• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Snark-Free Response Forum

Do you want a SNARK-FREE forum?

• I want and would contribute to the Snark Free Discussions

Votes: 41 29.9%
  • SNARKYNESS FOREVER. Grow a thicker skin, newb!

Votes: 61 44.5%
  • Snark-free is okay with me. I'll just ingore the discussions I can't be positive on.

Votes: 35 25.5%

• Total voters

fresh

So, if any of this bothers you, don't ever ask me a direct question and your little feelings will be spared. :covereyes:

Gino, I love the little unnecessary jab at the end. Its so you.

Anyway, I completely understand the frustration you have with answering the same questions over and over. Did you ever think about the number of repeat questions a teacher endures on a daily basis? Ugh! The same group of kids can ask the same thing 20 times, even though you already explained the solution what feels like a million times already.

I guess that is what separates the educators from the rest of the group. Thank you for the candid response.

FrankenSigns.biz

There is no doubt this place has to be among the rudest forums I've ever visited. It has value there is absolutely no doubt just due to the sheer size of the traffic it enjoys. There are a few very nice people here. But S101 will not last forever, this is a fact. I feel it is poorly run and not managed well at all. But what comes along next might be better or it might be worse. Who knows?

I'm not 100% sure but my guess is the rudest are the ones that do not identify themselves but there are certainly exceptions. I think this place could be a lot friendlier and people who are bullies could easily be called out. Someone here knows everyone's IP address. It could be done and in an appropriate way.

S101 members could be more helpful and less disdainful and certainly less confrontational. But this is the internet right? Pfft to that. There is a petulant attitude here and the bullies are backed up by other bullies. They stick together like turd. They'll come out after my post and you'll be able to pick them out like the pieces of corn that they are.

Those who ask for help, and offer help should probably take up for one another, but then they'd be bullying the bullies and the nice ones are far above that fray.

Like the'll say, you can get what you can get from this place, but if you don't like getting treated like feces by the feces that dominate this place, go somewhere else, instead of suggesting this place should smell like Fabreeze.

HulkSmash

There is no doubt this place has to be among the rudest forums I've ever visited. It has value there is absolutely no doubt just due to the sheer size of the traffic it enjoys. There are a few very nice people here. but S101 will not last forever, this is a fact. I feel it is poorly run and not managed well at all. But what comes along next might be better or it might be worse. Who knows?

I'm not 100% sure but my guess is the rudest are the ones that do not identify themselves but there are certainly exceptions. I think this place could be a lot friendlier and people who are bullies could easily be called out. Someone here knows everyone's IP address. It could be done and in an appropriate way.

S101 members could be more helpful and less disdainful and certainly less confrontational. But this is the internet right? Pfft to that. There is a petulant attitude here and the bullies are backed up by other bullies. They stick together like turd. They'll come out after my post and you'll be able to pick them out like the pieces of corn that they are.

Those who ask for help, and offer help should probably take up for one another, but then they'd be bullying the bullies and the nice ones are far above that fray.

Like the'll say, you can get what you can get from this place, but if you don't like getting treated like feces by the feces that dominate this place, go somewhere else, instead of suggesting this place should smell like Fabreeze.

The reason this place is still around, and will stay around, is because people are allowed to speak their mind.
Most mods would just delete your post, on any other forum like it never existed. People like freedom of speech, no one likes a limit. Most places that have rules like that in place are the ones that die.

I think it's ran the right way.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Gino, I love the little unnecessary jab at the end. Its so you. That's not a jab.... it's a truth written in a manner which you can't handle. Sweet & simple, but then that's evident.

Anyway, I completely understand the frustration you have with answering the same questions over and over. Did you ever think about the number of repeat questions a teacher endures on a daily basis? Ugh! The same group of kids can ask the same thing 20 times, even though you already explained the solution what feels like a million times already.

You are either more stoopid than I gave you credit for, or you just wanna play reindeer games.

I guess that is what separates the educators from the rest of the group. Thank you for the candid response.

