• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Silly Question ... Spray Bottles

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I know this may be a lame question, but does anyone recommend a good spray bottle? I've bought several kinds and they all seam to break within a month or two.... some last only a few days. I'm only using them for alcohol, soapy water and windex.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We get most of them at the dollar store. They break and for a dollar, we get more. We also recycle the ones from Rapid Tac and some other commercial sprayers with whatever in them.

Joe House

I've got a couple from the Depot that have lasted me more than a few years - though i don't reach for them as often as some might. And I've got alcohol in one of them, so it holds up to that level of solvent anyway.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
We get most of them at the dollar store. They break and for a dollar, we get more. We also recycle the ones from Rapid Tac and some other commercial sprayers with whatever in them.

I've gotten some good ones at walmart but they break too... No big deal $$ wise but it's getting annoying. Maybe I ought to just keep a bunch of spare bottles on the truck.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We do. Probably have 20 of them laying around and 1 or 2 extras in each truck. We try to keep most things in both trucks with an additional amount in the bucket. Bug spray, machete, bungies, clamps, rope, oil, slights, extra shirts, jackets, socks and underwear, toilet paper, revolver, tape(s), squeegees, and the tool bins are mostly full of nuts, bolts, pop rivets and just about everything ya can think of. Oh yeah, Bushmill. One hidden in every compartment.

gabagoo

I get them from the dollar store although they are $3.50 but they are pretty good. I have bought 3 or 4 of the type you pump up and get continuous spray from but they always break..great idea though

petepaz

the spray bottles from fellers so far have lasted me the longest. they do still break or leak but i keep a few extra spray handles for emergencies. the bottle itself doesn't break usually its the spray handle. either falls off the ladder or the chemical fouls it up. i would say i usually get at least a year out of one of them except the adhesive remover bottle. those are the ones i am usually replacing. the rapid tac and denatured alcohol not too many issues.

AKwrapguy

I know this may be a lame question, but does anyone recommend a good spray bottle? I've bought several kinds and they all seam to break within a month or two.... some last only a few days. I'm only using them for alcohol, soapy water and windex.

Not a silly question at all. We use these, I've had one for over 10 years. They are awesome. Great squeeze action, durable and chem resistant. They only time I've seen one fail is when it has fallen and physically broken.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Not a silly question at all. We use these, I've had one for over 10 years. They are awesome. Great squeeze action, durable and chem resistant. They only time I've seen one fail is when it has fallen and physically broken.
The grey Spraymaster is all we we use mostly. Good for alcohol, rapid remover, water, etc. Not the best for Rapid Tac, as we prefer a finer misting sprayer. For that we use a couple like this - can be found at Beauty Supply stores.

Attachments

• SBS-292107.jpg
    SBS-292107.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 145

JR's

I like
Solo Handheld Sprayer, Polyethylene Tank Material, 1/4 gal., 40 psi Max Sprayer Pressure

Attachments

• solo.jpg
    solo.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 145

rjssigns

I concur with Gino. I buy the small ones from Dollar Tree. I only fill them halfway so they float. If one does sink to the bottom no great loss.