• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Snark-Free Response Forum

Do you want a SNARK-FREE forum?

• I want and would contribute to the Snark Free Discussions

Votes: 41 29.9%
  • SNARKYNESS FOREVER. Grow a thicker skin, newb!

Votes: 61 44.5%
  • Snark-free is okay with me. I'll just ingore the discussions I can't be positive on.

Votes: 35 25.5%

• Total voters

SignosaurusRex

Gino, you are really the most predictable person here. Lemme make a few more predictions... 1. You have high blood pressure, 2. You have family that won't speak to you, 3. You try to make up for what you lack at home by posting long-winded nonsense on internet forums.

You're always attempting to prove how superior you are to everyone else. There are so many people on this board who are inspiring to everyone, but you just disgust me. And its a pity, because you clearly could be a good person, but instead you choose to be an a$$. Out of the 10K plus posts you have under your belt, what percent are actually constructive vs. obnoxious?

Pretty please won't you write another diatribe that no one will read explaining how you pick and choose who you think is most worthy of your golden skills and information?

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Oh Please! Dr. Fresh, you are soooooo far out in left field. Something tells me that you don't have .... oh, never mind. :covereyes:

fresh

I am going to take Fresh's thoughts and start to snark posts. When I really want to say something because I feel someone is being, in my thought, sneaky or deceitful they will be "snarked" with my S.N.A.R.K. icon.

Brilliant! Thank you! Can we all use your icon for snarking threads?

xxtoni

Oh boy. You're new to the interwebz aren't you ?

I haven't found a single forum on the internet, ever where people aren't snarky when confronted with stupid questions, EVER. The "best" you can hope for in that regard is that the forum has a lot of trigger happy moderators that just delete pretty much anything that could be mildly offensive and such a community won't last more than 6 months.

There is a reason why people are snarky, a lot of people want to be spoonfed. I actually consider signs101 to be one of the most civil communities out there, probably cause the general population is somewhat older than on the average forum. On any other forum if you ask a question that's been answered 10-20 times you will get 10 replies all saying "Use search noob/derp/idiot/newb.

I can totally relate why people are annoyed when someone asks basic questions. Do some ******* research before asking something as most of us do. You should only open a new thread with a question if you can't find your answer anywhere else or if you would like more opinions or options. If you have already done research point that out in your thread and explain what you've found so far. Maybe someone else will stumble upon your thread, see your findings and learn something new that they didn't know before, happens every day.

Even if you made it a rule that you can't be snarky, how would you implement this ?

If you went to a sign guy in real life and asked someone how to do something they would likely basically tell you to go **** yourself. Here you're getting useful information and advice for free from a very nice community. If someone can't deal with integrating into a community, all of which have their own rules and customs, then you are usually rejected one way or another.

Techman

some of the really stoopid question are snarky in themselves..

Can I use glue to hang this sign panel over a doorway?"

OR, How do I glue two sheets of coro together?".

Or, Can I use two sided banner tape to hang this alumapanel?

C'mon.. Doesn't these kind of questions merit some kind if snarky answer?

These kinds of questions violate basic common sense to the point that some wonder if they are for real or not.

xxtoni

some of the really stoopid question are snarky in themselves..

Can I use glue to hang this sign panel over a doorway?"

OR, How do I glue two sheets of coro together?".

Or, Can I use two sided banner tape to hang this alumapanel?

C'mon.. Doesn't these kind of questions merit some kind if snarky answer?

These kinds of questions violate basic common sense to the point that some wonder if they are for real or not.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This, this , a million times this.

Techman

my old sig,

If you find my posts offensive, divisive or otherwise snarky please ignore it. If you do not know how to ignore,, Pm me and I will demonstrate.

Marlene

I'm not suggesting the entire site be snark free. Far from it. I would just like a little All Holds Barred corner. ONE small space where I can browse and not be disgusted by the human race. A page where all the responses are civil and productive. Even if its empty, it will be my sanctuary. Free from people who think treating others like garbage is a full-time job. Filled with encouraging and positive remarks. If Fred thinks that having one page where people are required to post with manners is going to cause a reduction in traffic to this site, than we are all damned. Seriously. We all might as well just give up on the human race.

here's a thought, you could start your own site and run it the way you want to and hang out in your own little sancturary. yes, I think we all get sick of the fist fights around here from time to time but all in all, this is a good site and when and if Fred wants some ideas, I'm sure he will ask. until then, it is his site, not yours so don't expect it to be run your way

mopar691

If I am correct wasn't someone butthurt before and that's how signs201 came about? And just look at how well they did.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Every now and then some emotional child and/or graduate of Pollyanna U. drifts into these waters requesting or even demanding everyone make nice. Always to their standards of nice and usually featuring their very own versions of verbal rainbows, lollipops, and puppies.

While these specimens are always as entertaining as they are irksome, the ones that feel the need to respond to most every response to their original post are particularly tedious as well as annoying.

Here on this sand pile there's just words. The only way words can hurt you is if someone smacks you in the mouth with a dictionary or backs a truckload of newspapers over you. The way it works in these sorts of fora is you get to post whatever it might please you to post. Others get to post whatever it might please them to post. You and you alone are responsible for what you read. You and you alone are responsible for any perceived grievance, be it being offended, annoyed, or whatever. It's your choice, you deal with it.

One person's textual wet willie is another's revelation. Moreover, among those not terminally serious, there are many to whom this site far more a source of entertainment than a fount of vital information. Beings such as yourself often benefit from learning to separate the message from the package in which it's delivered as well as develop at least a modest appreciation for the sarcastic and cynical arts.

No doubt your momma once told you [the following is most often attributed to a momma] "If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything." Unfortunately, this bit of homey wisdom is flawed. If momma merely would have left out the word 'nice' yielding "If you don't have anything to say then don't say anything." then the old gal would have been on to something resembling sound advice. Any instance that others make nice would seem to fall into the category of having nothing to say.

In other words, put a sock in it.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Gino, you are really the most predictable person here. Lemme make a few more predictions... 1. You have high blood pressure, 2. You have family that won't speak to you, 3. You try to make up for what you lack at home by posting long-winded nonsense on internet forums.

You're always attempting to prove how superior you are to everyone else. There are so many people on this board who are inspiring to everyone, but you just disgust me. And its a pity, because you clearly could be a good person, but instead you choose to be an a$$. Out of the 10K plus posts you have under your belt, what percent are actually constructive vs. obnoxious?

Pretty please won't you write another diatribe that no one will read explaining how you pick and choose who you think is most worthy of your golden skills and information?

So, are you making predictions or assumptions ?? See, you can't even speak/write in a normal fashion.

I must say, I'm sorry to disgust you, but if that's how you feel, it must be appropriate, becasue as bob just said, you, and you alone are responsible for how the world affects you. Also, zeroing on me will not solve your problems. Your problems and how you deal with them is on you, and you alone, again.

Anyway, just suffice it to say, you have very little backing in your crusades for a happy snark-free s101. It is was it is and it will continue to grow without your lousy 2¢ and the big guys/gals will continue to banter back and forth and will always be helping out the little guy, should they really require help............... and not pity. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

HulkSmash

The Irony in this thread i just plain epic.

The op said if you have nothing nice to say don't say it... as he flat out smashes Gino.

Marlene

The Irony in this thread i just plain epic.

The op said if you have nothing nice to say don't say it... as he flat out smashes Gino.​

so, how is that non-snarky everyone should be nice working out for you so far Fresh? what you said to Gino was out of line totally and probably the most snarky comment on the site. now can we just go back to being sign people who once in while snap at another memeber?

Shadowglen

rottenecard_47641294_mxx8kthqvk.png

Attachments

• pity-party.jpg
    pity-party.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 271

Terremoto

For all of those that suggest, "Use the search function on this board before you come charging in here demanding an answer," I have this to say, "Have you ever actually tried the search function on this board?" It sucks!

Dan

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
For all of those that suggest, "Use the search function on this board before you come charging in here demanding an answer," I have this to say, "Have you ever actually tried the search function on this board?" It sucks!

Dan

It's much better than it was before our last upgrade. It now accepts Boolean modifiers and has multiple choice of what content to search. Have you tried it? As a backup, at Google try "Signs101.com: keyword". Here's an example.