Yes, quite candid, since I knew you would go in this direction. You are so predictable.

I guess it's just beyond your comprehension, but your analogy is alright if you were talking about kids trying to learn and each new school year getting new kids and starting all over, but we're not like that here at s101. Are we ?? We're all dropped into the same class and expected to all be on a level playing field. News flash, we're not all equal and my guess is, the people nor knowing jack already know they don't know jack. They're easy to pick out. Those who appear to wanna help themselves and get better will let you know instantly. They have what it takes to improve, but like the bad little kid that keeps asking the same question over and over and over and over and over and over and gives lip, they get put in a corner so they don't disrupt those who wanna learn. Sure, they're given a few sharp remarks and when they don't respond, they're dealt with appropriately.

So, you wanna be a school teacher and teach to a class of kids who do you in by pulling at your nerves ?? Right, you set them straight and let them know, there will be no misbehaving in my classroom. Wanna challenge that ?? There's the door and you can march yourself right into the principal's office and wait for your punishment for being a problem. When do you let a class of 40 kids dictate how you will run your class. Cripes, with your mentality, you'd barely get a lesson done a week when you need to get 5 or 6 a day under your belt. Yep, you're a fine one to be spouting off.

Fred does a very - very good job of running this place and has quite the knack for pinpointing problems, but the one he mentioned as for some people being rude..... will never be solved

So, you feel the attitude in here has gotten much worse in the more recent times ?? Are tempers and accusations taking a soar in the same time frame. What do you think it might be ??

• Competition ??
  • Lack or work ??
  • Too many noobies ??
  • Greed ??
  • Knowledge... or lack of ??
  • Stoopidness ??

No rudeness and not letting the sunshine shine in. :cool:

FrankenSigns.biz

What you're not taking into account is how one would go about implementing your vision. Rudeness is subjective at best. By any other name and regardless of the good intentions behind it, the net result of management censoring posts and reprimanding members would be their departure.

Rudeness is not subjective, it is in your face and as undeniable as two big hairy nostrils.

How is the departure of those who are CONSISTIENTLY rude and unhelpful a problem for S101?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Rudeness is not subjective, it is in your face and as undeniable as two big hairy nostrils.

How is the departure of those who are CONSISTIENTLY rude and unhelpful a problem for S101?

I couldn't disagree more. It is totally subjective in its nature and in its degree. Further it is subject to a second layer of subjectivity when you evaluate the ratio of helpfulness to rudeness. What you might call rude, I might not and vice-versa. I do find it interesting though that many who complain about rudeness add far less in terms of helpfulness to others than do many whose posting style is abrupt, blunt and unwilling to "suffer a fool".

The problem with what I assume is your solution ... dump the rude members, is that most of the banished are the same ones who offer the best replies and help. Some of them expect to be respected when they do and not responded to with denials and comebacks. Others feel there is a certain etiquette that should be observed, such as introducing oneself before asking for help. Many find some seeking help as unprepared and/or unfit to be in the business and hurt others with low prices and poor quality as demonstrated by the questions asked, grammar and spelling used and responses made.

In the final analysis though, and I state this with no rudeness intended, I sincerely feel that your observations, criticisms, priorities and conclusions demonstrate your lack of experience or understanding of what is involved in running a big board. I submit that if you did for one day what I do everyday, you would withdraw your statements. Secondly, if you bought me out and ran Signs 101 as you seem to think it should be run, you would close it down within six months wondering where everybody went.

FrankenSigns.biz

I never said this was a snark-free zone. Snark away.

I'm not suggesting the entire site be snark free. Far from it. I would just like a little All Holds Barred corner. ONE small space where I can browse and not be disgusted by the human race. A page where all the responses are civil and productive. Even if its empty, it will be my sanctuary. Free from people who think treating others like garbage is a full-time job. Filled with encouraging and positive remarks. If Fred thinks that having one page where people are required to post with manners is going to cause a reduction in traffic to this site, than we are all damned. Seriously. We all might as well just give up on the human race.

