• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Soooo......

Pat Whatley

I'm really trying to not go off on tangents about other peoples artwork these days. A look back on some of the stuff I was damn proud of five years ago made me cringe so I'm trying to cut the world a little slack.

Then I get brought finished artwork like this. I don't even know how to respond. I'm sure somebody worked really, really hard on it and I'm sure they did the best they could, and I'm sure they're really happy with the results. Usually I can take bad artwork, make a few tweaks to it and make it more legible, but in this case I don't think I can do anything with it without starting over.

How is this possibly supposed to work for yard signs?

Attachments

• Night out with First Lady 2.jpg
    Night out with First Lady 2.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 89

Gino

Premium Subscriber
:ROFLMAO: :Big Laugh :covereyes:

That's one ya just print it, look at it, roll your eyes and then collect the money. There's no fixing stoopid. :design:

I'd be too afraid to suggest anything to those people.

TheSnowman

Sometimes ya just gotta rescale it using their terrible "artwork" and fonts, and hit print and never look back.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
"marvelous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well"

The quoted verse seems to work pretty well, praise be to Microsoft Publisher......

wayne k
guam usa

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Lol yep. Like other that is one I'd just bite my tongue, click print and let it go. There is no fixing that and based on the content there is little to no chance the customer is going to want to pay for having it completely redone along with the time consuming explanation of why 90% of the content should be eliminated so the resulting new design would be marginally legible. Just not worth the effort... that's definitely one of the worst I've seen in a looong time. lol

Locals Find!

Wow! They really want you to take a lousy flyer and make it a yard sign??

I admit to doing some really bad work over the years, but damn even I know better than that.

Marlene

well Betty at the church as a nephew who is an "artist" and he can design a sign for our event on his 'puter 'cause he has Word...

rjssigns

You guys should have seen the original ummm...stuff on a Class 8 truck I redid. Shop owner said: "Not to hurt anybodies feelings, but can you imagine anyone doing that then standing back and saying Holy S**t! That looks fantastic"

Fortunately I got to redo the everything, my way.

Original color combo and "graphics" looked liked something Jerry Garcia would have dreamt up on one of his "trips".

Truck was in a major accident so most of the cab got replaced. I think the truck did it on purpose.:Big Laugh

Supergirl

omg, so much wrong in one thing!!!!

I get to see some of those as web fliers. doesn't make your eyes hurt any less.