• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Signmeup??????

skyhigh

Anyone in touch with Signmeup???? Checked his profile, and today makes 1 month exactly since he's been on.

gabagoo

I saw him on facebook chat yesterday and realized that I had not seen him in here and thought about asking but thought maybe I should leave it be....

Jillbeans

He's probably just busy carvin' or karate-ing.
Or some of the other cool things he gets up to.
Love....Jill

signmeup

Hey all. I'm fine. Nice of you to notice though. Can't believe I haven't been here for a whole month!

I was just busy making signs, working really hard to get my MG back on the road and working with my Daughter to get her second degree black belt.

Signs are getting more expensive from me which is a very good thing.

My MG is now drivable after being off the road for 10 years. It's gonna be in showroom new condition once it's finished but that sort of restoration takes a lot of time and effort. I even learned how to electroplate parts for this project.

And.... I'm proud to report that my Daughter is now a second degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do. (just like her Dad)

Now I have to get busy and work on my 3rd degree so she doesn't get to big for her britches.

Yo Adrien ;) ... Good to see you . Post up some photos of what you are currently working on, you make some of the best handcarved,non cnc dimensional signs that I have seen,it is always great to see your work.

I know that there are many members who have receny taken up an interest in dimensional signs & there has been multiple discussions regardig tools (specifically hot knives for cutting styro) which can be made using a variety of methods. However I recently found a small affodable hand held unit @ Hobby lobby coupled with a sheet of insulation foam or some scrap styro would give those who have the desire the ability to start experimenting & learning to sculpt dimensional sign elements & cut letters.

signmeup

You guys are too kind. I just keep making the same stuff over and over. Here's one of the latest. Same panel... same little oval sign insert. Oh well... as Daffy Duck would say... it's a livin'.

Attachments

• IMG_5942copy.jpg
    IMG_5942copy.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 52

skyhigh

Don't get me wrong, I didn't miss ya. I just meant, it seemed kinda quiet and peaceful around here lately. :cool:
OK.... and maybe....just maybe, I got used to seeing you post up pictures of the current projects (sweet) you were working on.

:wink:

rjssigns

You guys are too kind. I just keep making the same stuff over and over. Here's one of the latest. Same panel... same little oval sign insert. Oh well... as Daffy Duck would say... it's a livin'.

One can derive a certain comfort from production work. I love pulling "canned" pieces into the RIP and clicking O.K. It sure beats the heck out of the ones that have you pulling your hair out.

signage

Adrien any picture of this MG? Lets see what it looked like before you started and how it's coming along!

signmeup

I'll see what I can dig up for before. It was very nasty before. This is "during"... I'm thinking of calling it "Edward" because it's not finished yet...

I don't have time to work on it any more until winter. It should look pretty nice by spring though. I have to install the interior and the roof and windows and lots of other niggly bits. It works great though... lots of fun to drive. I'm amazed that even in it's current state it draws people like a magnet.

The very last step is to paint it.

Attachments

• MGenginebay.jpg
    MGenginebay.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 81
  • MGunderside.jpg
    MGunderside.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 79
  • MGsuspension.jpg
    MGsuspension.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 81
  • Mirror-004.jpg
    Mirror-004.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 79

signmeup

Thanks Brian. Everything that is finished is as good or better than new. I even taught myself how to electroplate parts so I could get the correct finishes on all the parts that needed re-plating.

The bottom 6" of the car's body was replaced with new panels from England as the original ones were lost to rust. I've had the car for 30 years so it has some sentimental value. I would have looked for a better example to start from if it weren't for this.

signmeup

Yep... genuine Dunlop wires with Rudge- Whitworth hubs and all. I converted the car from steel disc wheels to wires on account of the cool factor of wires. For those who don't know, the wheels are held on by that one big nut in the centre. You use a special short wrench and a lead hammer to "knock" them on or off.