Fred, this is the antithesis of the NHB, this is a great idea and you will ignore it.

fresh

I couldn't disagree more. It is totally subjective in its nature and in its degree. Further it is subject to a second layer of subjectivity when you evaluate the ratio of helpfulness to rudeness. What you might call rude, I might not and vice-versa. I do find it interesting though that many who complain about rudeness add far less in terms of helpfulness to others than do many whose posting style is abrupt, blunt and unwilling to "suffer a fool".

The problem with what I assume is your solution ... dump the rude members, is that most of the banished are the same ones who offer the best replies and help. Some of them expect to be respected when they do and not responded to with denials and comebacks. Others feel there is a certain etiquette that should be observed, such as introducing oneself before asking for help. Many find some seeking help as unprepared and/or unfit to be in the business and hurt others with low prices and poor quality as demonstrated by the questions asked, grammar and spelling used and responses made.

In the final analysis though, and I state this with no rudeness intended, I sincerely feel that your observations, criticisms, priorities and conclusions demonstrate your lack of experience or understanding of what is involved in running a big board. I submit that if you did for one day what I do everyday, you would withdraw your statements. Secondly, if you bought me out and ran Signs 101 as you seem to think it should be run, you would close it down within six months wondering where everybody went.

Fred, I ask this politely, WHERE DID ANYONE SAY DUMP THE RUDE MEMBERS? I actually even said:
When someone writes something that isn't so nice or helpful, it demeans all of us. Also, I never said that people who troll are never helpful. On the contrary, the most obnoxious members here are perhaps the most knowledgeable.

I'm just requesting a friendly oasis. Those who feel compelled to answer inappropriately, will be deleted. You move/delete inappropriate posts all the time. As it stands right now, more than half the community is for a page where rudeness is not allowed. Everything else stays the same. Remember when Edna came around, you started a Spoof page? I'm kindly requesting the same consideration.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
this reminds me of the old days....

all we need is isign to chime in, then again he's in maui livin the dream.......

rock on NHB and AHB.....

FrankenSigns.biz

Let me tell you all something. I have been in business for myself since I was 12 years old, I kid you not. I am comparatively successful, in fact more successfull than anyone I grew up with or ever knew. I am full of sage advice. If I lost everything tomorrow I'd be back on my feet in months if not weeks. Do I want to share what I know around here? By and large, no. Will I share what what I know elselwhere? I would and I have. With the attitude that pervades S101 it is indeed the worst part of humanity. Some of these sots gleefully gang up on what they perceive as the less knowledgeable, the stupids the trolls, the noobs. They think it's funny, they take pride in their little gangs. Makes 'em feel superior somehow I think.

There are no stupid questions. There are no stupid questions. There are NO stupid questions.

If you had a place where everyone was helpful and civilized I might be willing to impart some of what I know and what I have learned and what has made me successful.

Techman

IF one finds themselves trying in vain to stop the snarkyness,, all they have to do is type two keys,,

The ALT key and at the same time press F4. Fixes it all.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Let me tell you all something. I have been in business for myself since I was 12 years old, I kid you not. I am comparatively successful, in fact more successfull than anyone I grew up with or ever knew. I am full of sage advice. If I lost everything tomorrow I'd be back on my feet in months if not weeks. Do I want to share what I know around here? By and large, no. Will I share what what I know elselwhere? I would and I have. With the attitude that pervades S101 it is indeed the worst part of humanity. Some of these sots gleefully gang up on what they perceive as the less knowledgeable, the stupids the trolls, the noobs. They think it's funny, they take pride in their little gangs. Makes 'em feel superior somehow I think.

There are no stupid questions. There are no stupid questions. There are NO stupid questions.

If you had a place where everyone was helpful and civilized I might be willing to impart some of what I know and what I have learned and what has made me successful.

Perhaps you should lead by example instead of seeking a quid pro quo.

