• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Snow storm???

gabagoo

yup we are supposed to get 30 cm which is about a foot. I for one will be in no hurry tomorrow to come to work as I know the phones will be quiet and generally the traffic will be brutal.
I shall spend the day shovelling the driveway and walking the dog...maybe I can hook her up to the tobogan and she can MUSH me around~~

iSign

Keep waitin........ :rolleyes:

on average, we only get snow on the summit of Haleakala once every 5 years or so... but we got a little 10 days ago!

mauisnow.jpg

(photo courtesy of Maui News)

Baz

I guess we are at the northern tip of this storm. We are supposed to start getting snow this evening and tomorow. Just about 20cm of the stuff (about 8 inches). Not enough to stop a work day thats for sure.

TheSellOut

The snow has stopped here for now but we got at least 6" overnight through the morning here. Now we are in a Winter Storm Warning and are expecting at least another 6" by tomorrow! I love it...I'm shutting down shop in a few to take my 2yr daughter sleigh riding for the first time ever!!!

Tony Teveris

Started at about 4;30am, almost everyone has gone home or at least hit the road.
This is the best winter ever - I which I were a kid again. I've been snowblowing everywhere, paths to the bird feeders, path for the oilman, etc

As Kramer would say, "I'm love'n it"

showcase 66

The snow has stopped here for now but we got at least 6" overnight through the morning here. Now we are in a Winter Storm Warning and are expecting at least another 6" by tomorrow! I love it...I'm shutting down shop in a few to take my 2yr daughter sleigh riding for the first time ever!!!
Sounds like fun.

Im going golfing (I mean Business Meeting) in couple of hours. Wind is starting to pick up. 59 right now and tomorrow it is suppose to be 37.

rcook99

Nothing here yet! But they are calling for 12-18in by tomorrow night. Snowblower is gassed up and ready to throw the snow to the neighbors house. Lol

signmeup

Crap! It's starting to sprinkle here and I gotta go to the airport tonight to pick up my wife. Hour and a half drive each way (in the summer). They're calling for 20cm by midnight and high winds. Visibility generally sucks. Should be a journey into hell...

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Crap! It's starting to sprinkle here and I gotta go to the airport tonight to pick up my wife. Hour and a half drive each way (in the summer). They're calling for 20cm by midnight and high winds. Visibility generally sucks. Should be a journey into hell...

Call her and tell her to go back to wherever she came from on account of bad weather. I'm sure the airlines will be accommodating........ :toasting:

It's raining and sleeting here. Everything is freezing as soon as it hits the ground. I told everyone to go home. It's very slippery out there. I'm gonna wait until mid-afternoon so most of the idiots are off the road. Just THIS idiot will be out there.

I don't hear many cars or anything going by, so it must be that other than the other idiots like me.... most people have gone home for the day. Problem is, my driveway is really steep. I don't think I'm gonna get up it today. I have one more quote I'm gonna finish up and then I'm outta here.

We are slated to get up to 2 FEET with 50mph winds.... yuck!
Starting in about 2 hours. We have already got about 4-6 inches today and the wind is starting to pick up..... oh boy.

Big House Signs

Whew! MD got lucky. Last night freezing rain....was very slick this morning. Schools were closed. But it has actually warmed up. They are saying maybe .25" of sleet tonight. Soo glad! 49 days til spring!

"Deposit Please"

...Here we go. It is 2:34 chicago cst. Possibly a Historic Chicago Blizzard of 2011 just started here too.

Last edited:
S

SignTech

Expecting 15-20 inches Wednesday... actually not a shocker for us ...

gabagoo

I think we are going to get the big storm that is coming up from Texas and then it is going to colide with the high wind Chicago storm. This should be interesting.

Nothing like watching the storm from your bedroom window all cozy...and then theres watching the storm from your office window wondering how the %^$ am I gonna get home!!! :banghead: