• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Snow storm???

Robert M

Snow?

Don't look for that snow to be melting anytime soon. Denver may go to
-24 tonight. Cold but only 2" of snow

RMXGRAPHIX

Its sunny & 75 Thinking about going for a motorcycle ride... Yea I wish. Its cold, windy/blowing snow. I have been plowing snow all day

"Deposit Please"

Blizzard

Just measured outside the back shop door. Snow drifts running along the building already measuring 24" to 26" inches.

Attachments

• IMG_1058.jpg
    IMG_1058.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 80

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
gfield2.gif
It's so boring here in Florida ... sunny all the time. I sit here in my bathing suit, short sleeves and bare feet in absolute envy of the joy you must all be feeling. Kinda makes me get that old brrrrrrrr feeling I used to get when I lived in Maryland. Maybe I'll put on some slippers.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I fondly recall one of those truly white knuckle days one gets to have precious few times in a lifetime. I flew into Chicago O'Hare for a meeting with some folks in mid-winter. It was a few degrees below zero and there was literally six inches of solid ice in the road with troughs and potholes in it from the traffic. The wind was whipping up at near gale force and the wind-chill factor was supposedly -40°.

So I'm standing at the curb of the pickup terminal wondering if one's lungs can freeze from just breathing when a Lincoln Town Car comes hurtling at me and slides to a halt. "Jump in Fred" said my friend Bob.

Inside the Town Car was nice and warm and toasty. The streets were, rightly so, near deserted and Bob drove us to his office in Elk Grove Village at no less than 60 MPH the whole way. I was so terrified I found myself longing for the frigid air back on that terminal sidewalk and I was sure I was going to die. I don't think Bob ever realized the lasting impression he and Chicago in mid-winter had made on me.

There was only one white knuckle experience that exceeded that one. It had to do with a stepson who was very proud of his Toyota four wheeler and the 30° ride we took down a dry river bed with three foot high boulders in Alaska. But that's another tale for another time.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Looking bad here
At least an inch of solid ice....
Auto-defrost is on the blink and we will have to go with manual removal.
Wish me luck.

wayne k
guam usa

Attachments

• iced-over.jpg
    iced-over.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 107

"Deposit Please"

Blizzard

Opened up my front door this morning and found this. Wind gusts were clocked at 61 mph at O'hare intl & 70 mph along lakefront. LSD ( lakeshoredrive) became a parking lot ...Let the winter games begin

Attachments

• IMG_1062.jpg
    IMG_1062.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 96

Steve C.

I think all those Steeler and Packer fans brought their weather down here
with them.... I don't know how you people up north stand it. Just can't deal
with temps in the TEENS! Wind chill below 0. Aughhhhhhhhhhh!!!

ONLINE SIGN GUY

Snow Storm.....Just a bit

Our son had a appt at the University of Iowa this morning at 7:45, we knew the weather was coming so we planned ahead and got a hotel in the same town 2 miles away, t was storming last night, decent snow fall, tons of wind...we woke up this morning to this...

Now keep in mind, this was in front of the exit door, we didn't get plowed out of the hotel till 2:45 this afternoon...the hotel only had 1 shovel....yes, 1 shovel...no snow blower or plow...

Also remember we are in Iowa....its -15 degrees, we have snow 4 months out of the year...we are used to it.

Chalk it up to poor planning on the hotels fault.

Oh and by the way, the 2nd pic...that snow drift is our minivan!

Attachments

• IMG00227-20110202-0628.jpg
    IMG00227-20110202-0628.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG00228-20110202-0628.jpg
    IMG00228-20110202-0628.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 113

Marlene

what a mess! stayed home yesterday as we got hammered with a ton of snow. the drive in this morning was nasty. I spent the day playing Final Fantsay VIII only to find out I messed up on who I was playing and on the weapons I leveled up, ugh. got all the way to the end and can't beat the boss, crap. so you can see I spent my snow day wisely! had to start the game over, boo