The thousands of members who offer help without any strings attached may now be questioning their decision.

fresh

I guess it's just beyond your comprehension, but your analogy is alright if you were talking about kids trying to learn and each new school year getting new kids and starting all over, but we're not like that here at s101. Are we ?? We're all dropped into the same class and expected to all be on a level playing field. News flash, we're not all equal and my guess is, the people nor knowing jack already know they don't know jack. They're easy to pick out. Those who appear to wanna help themselves and get better will let you know instantly. They have what it takes to improve, but like the bad little kid that keeps asking the same question over and over and over and over and over and over and gives lip, they get put in a corner so they don't disrupt those who wanna learn. Sure, they're given a few sharp remarks and when they don't respond, they're dealt with appropriately.

So, you wanna be a school teacher and teach to a class of kids who do you in by pulling at your nerves ?? Right, you set them straight and let them know, there will be no misbehaving in my classroom. Wanna challenge that ?? There's the door and you can march yourself right into the principal's office and wait for your punishment for being a problem. When do you let a class of 40 kids dictate how you will run your class. Cripes, with your mentality, you'd barely get a lesson done a week when you need to get 5 or 6 a day under your belt. Yep, you're a fine one to be spouting off.

Fred does a very - very good job of running this place and has quite the knack for pinpointing problems, but the one he mentioned as for some people being rude..... will never be solved

So, you feel the attitude in here has gotten much worse in the more recent times ?? Are tempers and accusations taking a soar in the same time frame. What do you think it might be ??

• Competition ??
  • Lack or work ??
  • Too many noobies ??
  • Greed ??
  • Knowledge... or lack of ??
  • Stoopidness ??

No rudeness and not letting the sunshine shine in. :cool:

Gino, you are really the most predictable person here. Lemme make a few more predictions... 1. You have high blood pressure, 2. You have family that won't speak to you, 3. You try to make up for what you lack at home by posting long-winded nonsense on internet forums.

You're always attempting to prove how superior you are to everyone else. There are so many people on this board who are inspiring to everyone, but you just disgust me. And its a pity, because you clearly could be a good person, but instead you choose to be an a$$. Out of the 10K plus posts you have under your belt, what percent are actually constructive vs. obnoxious?

Pretty please won't you write another diatribe that no one will read explaining how you pick and choose who you think is most worthy of your golden skills and information?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Gino, you are really the most predicable person here. Lemme make a few more predictions... 1. You have high blood pressure, 2. You have family that won't speak to you, 3. You try to make up for what you lack at home by posting long-winded, nonsense on internet forums.

You're always attempting to prove how superior you are to everyone else. There are so many people on this board who are inspiring to everyone, but you just disgust me. And its a pity, because you clearly could be a good person, but instead you choose to be an a$$. Out of the 10K plus posts you have under your belt, what percent are actually constructive vs. obnoxious?

Pretty please won't you write another diatribe that no one will read explaining how you pick and choose who you think is most worthy of your golden skills and information?

I think you just locked yourself out of any snark free zone Fred might be tempted to let us have....

wayne k
guam usa

fresh

I think you just locked yourself out of any snark free zone Fred might be tempted to let us have....

wayne k
guam usa

Shucks! But I never even asked anyone to play nice here. Fred has said time and time again he has no desire to police inappropriate or rude posts because that wouldn't be helpful to the community. I'm just playing by his rules.

John Butto

This post has been "snarked"

I am going to take Fresh's thoughts and start to snark posts. When I really want to say something because I feel someone is being, in my thought, sneaky or deceitful they will be "snarked" with my S.N.A.R.K. icon.

Last edited:

Baz

This place is full of people ... Got it??? .. People ... People who have bad days, good days, some are more agressive personalities than others and so on. Get it? ... It's like the real world. You have to weed out what you like and don't like., Why on earth should we all accomodate one way of thinking? That's pretty much what you would like no?

To me that's philosophical hippie talk.

If you can't take it then get out.

And for some insight on my comments. I am having some beers now and feel kinda snarky.

John ... I would like my icon in high res please!