I guess it's par for the course! Thanks again. PS...Are there specific times when you offer the training, I live in NJ about 10 min from giant stadium.

ahollow

Welcome from South Jersey. I have an older Mutoh Rockhopper and a Graphtec cutter, so if there's anything I can do to help, just ask.

Pinfinity

Hey, thanx neighbor..thank you for the welcome...I'm not new to the sign industry, just starting up biz again and gettin geared up! don't care about the economy.
I'm certainly gonna have some issues I'm sure, so if you don't mind I'll pick your brain every once in a while if ok with you?
Hows tings in SJ?