• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Technically a Survivor

showcase 66

5 years and 7 days ago I found out that I had Melanoma Stage IIc in my right calf. 5 years ago today, I had surgery to remove the 9cm by 5cm by 8mm deep area of my calf as well as 3 enlarged lymph nodes in the groin to remove the cancer.

Today I just got a clean bill of health (at least the melanoma part) from the Dermatologist. Skin test and blood tests done last week came back negative and the 2 other moles they removed came back negative for anything as well. Being 5 years from surgery, I am considered to be a cancer survivor. I have always thought of it as I kicked cancers A$$ to be more suited.

Summer is almost upon us and I want to tell all my friends on here to be safe in the sun. Especially if you are blonde haired and blue eyes. You have a 50% more chance of getting this.

Please be safe and if you have concerns with a mole, get it looked at.

SignBurst PCs

Congrats! I am a cancer survivor myself. I was 23 when I was diagnosed with Stage 3 Hodgkin's Lymphoma. I had a year of chemo and radiation, but it was worth it. I am on my 11th borrowed year and even though the docs told me I probably would be able to have children, I have a beautiful 9 yo daughter. Like you , after 5 years, they said I was "cured". Every sunrise is a gift. I am very happy for you.

showcase 66

Congrats! I am a cancer survivor myself. I was 23 when I was diagnosed with Stage 3 Hodgkin's Lymphoma. I had a year of chemo and radiation, but it was worth it. I am on my 11th borrowed year and even though the docs told me I probably would be able to have children, I have a beautiful 9 yo daughter. Like you , after 5 years, they said I was "cured". Every sunrise is a gift. I am very happy for you.
I am glad you are doing well after 11 years.
I was all ready to wake up from my surgery awaiting for all the chemo therapy that was discussed prior to surgery. To my surprise, as well as the doctors, chemo was not going to be needed. I was so happy to hear that. Only residual effect from everything is that I need to wear a compression sock on my right leg when I am going to be doing a lot of walking, otherwise it swells up really bad.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Good to hear. :thumb:

The phrase.... 'Stop and Smell the Roses'..... probably means more to you then some................. :wink:

ionsigns

Son. Cancer survivor 1995 to present. Limb salvage surgery. Femur prosthesis.
Dr. Bruce Rougraff at saves son's life and leg. CANCER is real. Cancer is survivable.
Good for you and your family. PTL...hope this is not offensive religiously ;)