• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

The Billboard is up!

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Today is the first day it's been up. And it's already paid for itself, and the next 2 months already. I know it's not the perfect design...I guess you can say... i ran out of time...
but it's working so far. Thanks everyone.

Sweet news...:thumb:
Since your changing it out regularly, try changing the bling/type fill on the main copy to solid white and beef up the black outline.
Hit them in the face with good contrast...

Have you tried a different colored background?

Raulrdz

Nice billboard...but what kind of wraps do you serve...personally I like the turkey ones with sprouts and gourmet mustard. LOL! Looks good may the billboard gods bring you much business.

Custom_Grafx

I don't understand all the critique about sandwiches...

It says signs and wraps... so... you get an a frame and he asks you if you want a chicken wrap with it? come on...

...and if you wanna find out coz it just bugs you that much, just look at the website... I'm sure there are plenty of examples on there of what a wrap is in the context of "signs and wraps".

Congrats and well done I say... and as a bonus, it's even working... what more could you want?

CheapVehicleWrap

Today is the first day it's been up. And it's already paid for itself, and the next 2 months already. I know it's not the perfect design...I guess you can say... i ran out of time...

Excellent, glad to hear! I'm happy for you. Good thing you held back... you'd be overwhelmed.

wedosigns

To me this says ( our wraps get you noticed..but we advertise with a billboard)..lol kinda ironic I think..in my shop billboards are the enemy...Wraps are the new billboards!
Big picture, BRANDING!!!
Look at 3m advertised like crazy in the dirty 30's and is now known in every house!
Good for you on the branding!!!

the biggest challenge for anyone in the marketing game (imo) is to think like your potential clients,to use the words & descriptions that they would use not what we in the trade would use.

personally I think that 'wraps' is a term that the majority of business owners (since the primary market is business to business sales) understand,especially when paired with a product image & the nature of the business 'signs'...if a potential client was unfamiliar with the term I would hope that they were able to make the association..however, it is a good reminder to constantly challenge yourself in this regard.

I see TOO many people use technical terms,brand names, etc. That mean ABSOLUTELY nothing to the majority of any of your potential clients,such as dibond,nupoly,hdu..heck even corex ...in my 20+ years in this trade I've had FAR MORE Customers ask for 'you know that plastic material that looks like cardboard' than describe their need as corrugated plastic, coro, corex,etc.

obviously this is equally important when creating web content & seo...challenge yourself to think like a potential client or even better create a small survey group encompassing individuals that mirror your ideal target customers to improve your odds of using the keywords,descriptions,etc that they would utilize to search for or describe your products &/or services.

congratulations on the amazing return on this project,to see a return as large as you have as quickly as you have is not the norm ...take the money & run :) & duplicate or improve on what is working for you .. When we rest...we rott.

Dave Drane

Whatever happened to simplicity in billboard advertising? This pic is from a 3M advertising brochure from the early 60's (just after Scotchlite® was invented). It is full of pics similar to this, all on black background demonstrating how it lit up at night. The advertising value to the customer was much much better than what they get today. Remember the KISS way is better. If anyone is interested in seeing more I am only too happy to put them up.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 62

HulkSmash

Whatever happened to simplicity in billboard advertising? This pic is from a 3M advertising brochure from the early 60's (just after Scotchlite® was invented). It is full of pics similar to this, all on black background demonstrating how it lit up at night. The advertising value to the customer was much much better than what they get today. Remember the KISS way is better. If anyone is interested in seeing more I am only too happy to put them up.

I move with the times.That stuff is dated and boring now.

I think my billboard is simple enough for business owners alike to figure out. Yeah, it could use some refining.. but it's pretty simple

HulkSmash

the biggest challenge for anyone in the marketing game (imo) is to think like your potential clients,to use the words & descriptions that they would use not what we in the trade would use.

personally I think that 'wraps' is a term that the majority of business owners (since the primary market is business to business sales) understand,especially when paired with a product image & the nature of the business 'signs'...if a potential client was unfamiliar with the term I would hope that they were able to make the association..however, it is a good reminder to constantly challenge yourself in this regard.

I see TOO many people use technical terms,brand names, etc. That mean ABSOLUTELY nothing to the majority of any of your potential clients,such as dibond,nupoly,hdu..heck even corex ...in my 20+ years in this trade I've had FAR MORE Customers ask for 'you know that plastic material that looks like cardboard' than describe their need as corrugated plastic, coro, corex,etc.

obviously this is equally important when creating web content & seo...challenge yourself to think like a potential client or even better create a small survey group encompassing individuals that mirror your ideal target customers to improve your odds of using the keywords,descriptions,etc that they would utilize to search for or describe your products &/or services.

congratulations on the amazing return on this project,to see a return as large as you have as quickly as you have is not the norm ...take the money & run :) & duplicate or improve on what is working for you .. When we rest...we rott.

Dan.. you always seem to always have the best advice....

allamericantrade

I am glad it is working for you.

I don't understand all the critique about sandwiches...

It says signs and wraps... so... you get an a frame and he asks you if you want a chicken wrap with it? come on...

I have only been in the industry for about 4 years and before that had no Idea what a wrap was. I knew they where nice but had no Idea. Thinking back had I seen the billboard myself I would not have given it a second thought or glance not being familiar with the term and it would have been lost advertising.

I didn't know the term and would not have cared enough to be bothered with looking it up at that.

Lots of luck with it.

Craig Sjoquist

I'm glad to hear it is working and starting to pay for it self, know many people that say billboards pay for them self.

As far as next one use less words in the tag line... Present one 3 words easy could be gone and say the same.
As far as to many places for eye to go..On present one you have phone, website, & address. One is all that is needed if at all.
Plus your looking at logo and tag line that comes on strong both with alot of copy and a nice mountain scene.
A billboard should be pleasureful viewing like looking at a mountain scene or rolling hills or a waterfall, something to enjoy.

RobbyMac

I think it looks good man. Borderline 'wordy', but the bullet points in black on the left is simple and effective. Everyone around here asks for 'wraps' nowadays it seems (even if it's just a simple stripe job lol) I saw you mention it's at an intersection... Is there a stop light nearby where people can sit a gaze in wonder at your awesome billboard? Or are they zooming by at 90mph?

In either case, I think it works.. it would just work mo' better slower :D If I lived in Colorado, and wasn't in the sign business, and I needed a wrap, I would definately think about calling you! :peace!:

...Actually, after looking at the retro sign, I decided to use my mad photoshopping skills to fix your billboard for you...

Attachments

• new-3.jpg
    new-3.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 62
Last edited: